PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Gen 6

dpadgett
01-30-2013, 06:09 PM
My boss recently purchased an aluminum Swashdrive Gen 6 off ebay and for some reason its been making almost a fast ticking sound while under load. The noise seems to be coming from the top end of the machine, around the bearing. He uses it as a liner and runs it around 10 volts. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be? The perfomance seems to be unchanged, but the sound is driving him nuts.

eric03
01-30-2013, 11:04 PM
I had the same issue with my gen 6 n after taking it all apart , my noise seems to b coming from the motor. Other than sending it swash to look at the problem, u might need to get a new motor. Some forum members posted some suggestions on here.

Shawn
01-31-2013, 09:03 AM
Could be just the bearing. I would suggest replacing that first with a ceramic bearing and see how it does. That's way cheaper than replacing the motor.

evlink2006
01-31-2013, 09:24 AM
Drop a line in the swashdrive facebook group. Samyo and Tony are in there daily and could probably answer this officially.

dpadgett
01-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the input.

Samyo
02-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Drop a line in the swashdrive facebook group. Samyo and Tony are in there daily and could probably answer this officially.

Thanks EVL .. we do our best to be there daily .... I think we may be in the process of getting this sorted .... apart from checking everything is tight, it is difficult to diagnose without seeing it or having it in my hands .. they are a pretty reliable machine & there is only a handful of things that go wrong ... the gen6 has a couple of smaller bearings & it also depends what sort of Gen6 it is .. there was a change made halfway through that series ....

The other thing that might be of interest is we have just finished testing the prototype Gen8 & have been playing with the first production models ... they really rock & are going to make some folk pay attention ... the Gen8 will have a bigger motor and an adjustable give clip, that goes from feather soft to rock hard with a very simple mechanism. It also has a couple of other surprises but I will save that for the photos ...

Samyo
Swashdrive

Shawn
02-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Hell yeah! Ready for the gen8!

evlink2006
02-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Gen8 Gen8 Gen8!!!!

dpadgett
02-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Got it taken care of, Thanks again.