PDA

View Full Version : Old school flaws or Neo correct??

Mozzer337
01-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Just wanted to ask, if you guys prefer the old school look of bad posture etc in old flash designs, as opposed to the newer more realistic proportioned art we see today in Neo traditional stuff?

I love the really stripped down basic styles by the likes of Berk Krak, Mike Adams and Steve Boltz.

It seems to defy all the "art" rules!! Shading in the wrong places, poor perspective, no light source as such, out of proportion form etc...............

Just seems a mirror image of what most tattooers nowadays want to achieve.

Whats your preference??

Old or Neo?

OwlsDen
01-25-2013, 08:12 AM
The older I get the more I like the older look.

Mozzer337
01-25-2013, 08:16 AM
^^^.....................Here, here. :-)

Wonderland
01-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Old school for sure, there is just something about it that I enjoy doing. It's like trying to go back in the past, a tattoo artist time machine.

nivek
01-25-2013, 09:29 AM
I like the older stuff, but the better of it. The stuff that has stuff intentionally drawn off never worked for me. Neo_trad has become a bit stale as its seems to be everyone's solution. I LOVE the old stuff, and I really enjoy trad japanese, but I think it all has it's merits.

For practice I repaint Sailor Jerry and Owen stuff,because it really helps me get in touch with what I am doing.

CajunDave
01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
neo traditional 100% all the way. i do love a good oldskewl traditional rose though. i really like david tevenals take on the style , and i really love timmy b's slightly realistic take as well.

CajunDave
01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
jeff ensminger as well (forgive me if i spelled last name wrong)

jesoner79
01-25-2013, 05:07 PM
i love it all from old shit to new shit

vodu
01-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Old school i love when it's so f*ugly, it's beatiful

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2

Tazman
01-25-2013, 06:04 PM
There is just something about old school style that is iconic and imaginative. Don't get me wrong I do appreciate a good newer style tattoo but you just can't go wrong with old school.

scottrallen
01-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Traditional all the way. There's just something really striking about breaking things down to its most basic elements and using those bold lines and a limited solid color pallet. It stands up to the test of time as well. And I love to be able to see exactly what a tattoo is from across a room.