PDA

View Full Version : Neotat purchase

tattood
02-14-2013, 07:31 PM
I was checking out ebay and BAM a 4.2 vivace for $220. i was on my bike and to the bank to transfer funds and back to order with in minutes.lol.. i think im addicted to these things.lol;)

serial1313
02-14-2013, 07:42 PM
You got lucky on that one, that is a real nice machine.

tattood
02-14-2013, 07:48 PM
thank you man.. one thing i have learned is, if these machines are maintained properly they hold there value, or if i dont like it i can always trade and try something new

Administrator
02-14-2013, 08:13 PM
What color did you score?

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

tattood
02-14-2013, 08:55 PM
all black. i think mick wraths favorite.lol. im on this forum entirely to much

Administrator
02-14-2013, 09:29 PM
all black. i think mick wraths favorite.lol. im on this forum entirely to much

If you obsess over it there is a forum for it.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

joelhague
02-15-2013, 12:42 AM
all black is the way to go im with mick on that one haha! black machine make me tattoo better, SERIOUSLY! ;) but actually all the color machines went out the door , i like the uniform look they all have together now even tho they are all different machines. good score on the 4.2 vivace that would be my first choice for a neo if i still used them

MickWrath
02-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Haha hockey pucks make you appreciate black machines trust me lol. Great score homie!!

Lynn mcnew
02-15-2013, 08:28 AM
Love my vivaces !! You got a great deal man. I have one in every stroke(:

tattood
02-15-2013, 11:35 AM
I have a question if any one can answer it wood be appreciated. I had a neotat 2.5 stroke and i didnt like it at all i think i was hanging to much needle but it slowed me down quite a bit, and had no luck lining with it. I have been using rotaries with a 3.5+ stroke and love them. Any advice on the 4.2 neo tatt. Can it line without having to change my technique? and can it do black and grey if so is it best to ride the tube for it? any input wood be great

serial1313
02-15-2013, 12:26 PM
That 2.5 would have been ideal for B&G. The 4.2 will be ideal for lining. The 3.5 is good for coloring & color blending.

Sage Oz
02-15-2013, 12:57 PM
That 2.5 would have been ideal for B&G. The 4.2 will be ideal for lining. The 3.5 is good for coloring & color blending.

Rotary machines 101

tattood
02-15-2013, 12:57 PM
yeah i dont know what it was but the 2.5 i had to ride the tube to get a good shade and in turn ink was puddled everywhere constantly dipping and wiping. Then when i hung the needle 2.0-3 mm i got no saturation. It seemed i had to adjust how i worked to the machine rather than the machine working for me. then i traded for a RW and it just worked no if ands or butts. again it was more than likely on me why it didnt work as i see many love the 2.5. but dam that whole riding the tube and gliding the tube across the skins was new to me and didn't like it

tattood
02-15-2013, 01:00 PM

i actually know pretty much all of this as i spend countless hours on this forum.lol.. but i do know those are basic guidelines to go by and many use a 4.2 to get the b and g and was curious what technique achieves a smooth gradation. also i have a springer set up with no give and dale told me that was a 2.5mm when used like that, however it works great for me. could it be the neo tat motor just didnt have the torque i was looking for

serial1313
02-15-2013, 02:07 PM
i actually know pretty much all of this as i spend countless hours on this forum.lol.. but i do know those are basic guidelines to go by and many use a 4.2 to get the b and g and was curious what technique achieves a smooth gradation. also i have a springer set up with no give and dale told me that was a 2.5mm when used like that, however it works great for me. could it be the neo tat motor just didnt have the torque i was looking for Maybe so, or it could be that it takes a different hand technique to get that particular machine to give you the desired effect.

MickWrath
02-16-2013, 12:34 AM
You may need something with give brother. No give doesn't work for everyone. It's so hard to say. Like serial said it could be handspeed motion technique...too many variables without seeing you tattoo. Just keep trying different styles of machines until you find yours. Mick!

tattood
02-16-2013, 11:39 AM
You may need something with give brother. No give doesn't work for everyone. It's so hard to say. Like serial said it could be handspeed motion technique...too many variables without seeing you tattoo. Just keep trying different styles of machines until you find yours. Mick!

thank you for the encouragement and i am in the process of serious trial and error with machines :) and i think your right im finding i need just a little give not much when it comes to black and grey.

tattood
02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
really exited should have the neotat today as well as the rotary works ID.

tattood
02-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I thought id show this bad boy off. didnt know what to expect as i got it on Ebay. To my surprise like new condition came with everything as you can see in picture. I gots to brag.lol..

skinmech
02-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Looks like a cool deal....There isn't a Menu for Machines as we all know, I rock the Triple, the ID, a Triple Brass DDO, and all the rest of my collection are Coils....The ID, will hit as soft as you need it to....It's Simple, don't Conform, Perform..:)

tattood
02-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Looks like a cool deal....There isn't a Menu for Machines as we all know, I rock the Triple, the ID, a Triple Brass DDO, and all the rest of my collection are Coils....The ID, will hit as soft as you need it to....It's Simple, don't Conform, Perform..:)

Im waiting on the I.D. right now .lol