PDA

View Full Version : Blitz rotary...

Heath
01-08-2013, 01:19 PM

Got my "used" Blitz rotary today, my first rotary personally after being coil only the past 7 years of tattooing professionally. This machine punches like a coil but with zero give. Will test it out this weekend at the shop! Any tips or pointers? Will post a review later on.

slicksteel
01-08-2013, 02:11 PM
start at around 7v and work you way up.
Also if you want it whisper quiet with a much smoother action like the bishops,neos,impacts you can take off the slide and drill a small hole in the center bottom of it and and a small dimple in the frame channel-a small spring will go in there between the two.
You can get them from bishop etc. A harder spring has less needle time in the skin and faster return for lining and a softer one for shade/color which keeps the needles in the skin more with helps with healing and saturation.

Sage Oz
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
The blitz to me was a really nice machine with an intuitive feel. switch to RCA it'll run smoother!

MickWrath
01-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Great machine homie there's a couple floating around my shop.

Heath
01-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Thanks everyone! Yeah I plan to try out some smaller stuff here soon...today was only a script walk-in so hopefully this weekend will allow me to give it some use.. I'm just overly concerned with my hand movement and overworking the skin with this versus a coil color packer.

Heath
01-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Ok, so I've used the machine on a few tattoos now and have to say that for gray shading it's much easier to use than my top dollar coil machines. It just blends grays with less effort and in a pass or two versus building and building with whip shading using my coil to achieve the same results. Color packing I've not used it enough yet to give a good review but so far so good. It seems like it does the job faster with less trauma for coloring. It's almost as if I do not have to push as hard nor do nearly as much hand movement to get good saturation as compared to a coil.

peter clements
01-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Ok, so I've used the machine on a few tattoos now and have to say that for gray shading it's much easier to use than my top dollar coil machines. It just blends grays with less effort and in a pass or two versus building and building with whip shading using my coil to achieve the same results. Color packing I've not used it enough yet to give a good review but so far so good. It seems like it does the job faster with less trauma for coloring. It's almost as if I do not have to push as hard nor do nearly as much hand movement to get good saturation as compared to a coil.

Welcome to the world of rotary addiction;)

jesoner79
01-19-2013, 06:15 PM
yeah what peter said lol its just the beginning lol

skinmech
01-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Hey just like the guys said..But remember, this is the Honeymoon Period. The Blitz will be fine for a while and you will be satisfied with it...But, it won't be long before you wake up sweating, cos you know you need a Bigger Hit........;)

Ps...There is always great Shit kickin about in the Classifieds....My Door is always open Bro...I will be waiting......:cool:

Administrator
01-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey just like the guys said..But remember, this is the Honeymoon Period. The Blitz will be fine for a while and you will be satisfied with it...But, it won't be long before you wake up sweating, cos you know you need a Bigger Hit........;)

Ps...There is always great Shit kickin about in the Classifieds....My Door is always open Bro...I will be waiting......:cool:

Keep chasing the dragon... Ha!

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Heath
01-19-2013, 07:52 PM
...this is the Honeymoon Period......My Door is always open Bro...I will be waiting......:cool:

LOL I'm sure it will be open! I didn't expect a rotary to make tattooing easier. I was thinking it would more than likely be harder to work with. It's almost like going from acoustic to electric guitar. Gray shading is much much easier. The build time has cut in half using the same saturation mixes I always use. It also seems to not blotch or pepper as easily as a coil does. Anyone else experience this?

I just did a full color piece with it, nothing I'm proud of to post because the art sucked, but I swear the rotary put yellow's and lime greens in much easier than a coil and much more saturated. In the past I would use a liner to push those colors in properly (like highlights on a leaf) but not anymore. Anyone else feel this way? It's insane.

Heath
01-22-2013, 02:32 AM
Finally did a tattoo that I am proud to show using the Blitz entirely except for the minimal line work. As a "coil only guy" this machine works amazing. The zero give for me took two tattoos to get used to and this being my 3rd using the Blitz made me feel just as comfortable using. I think I can blend faster with it and easier too.