PDA

View Full Version : Neo Tat Problems

Jan Li
01-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi i have just trade to a Neo tat P with 20 hours under its wings and having a lot of trubles with this machines , the man i traded this from say that neotat are will know for make noise when the needles get a resistanse , but when i testet it the machines will nut run then i took i a part and clean it and lube it whit lube there was supplied whit the machines, now it can run when i bumb up the voltages to around 9 volt unloaded and suddenly its make a lot off noise run Down the voltages sound stops and when i goes up Again the noise comes Again if i press the foot pedal and shot off and on Again the machines will not run until i give it a Little Flick and so on. Is it the motor the is burn out ? I run The Neo on Eikon 400 or 200 or a labtek no differens. Can any body help me out. Jan :confused:

slicksteel
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM
most people run them from 7.5 to 11 loaded-I run mine at 7.8 to 8.8 for color n shading and 9.5 to 10.5 for line.
I would check all wire connections to make sure there was not a motor swap or bad wiring-if they have not been messed with they should look nice soldered with with clear cover over solder joint.
also check to make sure the cam/bearing has not been changed-neotat balances them and the are put on the shaft evenly and in the right shaft position-they should be put on with full strength locktite from the maker. sometime people take them off and dont put back on right.
Also make sure there is no grease in slide spring - only put a little bit grease n oil mixed together in the slide back n sides and move up n down before mounting motor.
Also make sure that powersupply is good one not one with meter for coils and that all of those wires have not shorts etc.

skinmech
01-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Running your machine unloaded will make it noisier, as it doesn't have any resistance, (think sitting in your Car,in neutral gear and revving the engine to 4000 Revs, your motor will be screaming,but, driving along at 60 miles an hour at 4000 Revs and you can barely hear the engine..That is because it is "under load") ...Get a 9rl, grip,tip and tube on it, clip it in and run at 8 volts for one minute ...Then increase to 10 volts for one minute, this will clear out any excess lube..

Jan Li
01-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi Skinmech and Slickstel, Thanks for the repply and the help you give. I have taken the machines apart and there is a lot of screwmarks on the motor there indicate a lot of mantaince, the cam whele is not tight up with locktite it just to loosen whit a allen key.When i look at the motor there is two Wheels on the cam the Little wheele with bearrings when i turn this around i can feel as there is iron pieces in this bearrings makes some noise and do not turn freely.My thaught is its have been taken apart before, i have Pictures of the motor and the bearrings but i have no clue to get it up here can i send the to one of you and you put it for me . Sorry for the spelling my Danish is the same way. Jan

slicksteel
01-23-2013, 03:04 PM
pm ya

Administrator
01-23-2013, 05:54 PM
The motor screws may have been over tightened. Depends on the generation of the machine if the cam was lock tighted or not.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Jan Li
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks for all reply its seems that the cam whele is broken in the Bearing its docent run freely. Jan

Brat
01-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Sorry Jan Li, didn't know that. As I said in the trade threat, i never used it. Never took it apart or anything. This is how I got it, if you need to buy a new cam wheel I will be happy to refund you the cost of the cam wheel.

Administrator
01-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Thanks for all reply its seems that the cam whele is broken in the Bearing its docent run freely. Jan

Shoot Ray an email they might be able to help you troubleshoot it or may have you send it back so they can make it all new again.

joelhague
01-25-2013, 12:07 AM
U will need to buy a whole new motor as ray doesn't sell the cam's alone

tat2bert
01-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Just a little tip for the Neo's... If it gets loud at higher voltage contact Ray and ask for the "RED" stay up springs. It's a stiffer spring that will eliminate that noise. ray sent me 2 of them for both mine. I was getting a really bad howling noise around 9.5-10 volts. Now I can run them at 11-12 volts no noise...

Jan Li
01-25-2013, 01:51 AM
Its the motor and cam wheel there is total worn out. I have to buy a new motor with came wheel its only sold that way. I have contacted them at neotats they send me the motor and cam wheele for 65 dollars plus shipping . Thanks for all the help here fantastic place.Brat if you
will pay for the rep of the machines you are welcom
It was a bad trade for me. The Bishop fantastic machines love it but the Neo was broken Down. Shit happens you never know, if its just lupeing its need or its the motor. I am not angry at you Brat you diddent know as i said shit happens .
. Jan Li

Brat
01-25-2013, 05:35 AM
Give me your paypal addy and I'll send you 65 usd is that cool with you Jan Li?

vodu
01-25-2013, 06:45 AM
and this people, is how gentlemans make trades. nice, mate!

The Limey
01-25-2013, 06:47 AM

Spoken like a true Gent!

Jan Li
01-25-2013, 07:33 AM
I cool with me Brat you are a true gentleman as said in the other post i send you my pay pal in privat thanks Brat Jan

Brat
01-25-2013, 10:15 AM
65 usd sent to Mr. Jan Li

Jan Li
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
ligthning fast!!!! great man to do buisenes with. Jan Li