PDA

View Full Version : Nedz questions

Tazman
12-18-2012, 11:01 PM
So my nedz was my first rotary, and it is the machine that made me fall in love with rotaries. I have since than bought an old timer and a nicks. Just pulled my nedz out and I ran it but it seemed pretty loud and felt like it was vibrating a lot more than I remember. So I took it apart, cleaned and lubed it. Put back together and it still seems to vibrate a lot. I did replace the motor about 6 months ago but didn't really use it much after replacing the motor with a 6volt motor new.

Maybe it's just that my other rotaries are so much quieter and smooth that I'm just not used to it anymore but it was my first and I will never get rid of it. Any help would be awesome cause I really want this machine to be as good as I know it can. Maybe I should just send it to Ed to see what he says and maybe he could work his magic.

Tazman
12-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Oh yah forgot to say that it is an MR01 and it has not had the updates. Was gonna cost a lot to ship to Ed so I have been putting it off.

thesmokingmirror
12-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Nedz was my first rotary to, I liked it a lot. It is a bit louder than a lot of other machines, just use it for a tattoo so you can tell if its doing its job

joelhague
12-19-2012, 03:31 PM
My nedz was louder then my coils haha but man it was a rad machine lines like butter real coil feel. My nedz also didn't have the updates either tho

e_Bangs
12-19-2012, 08:03 PM
My nedz was louder then my coils haha but man it was a rad machine lines like butter real coil feel. My nedz also didn't have the updates either tho

Man i got the same machine no updates after using fkirons oil sounds like a bee.

Tazman
12-20-2012, 11:27 AM
I will give that a try.

Nedz
12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
I have not tried FK Irons lube but I am using the clear super lube as standard now I used the white one before which is much thicker.
As a side note my machines do make noise but when I developed them I had used coils all my life and was use to the noise. When my rotary made a similar noise it did not bother me and I did not do anything to make them quieter but it should not deter from the machines performance.

e_Bangs
12-20-2012, 07:52 PM
The first nedz is still a daily driver