PDA

View Full Version : New Neo Tat Machines

Alie K
09-23-2010, 09:16 PM
ZOMG! These just arrived today! Can't wait to try them! I got one of each stroke length. They feel so nice and solid, too. They are still light, but they are quite beefy-feeling.

rjdadio
09-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey, nice picture!!

Glen-P
09-23-2010, 10:59 PM
You're gonna looooooove those machines! Congrats!

Alie K
09-24-2010, 12:40 AM
what do you usually run them at, voltage-wise? I'm going to try to use one of them for some black and grey work on saturday...

Alie K
09-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Used the Neo Tat liner/shader to start a backpiece. Took a little while to get used to - the stroke is a lot shorter than I'm used to. Ran the shader at about 8v, and it seemed to put the shading in pretty smoothly. Didn't hit as softly as my coil shader, but still worked really nice.

My machines are nice and solid feeling, and Ray (the Neo Tat creator) is awesome with customer service. He is super free-flowing with advice. Great company, great machines. He told me he was going to set up a booth at the Edmonton convention. If you're going, It'd be worth your while to pick one up.

Mike3six
10-24-2010, 10:48 PM
the only reason why i believe in true love is cause of neo-tats. and it alll thanks to Alie. so maybe that means i'm actually in love with you. who knows but i'm super impressed by Ray and his magical creation. The transition from coil machines to neo-tats really didnt involve alot of "getting used to" in my opinion and not to mention shades and gradiants are wayyyyyyyyyyy smoother with these!

phatmountain
10-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Just got a chance to try them at the Ottawa Tattoo Expo thanks to Glen Paradise. These are very nice & seemed to perform very similar to the Dragonfly's I was using at the expo. Thanks again Glen!!!

Glen-P
10-28-2010, 10:59 AM
No problem at all! Glad to spread the love for the Neo-tats! Going to look and order to dragonfly's today as well! Good to hear you had a great tome too! Next visit come by the shop and do a guest spot.
Cheers!

mmtattoo
11-17-2010, 12:42 AM
they like to run at any thing from 8.4 to 11 volts most of the time i leave them on 9 volts only turn them up or down depending on the skin

polynesianworks
11-20-2010, 04:09 AM
ZOMG! These just arrived today! Can't wait to try them! I got one of each stroke length. They feel so nice and solid, too. They are still light, but they are quite beefy-feeling.

must be nice to get three at a time

Alie K
11-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Heck, yeah it was nice!!!

Well, I wasn't sure what stroke length I wanted. There are 3 to choose from. I had never used one of these machines before, and didn't know anyone else who used them, so I figured, "What the heck! I rarely spend money on myself, and have been saving my money for a while! I'll try all three!" (and I got an amazing deal on them - yay internet). I was going to get another, more expensive handmade rotary, but the machine I wanted ended up being unavailable, so I had a nice wad burning a hole in my pocket (and it's hard to beat a neotat at $270/machine!)

P.S. I was using a new ink today that was really gluey and ran my long stroke at 6.5. Went in nice.

elitexhunting
11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
i just orderd two of these! i hope they come in tomorrow! im excited, i used them before and loved them , thanx to the homie at fallen angel tattoo~! now these are totally tthe real deal!

phatmountain
11-22-2010, 06:45 AM
I am looking forward to visiting your shop. :) We have to chat about you doing a guestspot here in Newfoundland aswell.