PDA

View Full Version : my new I.D coil frame rotaryworks

rotaryworks
12-18-2012, 05:15 PM
15357hi all this is my new rotary works coil frame i call it the I.D rotaryworks this is machined out of one piece of aluminium will be anodises red black poss green and pink maybe .....except the plate that holds the motor screws on to the back the guide ...have a good look at it ...its taken so many hours to solve how to make in one piece but finally got it .. this is the prototype i got this week ...this has a 3.5mm stroke as standard it has a micro motor on it ...the price well as alway i think a good price as i said one piece ...this is £160 gbp shipped world wide will be ready end of jan ...and ready for brighton tattoo convention .....hope you like many thanks dale ...i think thats it any question please ask

Baldrick
12-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Saw this on FB - looks great, would love to see how it runs ;)

slicksteel
12-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Any chance of a lefy side plate version dale?

acink
12-18-2012, 07:22 PM
very nice Dale been watching this on FB cant wait till January :D

MAD DOG
12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Yea bro been checkin this out on fb myself .....beautiful lookin machine ! Its a rw machine so im confident it will run as bad ass as the rest of the machines you build ....like a dream !! I still need to square up with you on a previous thing we had goin sorry i havent yet but will some time this next year and im gonna try to get at least one of everything you have come up with ......that is everything that is still in production ! Lol . Keep up the good work !!! Love your work . ....i still use the machines i got from you a year and a half ago and they are still running strong . They all have 100's of hours on them and only two of the five have started to slow down a little but they are still running strong ....the two make good shaders .

wildboy
12-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Its there a 12V motor available also?

peter clements
12-19-2012, 07:10 AM
This is gonna be one very nice machine.

The Limey
12-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Looks great, Dale!

OwlsDen
12-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Fantastic idea. Dale you will be making me a little poorer in the new year.

stickboie
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
^ +1

rotaryworks
01-23-2013, 03:07 PM
16185almost ready

rotaryworks
01-23-2013, 03:09 PM
forgot to add will have 20 left hand machines as well

(Opted Out)
01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
16185almost ready

just seen this on facebook dale, im definetly having one of these when there out, really a fan of your machines, im the one who ordered a black ali off you today.

johndameart
01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Very cool! how much will these be going for? rca? clip cord?

rotaryworks
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM
patterned frame £170

boaz
01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
+ 1 motor?

rotaryworks
01-31-2013, 04:33 PM
hi all the new i.D machine is going to be ready next week its come with a 3.5mm throw { i will be doing smaller throw 2.5mm in a few weeks times not on my side } so i have had black red and pink made and had some golden yellow left handed one made they are £160 shipped world wide if you are interested then you can contact me here or on Facebook or you can call me at my studio 01483727606 ..i will be selling all my machines at the brighton tattoo convention as well ....there are limited stock and limited colours ...many thanks dale ....

crabink
02-26-2013, 12:34 AM
just ordered a black one... 3.5 stroke please
its the one to zodiac tattoo studio

MickWrath
02-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Crab def post a review for us!! Mick!

(Opted Out)
02-26-2013, 05:45 AM
I can say without a doubt its the best black and grey machine i have ever used!!!

skinmech
02-26-2013, 10:32 AM
I can say without a doubt its the best black and grey machine i have ever used!!!

A few people including my self will agree with you......If you take the price into consideration,then, anyone who has used one will agree with you..P.

tattood
02-26-2013, 10:47 AM

wow, i got mine yesterday, still havent used it, hearing this makes me want to ditch class and do a tattoo.lol

crabink
02-26-2013, 04:52 PM
black and grey? i hope so.. .. RW says it a color machine on their order sight... but whatever lol we will .. the low volts may make it a little softer i imagine...
i gave the brass springer to my piercer bacuase i love the guy, he's cool as fuck and loves dot work so i was like here you go bro.
I am anxious to run the black I.D i ordered...
ill post a review...
The main reason i gave away the springer was because i didn't like the fall off vise and i didn't like the fact that a single screw was supporting the left and right tilt of the head unit... it moved to much.. i did however liked the quality and functionality of the motor and stroke as well as the price so i figured the solid head unit on the coil-like frame on the I.D. would be stable.... and suit the direct drive better...
I am also curious if the vise is the same? if so i will deal with it.. its not that bad...
I also have a prodigy on order with the larges stroke wheel coming as well.

tattood
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
yes same vice.

OwlsDen
02-26-2013, 05:20 PM
yes same vice.

I thought that it is all one piece now.

tattood
02-26-2013, 05:26 PM
hmm. mine came with the vice not on machine.. i had to put it on. also there is a kind of capacitor on the motor maybe that regulates how it hits

tattood
02-26-2013, 05:41 PM
17205this is the part I'm referring to. let me also say it is not the exact same vice as the other models but it does come off.. also i am not going in shop today but if u all wood like i can post some pictures of what I'm talking about tomorrow. maybe do a side by side next to a brass rotary works.

skinmech
02-26-2013, 05:54 PM
"The main reason i gave away the springer was because i didn't like the fall off vise and i didn't like the fact that a single screw was supporting the left and right tilt of the head unit... it moved to much"

Kinda lost me on this part Bro..The vice on all RW's are as tight as Submarine Windows.. so far I have never had an issue with the Vice..Am I the only one, or is there a problem with the vice..?

skinmech
02-26-2013, 05:58 PM
17205this is the part I'm referring to. let me also say it is not the exact same vice as the other models but it does come off.. also i am not going in shop today but if u all wood like i can post some pictures of what I'm talking about tomorrow. maybe do a side by side next to a brass rotary works.

The Vice Clamp comes off to make it easier to Pack.Like all other Machines....Or are you saying it comes loose whilst working..?

tattood
02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
"The main reason i gave away the springer was because i didn't like the fall off vise and i didn't like the fact that a single screw was supporting the left and right tilt of the head unit... it moved to much"

Kinda lost me on this part Bro..The vice on all RW's are as tight as Submarine Windows.. so far I have never had an issue with the Vice..Am I the only one, or is there a problem with the vice..?

I agree with u skinmech.. also i believe the head unit is in fact support by 2 screws. I changed out the motor on mine yesterday and there is one screw that is visible and one that can only be seen if u take the motor off. Also if the visible screw is loose u may have some movement, just tighten it. But like i said im 95 % sure there is 2 screws i wish i was at shop to take pics of it. and yes the vices are great. one of mine the vice doesnt come off but the rest they do and they have the same functionality, they work great,

tattood
02-26-2013, 06:01 PM
The Vice Clamp comes off to make it easier to Pack.Like all other Machines....Or are you saying it comes loose whilst working..?

It never comes loose while working never had an issue i was referring to the previous comment of it being all one piece and being a fall off vice. maybe my understanding of a one piece rotary and a fall off vice is wrong

MickWrath
02-26-2013, 10:28 PM
Tattood, is there a reason you swapped the motor?

tattood
02-26-2013, 10:55 PM
i swapped the motor on a 6v brass springer that i got through a trade and that person also got it through a trade so it had some mileage on it and I wasnt sure how well the previous owners took care of it so I thought it was a good time for a new motor... TBH i switched it out and it seems to run the same.. in fact im thinking of using the old motor and putting it on my 12v alum springer so i have all my machines running the 6v....

MickWrath
02-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Ahhh ok gotcha

crabink
02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
Does it spin around freely when its loose like the springer? That's what i meant.. the springer's vise is fine.. its just a little fidgity...
and a capacitor wtf?

tattood
02-27-2013, 09:21 AM
I thought that it is all one piece now.

whats up man i messaged Dale about this, here is his response, "It's one piece apart from the clamp on the vice that was separate and the plate that holds the motor .. But the frame is one solid piece"

tattood
02-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Does it spin around freely when its loose like the springer? That's what i meant.. the springer's vise is fine.. its just a little fidgity...
and a capacitor wtf?

no it does not spin around freely, and i think a capacitor is a good idea if used properly,

i feel as though im confusing more than helping this thread : the machine is great, well built, and super smooth.

rotaryworks
02-27-2013, 10:04 AM
hi there the vice does not spin around as its a square block on the i.d where as the sping model vice is round ...is this what your talking about ?

tattood
02-27-2013, 10:33 AM
hey dale also on the springer model is there one or two screws holding the head unit in place.(the part that houses the spring)

rotaryworks
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
should be 2

tattood
02-27-2013, 11:02 AM
thats what i thought .... thank u

crabink
02-27-2013, 08:29 PM
yeah.. sounds good.... cant wait for my black I.D.