PDA

View Full Version : halo look alike?

tatmandue
01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
So I found a knock off of the halo. Does any one on here own one of theses? If so I'd like to hear you opinion on how they run. From what I gather is that they are exact replicas of the halo(made from aircraft aluminum, Swiss made motors, three different stroke lengths,ect.) the only difference is the price tag of $100 vs $600 so I'm very tempted to purchase a few.attta

MickWrath
01-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Not only will you be wasting your money but you'll be supporting illegal patent infringement. You want a halo that runs like a halo then buy from Gaston. Mick-

Administrator
01-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Buying from a supplier that spells tattoo "tatoo" might be the first indication that you will be getting much less than you are bargaining for. I am pretty sure there is mention on here of gaston acquiring one of the knock offs of his own design and it not being even close to what he makes. Buying a few of these will likely only result in you not being nearly as happy as if you bought the original and i can tell house with certainty no one on this site will want to take one of these off your hands when you want to get rid of it.

Do a little searching on here using the term knock off lots of threads with friendly advice on smarter options to invest your money.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

darkness
01-27-2013, 08:21 PM
thats only cheap scrap ....that not nearly as running as the original, cheap inconsistent china motor with scrap springs and dampers ....
a original maxon motor cost around 70 $ , the aircraft aluminium 50 $ ... now springs and a lot mechanics so you have a price around 200 - 300 $
and now have to build all with quality .... you get what you pay :)

Zapp
01-27-2013, 08:58 PM
It a shame !!!!!

fkirons
01-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Crap crap crap. They may have 3D scanned all the parts and reversed to look alike. To put each Halo together it's an art itself. Each slider has to be fitted per machine. I can imagine what an under pay 11 years old from china can know about machine building. These people has copied every good rotary out there, yet you can compare the real thing to these knock offs.

This bullshit with copycatters needs to stop. It's unreal and aggravating.

serial1313
01-27-2013, 11:39 PM
You will definitely not gain & respect from anybody on this forum by buying cheap knock off's. The $100 that you would put towards an ill working knock off could go towards the real thing that can really help you in your work if used properly. The only thing the knock off's have in common w/ the real thing is that the look the same. If you used each one after the other you would easily be able to tell the difference.

vodu
01-28-2013, 12:19 AM
WTF! Really?

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2

wildboy
01-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Buy a Stealth thats a knock off thats accepted by most people...

If you want to buy a couple of Halo knock offs you should rather buy 1 original and support the builder that puts his time and money into the design so they will continue to come up with new designs to make our lives easier.

Roman HM tattoomachines
01-28-2013, 06:43 AM
100% sure it will no be even close to the halo.... this is just a cheap copy of the original machine !!!! the maxom motor itself must be a copy!
if you WANT a halo, BUY a halo , not a copy of the halo.
an easy example....... would you buy a fake rolex??? if you want a rolex that means you value quality , why buy a cheap fake rolex .......
i thought people were starting to get more educated on these issues.... i am surprised that this is even questioned here.....
Roman

boaz
01-28-2013, 07:20 AM
well roman it seems some slip the net and dont know any diffrent to come on here and ask about a fu.king clone.....aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr come on bud you should know better!!

Sage Oz
01-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Send me your money instead and I'll squeeze off a big crap in a box for you. It'll be the same thing except you'll get your crap a bit quicker...

Wonderland
01-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Eh go ahead and buy it. And when it runs like crap and tattoos even worse you will be less $100.00 that you could have used tword getting a better machine. You will find out that we are not supporters of rip off machines.

Eturnus
01-28-2013, 10:51 AM
if you buy a REAL halo and a ttech system you would a much better position. knock offs are the worst, when i started my apprenticeship i worked at a street shop and tried a rotary since i was a solid coil user. my mentor gave me a cheap dragonfly (fell apart when i was tattooing) and i stuck with my coils for much longer until i got my first pair of rapiers when i moved up to a better shop with better more respectable artists.

If I had to do it again i def would get a quality machine.

nivek
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
How do you expect someone that doesn't tattoo, doesn't understand what and how they are used to replicate something that was developed by someone who tattoos, has been making machines for years, spent some serious time designing and redesigning and refining it, and doesn't use cheap labour to assemble the machine.

Its like asking a Walmart mechanic to design a sportscar...

rollhard
01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
I would prefer that the forum took the approach of the many Watch collecting forums I belong to, no knock off, replicas, clones, etc, etc. just make that sort of posting off limits. See even by allowing this thread, it freely advertises for these people. helping them generate more money so they can afford to steal and profit further from the labors of others.

F

skinmech
01-28-2013, 12:47 PM
I would prefer that the forum took the approach of the many Watch collecting forums I belong to, no knock off, replicas, clones, etc, etc. just make that sort of posting off limits. See even by allowing this thread, it freely advertises for these people. helping them generate more money so they can afford to steal and profit further from the labors of others.

F

I gotta agree, it's like free advertising....Ok, none of us will be interested in purchasing knock-offs/clones/copies, however, throwing up threads like this will just generate interest,even if that wasn't the original intention.....There are other freely available forums,which discuss these "Machines", so I don't see the point of raising awareness on this forum..I used to "benchtest" originals v's copies, so I talk from experience...On "some" Coil Forums, it is very seldom that copies/clones are discussed, and if so, not in any great depth...Only saying,P.

arte
01-28-2013, 03:51 PM
I don’t think that we can ever stop them from copying the originals , there are just to many guys like tatmandue out there so there is some demand , but it is really stupid to believe that the only difference is the price , we know that they use cheap Chinese motors that have Swiss Made printed on them and all the parts and the frames are crap , how you can you expect something good for this price? Give your money to them and get what you deserve.

Administrator
01-28-2013, 04:00 PM

F

There is currently a rule in the classifies that you cannot sell knock offs on here. The politics of this are sticky and if most people just used search on here they would usually see multiple threads about why the clones are a bad idea. I am glad this was kept civil since the person who posted is still a little green. Not to mention there is a post somewhere on here where the flaws in the copy are explained.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

fkirons
01-28-2013, 06:44 PM
1 post, and its a post showing crispy clear photos of a knock off.... Also you are describing every component of the knock off...hmm are you perhaps advertising it? and BTW anyone with a bit of knowledge can tell that that motor is nothing more crap coming from a communist country lime china... Would appreciate if those photos are taken off, it makes me sick to my stomach...

johndameart
01-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Why do people keep posting more and more photos of chinese junk on here, and not only that, NOT RESPOND TO ANYMORE MESSAGES FROM THE POST? I think its being advertised. this needs to be deleted.

hellraiser6662
01-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Perhaps instead of taking the pics off there should be a thread showing knock offs and how poorly made they are, for isnt knowledge the key to this, vids as well showing them running bad, so people dont get dragged into buying a knockoff, lets not bury are heads in the sand about this, otherwise one day we might get bit on the arse. Education is paramount.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

JoeyJimz
01-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Why would you even post that? No disrespect but Machine building is alot of work. And quality hand made stuff is worth every penny. I personally would never buy a knock off yet alone advertise about it..Thats like porking fat bitches on the down low..Its that dirty secret you dont want your friends knowing about yet you do it??..So if your gonna use that kinda stuff keep it to your self lol..

Fatlad5
01-29-2013, 10:58 AM
The guy joined on Dec '12 has made one post and it was to ask about cheep chinese shit.....do you think we'll hear from him again?....I hope not

(Opted Out)
01-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Why would you even post that? No disrespect but Machine building is alot of work. And quality hand made stuff is worth every penny. I personally would never buy a knock off yet alone advertise about it..Thats like porking fat bitches on the down low..Its that dirty secret you dont want your friends knowing about yet you do it??..So if your gonna use that kinda stuff keep it to your self lol..

hahahaha thats a good comparison dude..

hellraiser6662
01-29-2013, 11:17 AM
That is why we need to educate people, and not just get on are high horses and shout people down. More education the people the more people get to know and it's going to help the apprentices, it won't work for the scratchers but on here we can do are bit so people know whats fake and crap. If machine builders stand by their machines for build quality then let's show and educate on a open part of the forum? Isnt this better than just saying crap knock offs and turning are backs, isnt it best to know your opponent than have them stab you in your back?

(Opted Out)
01-29-2013, 11:30 AM
That is why we need to educate people, and not just get on are high horses and shout people down. More education the people the more people get to know and it's going to help the apprentices, it won't work for the scratchers but on here we can do are bit so people know whats fake and crap. If machine builders stand by their machines for build quality then let's show and educate on a open part of the forum? Isnt this better than just saying crap knock offs and turning are backs, isnt it best to know your opponent than have them stab you in your back?

yeah its a good idea.

crwallace
04-30-2013, 03:51 AM
I don’t think that we can ever stop them from copying the originals , there are just to many guys like tatmandue out there so there is some demand , but it is really stupid to believe that the only difference is the price , we know that they use cheap Chinese motors that have Swiss Made printed on them and all the parts and the frames are crap , how you can you expect something good for this price? Give your money to them and get what you deserve.

What I cannot understand is how Ebay allows the auctions of counterfeit machines like yours. Isn't that directly against their policies? If a fake Omega or Rolex auction is posted - they are immediately removed, so why the hell are all those bullshit machine ones allowed to stay?

BTW My black Halo arrived today, got a 3.6mm stroke wheel to go with it and am so excited to tattoo tomorrow that I feel like a kid on Christmas. It looks like an incredible work of ingenuity. Thanks.

CR Wallace
A Psychic Unicorn, Kingston PA

nivek
04-30-2013, 02:25 PM
a co-worker got a fake as a "gift" it lasted two weeks before it broke (4 hours run time). He has tried my real Halos and since bought two LEGIT halos.

Don't waste your money ot time - get legit

serial1313
04-30-2013, 03:00 PM
I think you guys are giving too much credit to someone that is ignorant on the subject. Don't let somebody that is uneducated make you feel the need to spend $550 just because he isn't willing to yet. Hahah! I'm just kidding!