PDA

View Full Version : O-ring damper for swiss rotary or stealth machines

otto
02-21-2011, 06:38 AM
1699smaller,easyer,faster,lower vibrations

peter clements
02-21-2011, 09:07 AM
How is it faster, surely it inhibits the torque? I think it's ugly aswell.

Zapp
02-21-2011, 09:38 AM
In my opinion,Professional looks different !

otto
02-21-2011, 10:42 AM
for shure it was made first to see how it works, not to see how it looks :)
i did work with it and with good results ,it has a very smooth hit and its a good single pass liner,i'll post photos with some tattoos done with it
i was saying that is faster than the previous i made,it was not compared to another machines,i'm just playing if you know what i mean

slicksteel
02-21-2011, 03:19 PM
cool ideas otto!
i like the idea of that u cool use different orings-thickness ,material etc. I think you have a great idea i think the needle runs would work great for this setup-got my today and ran it on the stealth with great results.
The proof is in the pudding as you do amazing work with these machines!

otto
02-21-2011, 04:19 PM
thanks michael,
i am just sharing some ideas, nothing else.I always wanted a machine that does all good- lining,coloring and soft shading and that is why i modified my stealths and tried out some things..so with the first one i was not 100% satisfied how it shaded and tried out that O- ring witch seems to do the job(lining,coloring,shading) without touching it or having to adjust someting.I don't know,maybe it sounds crazy,but that is what i experienced with them:)

cheers!

JohnnyChaos
02-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Looks interesting. Ive been looking at modding my stealth. Are u making all the parts from scratch?

otto
02-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Looks interesting. Ive been looking at modding my stealth. Are u making all the parts from scratch?

all the parts are made with the lathe

peter clements
02-22-2011, 05:16 PM
How does it attach to the armature or does it attach elsewhere? I must admit the more I look at the photo the more curious I am, I'd definitly like to play with this device-yes, interesting.

otto
02-22-2011, 06:06 PM
well it s not attached by the armature ,it s by the frame ,right under the armeture bar was resting down(the armature bar was removed totaly).today just finished the second one with teflon piston inside and tried out some diferent o-rings,in this way was very easy to play with the dampening and i finded out that with a softer o-ring its a good allrounder
cheers

otto

The Limey
02-22-2011, 06:18 PM
I think its great that you are experimenting Otto, I wish that I had the tools to try a few things myself!

otto
02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
thanks! i wish that too,cause i have just a drilling machine and a friend of mine has the lathe :)

slicksteel
02-22-2011, 07:15 PM
I like hand made stuff-cool!

otto
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
I like hand made stuff-cool!
in some ways yes,but when it comes to precision parts ,making them with bare hands it s not an good option ;)

Administrator
02-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Many hand made machines are still made with the assistance of a mill and a lathe. :)

I spent time in another life working for a guy who made hand made racing bicycles. All the tubes where mittered on a mill, any other way was not as precise. The final brazing, assembly and hours with sand paper and files where all done by hand.

slicksteel
02-22-2011, 10:44 PM
tru i have had all handmade coil machines and they are not to precise,i do like everything to line up.

Rattus
02-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice job Otto, I want a few! lol
One thought, you could add a spring on the top of the piston and thread the top cylinder for a adjustment screw.

How did you secure it to the frame???

otto
02-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Nice job Otto, I want a few! lol
One thought, you could add a spring on the top of the piston and thread the top cylinder for a adjustment screw.

How did you secure it to the frame???

first it was with adjustable spring inside as you said,but i like how it works better with the o ring,trust me;). i know that dosen t look very pretty but is a very simple solution.it was also bigger before with that spring inside.
upper in this thread i explained how i fixed it to the chasis with an L-bar
i'll make a short vidoe to show how it works,maybe i can upload it here

slicksteel
02-23-2011, 02:43 PM
i feel the oring setup would work for any application as you can get them very easily and change to different ones.

otto
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
true,true,but you can use any elastic materials if you have,the possibilities are in large numbers.the good thing with it is that the device cand be verry small,shorter device=fewer vibrations

otto
02-28-2011, 01:28 AM
here is a short vid. of the dampening device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DA-sBEQ5Mw

slicksteel
02-28-2011, 01:45 AM
very cool,i how that could be better then a spring setiup!

darkink
03-13-2011, 11:46 PM
This is cool but what’s inside of the barrel? I’m not getting it. I’d love to try and make one…
All I can say is wow. And I seen the tattoo u did with it smooth

otto
03-14-2011, 03:29 AM
thanks!
check out:http://www.inkmachines.com/content/service
the damper is similar to this one but the spring is not inside the piston

SAACADELIC
04-12-2011, 11:39 AM
THAT STealth dampener is neat-o