PDA

View Full Version : need some swash help.

eric03
01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
does anybody know where i can get a new maxon motor for my swash gen 6? took the motor out but it seems to b a struggle finding it on the internet. don't wanna send it to swashdrive for some of the stories i read on here. seems like an easy fix to swap out the motor so if n e one can help, it would b appreciated.thanks.

Shawn
01-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Check the halo motors.

carlosbarraza
01-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Is the motor dead or running inconsistently and warm. If it is not dead try replacing the main top bearing with a ceramic bearing. I did this with my gen7 and it made all the difference.

eric03
01-17-2013, 08:38 PM
the motor sounds weird. it gives off a squeaky sound and runs inconsistent. i took off all the parts n ran it with just the motor. u can hear something is going on inside the canister. so i figured the motor was on its way out.

Sage Oz
01-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I've replaced the main bearings with white abec 7 ceramics on 3 gen6 machines so far, awesome upgrade and easy/affordable to find as they are same size as skate bearings. The motor I'm pretty damn sure is a Maxon 17x23 (model #1723 duh) in both the Halo and those swashdrives

vodu
01-17-2013, 09:37 PM
WTF! the bearing is the same as rollerblades/skate?

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2

Sage Oz
01-17-2013, 10:58 PM
WTF! the bearing is the same as rollerblades/skate?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/18/7aby7uqa.jpg
Yup! Pretty smart of swashdrive right?

Sage Oz
01-17-2013, 10:59 PM
I bought a 8 pack of those high quality bearings for only $45 on eBay, there's tons of choices.

vodu
01-17-2013, 11:18 PM
Smart and....i don't know but everytime you put the machine to work it doesnt looks like a lot inertia to put the bearings to roll?like a train? And in the milisecs the motor strangle to start? Maybe i am talking crap but as i know phisics this happens...

Sage Oz
01-18-2013, 04:44 AM
There is a half second of lag time...not a huge deal I was quite happy just using gen6s for years, they are nice well rounded platform that works very well...

vodu
01-18-2013, 11:47 AM
cool

deeptat2
01-18-2013, 02:15 PM
I've replaced the main bearings with white abec 7 ceramics on 3 gen6 machines so far, awesome upgrade and easy/affordable to find as they are same size as skate bearings. The motor I'm pretty damn sure is a Maxon 17x23 (model #1723 duh) in both the Halo and those swashdrives
Please...part number for gen7 and Whip?Thanks.

Sage Oz
01-18-2013, 02:22 PM
I've only seen those machines and am not sure but I believe it's the same motor in the g7, maybe the whip too. Sorry I've only worked on the g6's :(

Samyo
02-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Eric 03 ... Mate I am not really sure what horror stories you have heard about us but apart from a short time when we where out of stock of motors we have very few trouble with servicing our clients .. biggest challenge is simply turn around time for postage simply because we are down here on the arse end of the planet .... And like most companies we have the occasional fuck up (generally my fault) but we do our best to sort them out ... generally we get lots of praise for our service & willingness to go the extra bit to help.

We do have motors for the Gen 6 & 7's they will cost you $120 plus the postage .. it is not a difficult fit up but you do need to pay attention when you line everything up to put the machine back together ...

The inertia on the motor startup can sometimes be there particularly if it is cold or if you have a bearing full of ink and oil. The physics of the setup creates a 12 to 1 mechanical advantage so at times there is a bit of brief load on motors and bearings particularly if people have over oiled their machine.

If anyone is interested we also have the Gen8 due out in the next few weeks ... it is a brand new beast and is a return to using the Swashdrive mechanism .... It has a bigger motor, an adjustable give clip that goes from really soft to rock hard with a really simple mechanism the prototype & first production models have has some rave reviews & even converted on of our hardened coil users. ... they will be launched at the Sydney show in March.

And Eric if you want a motor e-mail me .. [email protected] .. tel me your from this forum.

Samyo
02-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Oh and one thing to add ... we machine & fit the motor shafts for the Gen 6/7's so if you buy a motor you may find it difficult to swap over the motor shaft .... it is the same motor in both machines but the length of the shaft is different as the Gen7 have the bridge at the back to protect the Swashplate. Cheers Samyo

Sage Oz
02-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Ooooh gen8's !!!

elbo
02-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Ohhhh yeh the Gen 8 will be a welcome addition to my swashdrive collection....

darkness
02-01-2013, 07:19 AM
just another Hyper V3 from swashdrive ... i have build my own Gen8 with a needletensioner and a 6w maxon motor last year

eric03
02-13-2013, 03:17 AM
thanks samyo. i will b emailing u.

eric03
02-13-2013, 03:37 AM
i just wanted to state on here that my lack of interest with going to swashdrive to fix my gen 6 was not a knock or me bad mouthing them. i just heard some of the criticism on here stating pretty much what samyo stated in his response n figured i could do it myself for cheaper. samyo always has communicated with me concerning my questions and help issues in a very fast and lengthy response. so please don't read into my post other than me thinking i could do a cheap fix myself.so that being said, i will b sending my machine to samyo to fix for me. i still stand by my swashdrives n have used them as my daily machines for years now. absolutely love them and wish they still made the gen 6(hint hint samyo) i will b sure to share my experience on here for others to read. thanks again samyo and everyone else that was helpful.stay well.