PDA

View Full Version : honest crit wanted

Hell_is_emptY
02-13-2013, 09:00 PM
hey iv lurked this forum for awhile but never posted, i know theres some serious talent here so i was always a little nervous to post, im wanting jus a little advice. iv been tattooing for 7 years now and just wondering wether im heading in the right direction or not, all work here is done with rotaryworks, dragonfly's and stealths, thanks in advance.

crabink
02-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Don't quit your day job...because if your day job is tattooing your doing alright lol... my advice would that now you know you can tattoo professionally you should start to push out convention level pieces and get out of the comfort zone and see what your really made of... start moving in the direction you want to go, instead of letting walk-ins and magazines dictate your next tattoo.... grab a couple ghost white freaks and blast em up for cheap if you have to..
Because there is a saying that I live by.
"You're only as good as your portfolio and the machines you use, nothing else matters."

serial1313
02-13-2013, 09:09 PM
I think you definitely know how to tattoo. The owl is real nice & clean. The Exorcist portrait I think would hold up over time better if it had a lot less white. Also you need to study how to hair, that hair is rough.

Hell_is_emptY
02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
thank you both for the feedback, crabink yeh the studio i work at is a very walk-in style street shop, i would definitely love to have more freedom with what i tattoo, that is great advice you've given me, its easy to get comfortable with just doing day to day flash i think and that isnt really who i wanna be.
thanks for the honest crit serial, i was never happy with the hair on the exorcist, i will definitely take your advice.

serial1313
02-13-2013, 09:46 PM
Just remember that all those walk ins & flash work got you to where you are today. You can work @ a walk in shop & still do great pieces & challenge yourself. That is up to you to push yourself though.

Hell_is_emptY
02-13-2013, 10:02 PM
yeh i definitely had to learn fast as the studio i work at is very busy, im grateful i was given a shot in the first place, thanks again man

evlink2006
02-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Stuff looks solid. I think your at the point where you need to work around artists better than you. Its working daily up next to someone who can really tattoo that you will make the biggest strides.

Hell_is_emptY
02-14-2013, 07:28 AM
thanks man, yeh i work lates at my studio so its just me on my own, i kinda like it tho as i feel i can concentrate more, i get what you're saying though.