PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone!

stigmatattoo
02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Hey peeps, Travis from Kentucky here. Just bought a Stealth Lite about 2 weeks ago and figured I would find somewhere I can gain knowledge. Only been brave enough to use it twice...lol...me and a friend. Look forward to hanging out here as often as I can!

inked
02-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Welcome Travis! feel free to post any questions , and join in the fun.

Alie K
02-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Hey peeps, Travis from Kentucky here. Just bought a Stealth Lite about 2 weeks ago and figured I would find somewhere I can gain knowledge. Only been brave enough to use it twice...lol...me and a friend. Look forward to hanging out here as often as I can!

You say you have a Stealth and a G7? Shouldn't be too much different. What do you think of the Stealth Lite? Is it completely made of plastic? Does it bounce around?

stigmatattoo
02-26-2011, 08:56 AM
The Lite is not too bad...just a little bit too light (no pun intended...lol) I like a liner to be a little heavier, but it is an insane shader and color packer! I wish I had a G7!...once I figure out how to get in to make better lines with the Stealth I will be good. I am trying to use the rotary for both instead of switching from coil to rotary to coil...etc.

The Limey
02-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi Travis, welcome to the forum!

You might find down the road that the stealth lite just doesn't work for you as a liner as sadly some machines just don't excel at everything which is why if you look under most members names you'll see that most have multiple machines for that very reason. Fear not though, if you find it doesn't work it doesn't mean you have to break the bank to find a suitable alternative.

stigmatattoo
02-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Yeah...Limey, I still rock the coils, and looking at getting 2 neotats soon, but I need to invest in a new power supply. I saw many threads on here for Eikon's and Criticals. I have a hurricane and a lab power supply. the hurricane sems choppy with my power when using the rotary. Also, does plugging your power supply into a power strip make any difference in performance? Thanks!

Rattus
02-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Yeah...Limey, I still rock the coils, and looking at getting 2 neotats soon, but I need to invest in a new power supply. I saw many threads on here for Eikon's and Criticals. I have a hurricane and a lab power supply. the hurricane sems choppy with my power when using the rotary. Also, does plugging your power supply into a power strip make any difference in performance? Thanks!

Welcome to the board.

The Hurricane is a Critical China Knock-off. I'm not surprised it's choppy.
A few years ago I bought a PSU setup (not a hurricane) from a company, turned out to be a knock-off and returned it the next day when every machine from nearly every outlet sputtered and I couldn't work for a few days.

stigmatattoo
02-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah... I figured rattus, I am gonna switch to my lab supply until I can afford the eikon or critical...does anyone know the answer to plugging the power supply into a a power strip first? does it cut power flow?

Rattus
02-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah... I figured rattus, I am gonna switch to my lab supply until I can afford the eikon or critical...does anyone know the answer to plugging the power supply into a a power strip first? does it cut power flow?

Plugging into a surge shouldn't effect flow. If you still have issues with other supplies or if others in the shop are, then there's a good chance it's the shops power. The shop I work in is old. The wiring sucks and I experienced power fluctuations with a couple different PSU's. I have all my electronics plugged into a Ground fault surge protector and a AC Line conditioner to even out the output from the wall.