PDA

View Full Version : Stigma v2 problems

coilless
01-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Been using my bizarre stigmata v2 for about 10 months now, and am totally hooked on rotary. Just recently my v2 seems like the motor has lost power. Tried replacing both the RCA cord and new foot switch, both are made by eikon, and plug into the ems 400. It feels like the shaft is sticking. You can hear the motor fighting some resistance, if I bump the shaft it will run, but on longer sittings, it seems like the voltage as to be increased to get the same effects. I am quite religious on greasing of it. Wondering if anyone has had similar problems, or if they are possibly diagnosable symptoms. Any help is much appreciated

Eturnus
01-31-2013, 06:51 PM
post up a video.

inkbytom
02-22-2013, 10:53 PM
mine is doing the same thing.... not liking it ,

tat2bert
02-23-2013, 05:57 AM
I've had 2 V2's and 1 did the same after few months of using them. Even bought 2 V3's but there were so much difference in how the motors ran I couldn't stand it. Emailed Stigma customer service on the V3's and they told me I must have dropped one or damaged in shipping... (didn't drop it)????... I have since moved on. I rum Dan Kubin mini crankers and swashdrive whips. Don't miss the Stigmas at all and will never buy another. The Kubins are the best machines I've ever used in my 20yrs tattooing. Kubins for lines and color packing, whips for blending and shading. Perfect combo... My advice. Get rid of the Stigmas

vodu
02-23-2013, 05:42 PM
NO! I like mine! Lol

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2

serial1313
02-23-2013, 05:52 PM
NO! I like mine! Lol

Enviado de meu GT-I9100 usando o Tapatalk 2 I was going to say, you can always sell them to me.

Tattoo
03-15-2013, 07:35 AM
I've had 2 V2's and 1 did the same after few months of using them. Even bought 2 V3's but there were so much difference in how the motors ran I couldn't stand it. Emailed Stigma customer service on the V3's and they told me I must have dropped one or damaged in shipping... (didn't drop it)????... I have since moved on. I rum Dan Kubin mini crankers and swashdrive whips. Don't miss the Stigmas at all and will never buy another. The Kubins are the best machines I've ever used in my 20yrs tattooing. Kubins for lines and color packing, whips for blending and shading. Perfect combo... My advice. Get rid of the Stigmas

i have the same probl. Stigma sells the bizarre no longer. i think because there are to much clones on the market. does anyone knows which maxon motor have to be in this mashine? I bought my one as original with all original stuff but sometime i think the motor couldn't be a original

OwlsDen
03-15-2013, 07:59 AM
i have the same probl. Stigma sells the bizarre no longer. i think because there are to much clones on the market. does anyone knows which maxon motor have to be in this mashine? I bought my one as original with all original stuff but sometime i think the motor couldn't be a original

If the bottom of the tube vice doesn't have a number, then it isn't real. All the Stigmas I have ever seen have a production number.

Hip hop robot tattoo
03-15-2013, 12:44 PM
If the slide moved easily, that's probably not it........
I may try a new bearing? I have had nothing but great things to say about stigma.....
I sure hope they don't accuse people of dropping their machines.... Personally I always set up over my tray.... Inches above, that way if it does drop, it falls a few inches into paper towels.
if I where accused of dropping a machine, versus just fixing it, apologizing for the inconvience, and fix it....
I may not buy another machine from that company either..... For me that's like accusing me of cheating on my wife...
I take my machines seriously, and they all stay in their little padded boxes. Inside a old padded projector case.....

and please post a video!!! Their are guys on here that really know their shit......

Tattoo
03-16-2013, 07:55 AM
yes the frame has a number i know that is a original . but i baught this mashine used from a other tattoo studio and i dont know if the artist before me change the motor ;)
Everybody knows that it is the heard of the gun an that thing what it is expensive.

hellraiser6662
03-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Sounds like the motors on its way out just send it back to them for a service, the forms are on there site, let them sort it out. Someone else had problems on here and Mr stigma just sead send it back and they service it for a small fee. Easy. Not worth worrying about.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Scottystyles
03-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Sorry this is a long one, so get comfortable...

I own 3 Bizarre V2's. 2 purchased at the same time, and another a week later. I have had problems with all 3 within 3 months of buying them. And yes stupid me did so only to find out after they were being discontinued.

The problems i had were the motor slowing down and over heating was the same on all. Even to the point where they stopped whilst tattooing.

The first time it happened was on the second tattoo I used it on. Contacted the seller and they palmed me off to Stigma.

Contacted Stigma and they to made accusations I somehow did something to the machine. The first problems I had was within a week of purchase.

After arguing that I believed the machine should be outright replaced. I then was told the piston would need replacement and i need to strip the machine to investigate it. And to be honest why the F should I have to do that on a brand new machine. In Australia I believe if I did this my warranty would be scratched. After all great coil builders like Aaron Cain (whom i own many of his machines) say if its been altered or abused the warranty is scratched.

I ended up sending the machine back to stigma after stripping it as I could not find the problem. Stigma did however tell me what exactly to do and check for. To me when I checked the piston movement it seemed fine. The machine was fixed (apparently he piston needed replacing) shipped and returned in a month. This was quicker because I paid for express shipping that was traceable.

Shipping this machine to me is a further gamble, if it was lost or damaged in transit I could in no way be compensated. Mostly because stigma told me I must put that the machine has no commercial value. The shipping from Australia cost me $60.

Once the machine was fixed my options where to have it shipped free from stigma by dodgy shipping with no tracking or any value, or pay $30 for UPS shipping. I of course to protect my investment spent $30 on UPS shipping to try and guarantee its trackable return.

So basically, after owning a B V2 for one week costs me a further $90 ($100AU) and grief because I purchased a faulty machine and somehow made out it was my fault.

The next killer was before that machine returned I had my other two start to do the same thing!! So, rather than pay more shipping money I decide to agree to be sent new pistons.

When the pistons arrived I changed them both out, following the exact instructions from stigma. They also told me to use the hex key shipped with the pistons to remove the armature pin. They shipped the wrong key BTW.

The first one I replaced worked fine after fixing, but still had slight motor speed changes noticeable from sound. The second I fixed had the same problem as before I fixed it (well.. Not successfully). I then tried 5 more times to fix it.

So now as it stands the only option I have left is to ship it back to stigma. Again this will cost me another $90 (actually its $100AU). I am now in a position that do I run and tattoo with the one I fixed to make sure it doesn't F up. If it turns out fine then just ship the one machine. Or just ship them both anyway.

To add to the mix, my last correspondence to Stigma they actually admit that about 150 pistons were made with a Bee's dick mm bigger which could only be noticed after the machine has been run for sometime. This to me sounds like the product should be replaced outright from manufacture fault. I could cut and paste this email if need be for people to view.

So, I'm getting sore fingers from typing now. But I do want to say I have also 3 hyper V3's and I love them!
But my Bizarre's... F me! What a nightmare!

I also would like to say the Spektra halo rocks for outlining! And I have two. But one is bogging down a bit on large jobs and is needing more power. It also sounds a little slower than my other when run unloaded. After reading a post by FK Irons I believe sending it back will be a must. But this is also going to cost me. Regretfully this is also is potentially another Stigma scenario as the Spektra Halo is only 3 weeks old.

Sorry for the long post but I had to get it off my chest, and perhaps I'm just having a shit run with some of my Rotaries, but on the same hand totally enjoying tattooing with them (my good working machines).

hellraiser6662
03-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Well it dont sound like good service, I think machine builders should start to stand by these expensive machines we are buying, I can't fault the service I got from sunskin over my primus, they sorted the courier both ways all I had to do is pack it up in its box. Came back a less than a few weeks later fixed. Easy. But it might be a little different if I lived in the USA but I live in England and sunskins in Italy.

tattood
03-16-2013, 04:18 PM
the above mentioned is why i have not bought a high end machine, although i am in the market for one now. i feel really confident in my machines when the builders are my friends on facebook.lol.... and i get a quick response on any question i have..

Scottystyles
03-17-2013, 05:36 AM
They should indeed stand by their product. Tattooers should not have to pay $600 for a faulty machine and further be out of pocket to make it right.

I guess with coils if you don't like the tune/speed/geometry etc, some things can be changed. You could rebuild it if its your own project (the beauty of a coil machine) Or just sell it to someone who does like it if understanding your tools is not your cup of tea (as I have met tattooers who don't understand their tools).

If a rotary that isn't running properly from the time it arrives, the tattooer should not have to suffer. Plus who is going to buy a shit running rotary.

Parts that are replaceable or subject to wear and tear or parts that should be lubricated from use over time (50hrs etc) that are neglected I can totally understand a builder blaming the artist.

Builders definitely should back there product and quit the "my product is so good because such and such artist uses it" and "our product is flawless" shit, and get of their high horse of ego and money grabbing and be humble enough to realise that nothing on this earth is perfect, and can go wrong and if it does back it 100%. And if it is within a limited time frame from purchase, the purchaser should not be made out to be a fool or be maybe to pay further.

End of story!

hellraiser6662
03-17-2013, 10:50 AM
They should indeed stand by their product. Tattooers should not have to pay $600 for a faulty machine and further be out of pocket to make it right.

I guess with coils if you don't like the tune/speed/geometry etc, some things can be changed. You could rebuild it if its your own project (the beauty of a coil machine) Or just sell it to someone who does like it if understanding your tools is not your cup of tea (as I have met tattooers who don't understand their tools).

If a rotary that isn't running properly from the time it arrives, the tattooer should not have to suffer. Plus who is going to buy a shit running rotary.

Parts that are replaceable or subject to wear and tear or parts that should be lubricated from use over time (50hrs etc) that are neglected I can totally understand a builder blaming the artist.

Builders definitely should back there product and quit the "my product is so good because such and such artist uses it" and "our product is flawless" shit, and get of their high horse of ego and money grabbing and be humble enough to realise that nothing on this earth is perfect, and can go wrong and if it does back it 100%. And if it is within a limited time frame from purchase, the purchaser should not be made out to be a fool or be maybe to pay further.

End of story!

I agree, when you pay 400 pounds for a high end machine, you should get good services at least for 12 months no questions asked. You do on everything else we buy.

Scottystyles
03-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Straight up!!