PDA

View Full Version : Hummingbird

R0st0ck
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Anyone has seen these Machine before?
Looks like a Child from a Spektra and a Stigma :eek:

http://thetattooshop.de/shop/copy_of_Hummingbird_Rotary_Tattoo-Maschinen_Blau.html

johndameart
01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Yeah I saw them on ebay....Im not too sure on them....just looks like they took too different machines and put this together... haha

Eturnus
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
it might be a piece of junk but it is a really cool concept.

Wonderland
01-23-2013, 02:30 PM
huh kinda neat in a way

johndameart
01-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah I agree, it is a ver cool concept tho.

(Opted Out)
01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Wonder if its from the makers of hummingbird disposables

Clone Boy
01-23-2013, 02:53 PM
I saw these on ebay too and thought they looked cool. Whos buying one to review them???? ;-)

peter clements
01-23-2013, 03:20 PM
It's from "Tattoo (Scratcher) shop" fuck em.

vsprotoss
01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
china crap. all over ebay. it probably runs like the crappy knockoff bizarres but with a twist! removable motor like copying the spektra!

Clone Boy
01-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Well that was easy. Tata china copy ;-)

Blondan
01-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Is like they copy all the machines out there... And take parts from deferent machines and play with them like with Lego. Here you go....this is like a bastard between stigma bizarre and a bit of spektra if it has the removable motor bolt.

fkirons
01-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Yep and these people "The Tattoo Shop UK" had the audacity to ask for distribution, when they were one of the first to rip off the entire line of FK Irons and while carrying the Spektra Knock offs.

If this machine runs like the Spektra Knock off, you'll be tossing your money to the garbage.
Their main problem are the cheap materials, cheap motor and way off" tolerances, aside for the lack of knowledge.

This people are nothing but Worldwide Tattoo catering to scratchers once again.

Jack Steel
01-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Yep and these people "The Tattoo Shop UK" had the audacity to ask for distribution, when they were one of the first to rip off the entire line of FK Irons and while carrying the Spektra Knock offs.

If this machine runs like the Spektra Knock off, you'll be tossing your money to the garbage.
Their main problem are the cheap materials, cheap motor and way off" tolerances, aside for the lack of knowledge. !

This people are nothing but Worldwide Tattoo catering to scratchers once again.
Amen!

Vinoshitto
01-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Saw them in a Chinese product catalog for this year.. option on Swiss motor or Taiwan motor.. a couple of dollars diff.
Then of course is the question if you will get the Swiss motor, and not just some crap motor with a small red cross on it..
However, buying a machine from someone that does not tattoo as well, feels not very assuring.. Beside all the don't-by-from-Chinese-suppliers etc etc..

The question is.. Are China starting new products based on pretty much every machine out there?.. If so.. who cares?.. It's better than a complete rip-off of already existing machines..

INKWORKX
03-21-2013, 11:42 AM
A couple of my guys run these and they have been excellent.

INKWORKX
03-21-2013, 11:45 AM
PS
IMO the Tattoo Shop have been the most reliable supplier in the UK i have used and wake up guys all the suppliers sell to scratchers.

Fatlad5
03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
PS
IMO the Tattoo Shop have been the most reliable supplier in the UK i have used and wake up guys all the suppliers sell to scratchers.

Not all suppliers sell to scratchers, central tattoo supplies to name but one.

asA
03-21-2013, 12:03 PM
PS

Im not sure the situation In the uk... but there is plenty of places in 'merica that dont seel to people outta thier house..... and dont sell blaitant rip off. Dont fool yourself by calling a supplier reputable while they sell knock offs..

artoftatt2
03-21-2013, 12:09 PM
No matter what if someone wants tattoo equipment bad enough they will get it especially in the USA .. I know several "home" tattooers that have legally built studios inside their house and have no issue ordering from anyone.. I mean come on.. In all reality half the guys that work at shops shouldn't even be tattooing ..

INKWORKX
03-21-2013, 01:19 PM
The only supplier who checks if you are a studio is Central, the rest don't.

skinmech
03-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Not all suppliers sell to scratchers, central tattoo supplies to name but one.

I got to agree with Fatlad on this. Here in the UK, there are some reputable companies, who will only ship to you after you have sent them a copy/proof of your Licence/Registration....Don't think for one minute that all supply companies have access to the same Products, because they don't. The harder it is to open an account with a company "usually" means they have a wider range of quality products...Doesn't mean they are better or more reliable, but, at least they have "some ethics"..

(Opted Out)
03-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Only ever been asked for a certificate once, that was for specificaly fusion ink, from killerink.

INKWORKX
03-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Skinmech, who apart from Central asks for this. They are all out to make money and pay bills like us guys.
Killer ink supply kits so they are clearly not one of them, they only ask for proof like you say for Fusion.

artoftatt2
03-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Yeah I bought my stigmas from killer ink and they diddint ask for anything

Wonderland
03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
heck im sure that yeoulong china knock off supply company will have this machine soon just like they have the fake halo and bishops , and pretty much every other innovator they can rip off.

crabink
03-22-2013, 12:24 AM
If you get one, make sure you wear a face shield when you tattoo with it, so when it explodes you won't loose an eye

skinmech
03-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Skinmech, who apart from Central asks for this. They are all out to make money and pay bills like us guys.
Killer ink supply kits so they are clearly not one of them, they only ask for proof like you say for Fusion.

I agree with you, they are all out to make money......Barber DTS and Starr Supplies used to ask for proof of Registration, I opened an account years ago, so I assumed it was still normal practise for them, my apologies if this has changed....As I said, just because you need to provide proof, doesn't mean the Company is any better, tbh, these are the ones who, usually rip the Arse out of Postage costs..or are out of stock..

evol777
03-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Im still interested in a real review. How many "legit" machines on the market use the same piston system or other feature with little or no innovation? And this machine is from what I gather not a direct copy of anything else on the market so cudos to them for relocating them lego blocks. It very well may be (and is most likely) a POS but I'd like to hear it from someone who has it in their hands and put it to skin. Anyone anywhere can get any tattoo product...even people we dont feel fit to tattoo. And as stated above, just because they work in a shop doesn't mean they should be tattooing.

JohnnyChaos
03-29-2013, 12:52 PM
I was round at a mate's studio today and he'd got some of these.
I got to have a little play and to be honest I was surprised how nice they were.
They ran very smoothly, the give worked well, the needle retainer worked and everything seemed a lot more solid and smooth than other chinese junk I've seen.
The only bit that looked bad was the cutout on the slider which looked a bit rough.
He did offer to sell me one, but I got a Dragonfly off him instead.

I should say though, that he has only just got them, so no idea how long they'll last. And even though they ran nicely, as soon as I plugged the dragonfly in you could tell it was better quality.