PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Motor City

rjdadio
02-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Hey there, I'm at the Detroit show this weekend having fun. The show is very busy with an absolutely amazing group of artists showing their magic. The show has been very good for us with a whole bunch of new NeoTat artists enjoying their new machines.

Phil Garcia did this amazing tree frog on Friday....sorry the picture does not give the artwork it's due credit. The whole place was going on about the frog being the tattoo of the day, but I guess that jinked the frog because the judges thought differently. one of the judges came over to Phil and said it was the best to him.

And Ryan Hadley did this black and gray on Saturday. It was second place for tattoo of the day against a piece that was worked on yesterday and finished up Saturday. What is "tattoo of the day?" Silly me....but I thought it was done in the same day....right?
Oh well, the judges have the last word and that's it. My opinion......it was beautiful!

Alie K
02-27-2011, 01:02 PM
That frog IS amazing. Maybe Phil had won so many other awards, that they wanted to give someone else some notariety?

At one shop I worked, the owner simply liked collecting trophies. He'd go to this one particular small-time convention and do just that. When you are better than a bunch of kitchen wizards, it's easy to clean up. He was getting all the trophies until the judges decided to give one or two to other people instead. Talk about a spoiled brat losing his $hit!

Nice to hear that you you did well at the convention yourself, Ray! Who wouldn't be happy with their new neotat!?

The Limey
02-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Both Tattoo's are amazing but the frog... wow, it looks like a photo not a tattoo. Glad to hear you are having fun and even more importantly that sales are good Ray, although I'm biased as now I own a Neotat I understand why :cool:

merky
02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
phils frog is crazy good. If he didnt win this one he,ll just work twice as hard to win next time....I have asked him to join the forum ...so hope to see him on here. Ray i caint wait for my pink neo tatt ....

Alie K
02-27-2011, 03:05 PM
phils frog is crazy good. If he didnt win this one he,ll just work twice as hard to win next time....I have asked him to join the forum ...so hope to see him on here. Ray i caint wait for my pink neo tatt ....

My pink Neotat is one of my favorite colors! I'm really hoping that someday he can someday make

Mallard Green (all-time favorite color)
http://i54.tinypic.com/qx1amt.jpg

or a deep Burgundy
http://i52.tinypic.com/iml7hx.jpg

slicksteel
02-27-2011, 06:02 PM
both nice colors!

slicksteel
02-27-2011, 06:06 PM
:DI see those neotats working majic althoe its also alot of talented artists that eat breath and sleep tattoo to!

merky
02-27-2011, 08:00 PM
phil won best of show and is on the plane and has no idea he won......when he lands he will be stoked....

rjdadio
02-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Well, That is very cool! That frog IS amazing!! You really need to view it in the flesh because the picture does not do it.......the shape of the leg makes it look real and ready to jump off.

rjdadio
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Sales were very good! My bag weighed 52 pounds and only had minimal clothes for the weekend.....and sold everything I had! And I asked people to wait til wednesday or so to call and order......do you think they listen? nope.....the phone was off the hook today. Karen has been on the phone all day and I wasn't there because I could not come in...... It really sucks that I get back into town and then get sick again. Guess it's better than on the plane......because I would have been one stinky mofo! with the trots and all..... they would have thrown me off!