PDA

View Full Version : Hyper v3 or Dragonfly or Halo

crabink
02-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Really looking for a really soft machine that can do black and grey, powder shading, portrait work and blending.
Based on your experience using these machines what falls into this category, I am really hoping for feed back.

serial1313
02-11-2013, 05:51 PM
I think that you have narrowed it down to the 3 machines that you want, & YOU know the answer on which one that you really want to buy. All 3 of these machines will do what you want. It will just come down to which one works the best for you. I think your best bet is to take the plunge & buy the one you really want & use it,learn it & if you aren't completely satisfied w/ the one that you bought after 50 hours or so, post it for trade or sale & go for the next on your list. That is pretty much what everybody on this forum does, until they settle on machines that work for them or a new comes out & the it starts all over again. Hahaha

(Opted Out)
02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I think that you have narrowed it down to the 3 machines that you want, & YOU know the answer on which one that you really want to buy. All 3 of these machines will do what you want. It will just come down to which one works the best for you. I think your best bet is to take the plunge & buy the one you really want & use it,learn it & if you aren't completely satisfied w/ the one that you bought after 50 hours or so, post it for trade or sale & go for the next on your list. That is pretty much what everybody on this forum does, until they settle on machines that work for them or a new comes out & the it starts all over again. Hahaha

Haha so true! " I have found the best machine set up ever" 6 months later only 1 machine from that setup survives! Haha

tatu richie
02-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Ive had all thats ur asking about and lets just say i still have my halos. Ive had the v2 and v3 and i let the v3 go first.

artoftatt2
02-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Hyper v3 has great give and good power.. Stroke is adjustable with voltage and give.. Dragonfly was too underpowered for me.. Halos are great for color blending but the give on the other two is more noticeable...

rollhard
02-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Based off my limited experience I would have to suggest the dragonfly since u
mention super soft B&G. Over all it's a great machine but it really shines when doing
B&G. I also find the hyper to be a excellent machine and as of right now it's my go
to machine over all three mentioned. For some reason I'm having trouble getting
used to the halo
F

crabink
02-12-2013, 01:37 AM
Some very good feed back.... I think I am going with the v3 .... thanks guys.. will rock some pieces and post em when i get it... peece

hellraiser6662
02-12-2013, 03:23 AM
For my bng and I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here, hm Santa marina, and the og hawk with large t-tech needles27 mags nice,

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

MickWrath
02-12-2013, 06:22 AM
For black and grey the 2.5 or 3.2 halo, give screwed in (depending on your hand speed) or the v3 with the give screwed all the way in and your needle hang pulled in to about 2-2.5mm. Like mentioned the dragonfly engine is a little on the anorexic side. Both the halo and V3 will do amazing jobs