PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used

tatu richie
12-12-2012, 12:39 PM
has anyone used a thundercat? i know there is a thread on them but nothing really said...
is it worth getting?
whats the good and bads about them.
i was offered one for my centri. they look kool i just dont wanna give up such a nice machine if the thundercat isnt any good
let me know please asap
thnx Richie

slicksteel
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
they are all plastic rich and the value has been going down on them really fast.

throwhammers
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
I had one. lightest machine i ever used. I felt like it had enough power to push anything. Stroke was probably around 3.2mm? too short for me for a liner. Ten interchangeable springs, i settled on one of the stiffer one, used it for packing color, and it was a monster.
The needle bar tensioner is a little different from the dragonfly type, as it always has tension on it, so setting up takes a little getting used to. Unloaded it sounds a little rattly and louder than i expected, but with a needle in it, it's pretty quiet.
The tube vise is nice, but i had some disposables that it wouldn't clamp tight enough on (but not all of them). I just stuck a little piece of tape on the tube and i worked fine.
I thought it was a nice machine. Worth a trade for the centri? For me, yeah. But when I trade I am not always looking for a dollar to dollar deal.
I got mine from magic moon in germany and it was pretty expensive.

throwhammers
12-12-2012, 01:01 PM
they are all plastic rich and the value has been going down on the really fast.
They are plastic, yes, but, so what? I have seen plenty of aluminum machines that were junk.
By value, do you mean the price has been going down? Where?

slicksteel
12-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Just from observation of resells on Ebay and other sites and from the companies price they have set from the start. Plastic was just stating a fact was all-did not say it was good or bad at all.

tatu richie
12-12-2012, 01:18 PM
ty throw for ur input. not thinking about dollor for dollor but if it just doesnt work for me then i dont wanna be stuck with it...