PDA

View Full Version : needle help please!

zack_fa1r
12-16-2012, 07:41 PM
So im looking to give barber dts own brand of needle a try but not sure what they will be like,
currently using powerline pin up size 10 7rl's and 9rl's, also their rm shaders for colour, for the rest im on killer ink bugpin 5rl's and bugpin rm shaders for b&g work,
can anybody help me out here, comparison maybe? hate ordering from 2 diff shops, feels like a waste on postage, thanks guys.

Blondan
12-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I would say Barbers are by far better than powerline. But if you are in Uk why don't you try TCGB ones? The quality is really good and they are not expensive. And they make next day delivery.

OwlsDen
12-16-2012, 07:57 PM
TCGB? Do you have a link?

Blondan
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Just search Tattoo club great britain on Google. I allways contact them over the phone and they do most of the groupings. I came across them in a convention. And I think that you get value for your money. I would not say that are as good as Mithra for example but I would recommend you to give them a try.

evlink2006
12-16-2012, 11:27 PM
www.premadetattooneedles.com best needles out there by far.

OwlsDen
12-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Just search Tattoo club great britain on Google. I allways contact them over the phone and they do most of the groupings. I came across them in a convention. And I think that you get value for your money. I would not say that are as good as Mithra for example but I would recommend you to give them a try.

I don't think very highly of Mithra at all. Worst needles I ever tried.

zack_fa1r
12-18-2012, 05:07 PM
thanks guys ama have a look now and see what the score is, thanks alot.

Blondan
12-18-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't think very highly of Mithra at all. Worst needles I ever tried.

Really? What do you normally use then? I had a really good experience, but if you say so, I believe you.

Jim
01-03-2013, 02:32 AM
From what I understand Mithra used to be really good but when B. Bond name dropped them; demand went up and with increased production quality went down...it happens. I have no current suggestions because ima gimp :p

serial1313
01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
From what I understand Mithra used to be really good but when B. Bond name dropped them; demand went up and with increased production quality went down...it happens. I have no current suggestions because ima gimp :p The funny thing about Bond is, his entire reputation (@ least the positive end of it) only exists because he convinced everybody he was great just by running his mouth. He figured out that if he keeps talking about how great he is, & keeps telling people that they are getting the best from him, they will believe it. The intelligent people just walk away,the ignorant people hang around & give him money & hang on his every word. The ignorant people are just that, ignorant on that subject. There is nothing wrong w/ that. We are all ignorant on plenty of subjects.

rollhard
01-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Hahah funny post, a buddy of mine turned me on to one of his videos and all i could think was "well tattooing has it's very own tony robbins". i used to use the mithra needles but they did become hit or miss. no i use the envy needles from tatsoul and have had good results with those.

F

Jim
01-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I won't knock the guy I haven't met him; but he knows a thing or two about marketing, and that's basically all that is. I've seen his videos and he really doesn't tell anyone anything an artist doesn't already know...but; if you step back from the bloat and look at the big picture you can learn a thing or two about marketing. I haven't been in the industry for a number of years; but one of my artist friends said; if he heard someone say, like butter in regard to ink, or dope one more time...he was going to strangle someone.

So basically if you take a note of what he's not saying...it's building your brand, and getting your name out there and recognizable with magazines and crap...if that's what you want to do, and ride the famous artist wave. In that regard people should skip the ball cupping and just do what he does if that's what they want out of their career. You can do it gracefully; inside the industry by making it about the art and technique like some or circus side show fluff like others.