PDA

View Full Version : considering modifying blitz

brianvia
02-16-2013, 08:03 PM
i got a blitz in a trade and i really like how it runs, however i am not a fan that it doesnt have a spring that return the amateur bar (not sure if thats what its called on a rotary) back to the up position. its really bothersome that when i take my foot off the pedal my needle is hanging out of the tube.... i have a drill press and am debating adding a spring similar to how my neotat has.... does anyone see an issue in doing this? any advice on why this would or wouldnt work would be helpful...thanks

nivek
02-16-2013, 08:32 PM
it would all depend on whats at the base you may have to drill two holes - one shallow as a pilot and one in the actual cam. Or else you risk the spring popping out.

tattood
02-16-2013, 08:43 PM
there is a thread about this were someone did just this to the blitz and if my memory serves me correct used a neo spring i have no idea what section it wood be in but it is there :)

tattood
02-16-2013, 08:44 PM
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/7066-Blitz-rotary?highlight=blitz

there you go homie :)

serial1313
02-16-2013, 09:01 PM
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/7066-Blitz-rotary?highlight=blitz

there you go homie :) That thread just talks about using the Blitz for B&G. I didn't see where it talked about modifying it @ all.

tattood
02-16-2013, 09:14 PM
start at around 7v and work you way up.
Also if you want it whisper quiet with a much smoother action like the bishops,neos,impacts you can take off the slide and drill a small hole in the center bottom of it and and a small dimple in the frame channel-a small spring will go in there between the two.
You can get them from bishop etc. A harder spring has less needle time in the skin and faster return for lining and a softer one for shade/color which keeps the needles in the skin more with helps with healing and saturation.

tattood
02-16-2013, 09:15 PM
2nd post down

serial1313
02-16-2013, 09:30 PM
2nd post downMy bad, I guess I was scanning too fast. Sorry.

brianvia
02-17-2013, 12:19 AM
thanks guys that was the reinsurance i needed to try this... figured there wouldnt be an issue but better safe than sorry..