PDA

View Full Version : Inkjecta specific 3 or thunderget rotary for Portrait B&G ?

darkness
12-12-2012, 01:15 AM
need a buy and sell advice ... i want to buy a new rotary , the thundercat or new inkjecta specific 3
has anyone experience with the machine ?

work a lot with one needle and black &gray ,photorealitic portraits

thanks a lot to all members :)

artoftatt2
12-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Specific 3.. Better machine hands down

vodu
12-12-2012, 02:10 AM
inkjecta by far

throwhammers
12-12-2012, 03:36 AM
I've owned and used both. They are both good machines and i think it depends a little on what you are looking for.
The thundercat is ridiculously light (maybe better for single needle stuff). It's got a lot of power and is very adjustable. Some disposable tubes don't fit the tube vise very well (though a little piece of tape on the tube fixes that. The only downside for me was that, to adjust it you have to open it up and replace a spring. easy enough to do but not something practical to do on the fly. Though I think a lot of people tend to find a sweet spot in their machine settings and leave it there.
The inkjecta is a great machine. It is heavier than the thundercat, and much louder (comparable to a coil). Also very adjustable but can be adjusted on the fly. It hits exactly like a coil does. I personally preferred the inkjecta because of its adjustability on the fly. (its also much easier to clean)
The inkjecta, though is considerably more expensive than the thundercat and one could potentially buy two thundercats and have them set for two different tasks as opposed to one inkjecta.
I would also say that the customer service from inkjecta is amazing, but i don't have any experience with the thundercat customer service.

darkness
12-14-2012, 03:27 AM
thanks a lot for info - thats help me to get the right machine :)