PDA

View Full Version : Stigma

Big Oh
02-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Has anyone talked with Eikon's customer service department on when they will have stigmas in stock? Whats the hold-up with stigmas? Im wondering if they are revising the machine.

Administrator
02-25-2011, 01:40 AM
The Eikon tech rep has an account on the forum so he may see this and give a better answer. They stock as many machines as they get when they order and they sell out pretty quick. If you want last I checked you can sign up to get an email alert from Eikon as soon as they hit the shelves but you will need to get your order in faster then all the other people waiting.

In short the hold up is not with Eikon, it would be with Stigma.

Big Oh
02-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Ya i understand that Eikon doesn't manufacture stigmas, they are simply a distributor. I was just wondering what was the delay on stigmas side. I signed up for that e-mail alert a month ago, but nothing yet, they must have a really long waiting list. Obviously the demand is much greater than the supply. This money is burning a hole in my pocket...hmmm...Dragonfly, Bishop, Rapier 2, Blitz?

Administrator
02-25-2011, 10:44 AM
NeoTat, Ben Wight, Swash, Rotary Works.... the list goes on and on.

What are you looking for exactly?

possessed2sk8
02-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Yes yes I agree to the above. You can get a comporable or better machine directly from one of the builders above or on this forum why wait. If you have any questions or want opinions check the old posts for reviews or even make a new one yourself. Most of the time talking directly to the builder you can get exactly what your after too

slicksteel
02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
It all depends on if you want a machine with very little give-Neo, Rotaryworks,Blitz,Swiss made- or one with more give like the dragonfly,stigma,rapier. All these have give modeled after coil machines,I prefer that type as i like to also use my fkiron coil machines alot still. so its a no brainer for me. All thoe a no give short stroke rotary will work similer to a cutback shader in which you use scrubing motions for BnG. I have found a stealh with the short bearing works great for that style(ala joshua calrton-master of that style!)
So i think it depends on what style you like to do. I like big bold stuff so coils and rotarys that run like them work better for me. I have tried all the diff kinds on my wife and she says the rapiers and swashdrives hurt the least.
Just my thaughts thoe so find what works for you.