PDA

View Full Version : centri first try

soreloser
12-21-2012, 05:07 AM

i buy one of the first 50`s centri on ebay ... its a very good shader ....but i use a clipcord
an the maschine stuttering often and changing speed from time to time ...its the only cause for that is use clipcord ?

sorry for my bad english

have nice doomsday

darkness
12-21-2012, 05:15 AM
thats not normal ...i have a green one and is great and consistent working , you should change the clipcord !

skinmech
12-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Will maybe need serviced, there is a link to Mikes/Centri video on here somewhere..

soreloser
12-21-2012, 07:36 AM
ok thanx ..i will look for the video .... the clipcord is ok

hellraiser6662
12-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Go for a rca ive taken my clipcord connection off and it might need some lube in the bearings and a good clean. Contact mike on here hes good at replying but dont run it over 6v its got a 6v motor any more than that and it's good bye motor.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

peter clements
12-21-2012, 02:57 PM
It's the clipcord, an RCA connection is best for Centris, the machine demands perfect current flow. If you must use a clipcord use one that is VERY high tension. It's because of the Centri that I now favor RCA jacks for all machines,the current flow is more consistent.

jonpiper
12-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I agree its probably the clipcord. I've recently switched over to rca exclusively. They are way more consistent in power and haven't had any problems with them shorting out. Before I was going thru clipcords left and right. Especially with rotaries they really need a consistent power supply that only a rca can provide

adamfromessex
12-23-2012, 03:44 PM
hi my name is a adam, and i'm an R.c.aholic.
all my machines are converted to rca- rotary and coil, no pivoting swinging clip that has a mind of it's own, now badly made clipcord to throw across the room :)

skinmech
12-23-2012, 04:03 PM
I would be very surprised if the Clip cord connection was the main fault...

soreloser
12-25-2012, 11:51 AM
The clipcord that i have is a good one frome bavarian customs ...and now i ordered a rca and will test it end of the week

peter clements
12-25-2012, 02:19 PM
The clipcord that i have is a good one frome bavarian customs ...and now i ordered a rca and will test it end of the week

Do let us know how it performs with the RCA, if it still studders send it on to Mike who will overhaul it for you till it's sweet, he's a very decent guy to deal with.

soreloser
12-26-2012, 05:04 PM
The problem was the power unit ... with the rca i have the same problems and the i change the power unit and thr centri runs fine ...... all othrt machines runs fine with my old power unit ...