PDA

View Full Version : a few more rotaries..

Dan Kubin
02-23-2011, 02:13 PM
1714 17131715
I have a goal to build 1 machine a week.these are the past 3 we machines.
I have been really happy with the springer set-up. They work great for those who like efficient, slow, punchy machines. They have shaved about a week off my healing times.

The middle one was made for Slicksteel but he flaked on me, just as the paint flaked off the machine! Lol! No hard feelings though. It is now my daily driver.

Administrator
02-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Very Cool!

Whats your retail on the new machines?

slicksteel
02-23-2011, 02:17 PM
sorry about that dan-i dont think it would have worked out for me in the end as you say it runs slow.

possessed2sk8
02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Ooh ooh ooh is one of them mine Dan? Just got back in town I'll write you a msg today

The Limey
02-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Those look great Dan, I like these new style ones a lot.

Dan Kubin
02-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah, the rigid one is yours, if you want it, Henry. It has a neo-tat motor in it, which is really good, but it runs at 10-12 volts.
I had a second thought that it would be nice to sell to a neo-tat owner who was in the market for a rotary liner...or whatever. (I originally started using those as liners)

I'm selling the rca springers for $265
clip-cord setups for $285

the rigid strapons I sell for $250

Administrator
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
I like the "springer" name, makes me think of my old Schwinn with a springer front fork suspension. :)

Dan Kubin
02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
sorry about that dan-i dont think it would have worked out for me in the end as you say it runs slow.

To clarify, You get the spongier effect when running slow, which somehow puts the ink in with very little effort, which lends to the quick healing process. There is much less blood and skin irritation when tattooing like that.
I like to imagine skin as a wet paper towel, and approach a tattoo in that fashion.
You can run them faster, but the faster you run, the harder it hits...to where it doesn't really dampen at all.

when it slows down, the spring backs off more, but it causes it to "charge" so you get a faster needle travel speed.. (if that makes sense)

slicksteel
02-23-2011, 05:27 PM
very intresting I think you may have caught on to something new!sounds very mutli purpose turn up for lineing-down for shading/color.