PDA

View Full Version : Big Brass Ass Bodied MOFO, DDOooooooooh..

skinmech
02-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Firstly don’t Hate the Weight,LOL..You will either like this or might be scared of it, it’s okay, it is pretty intimidating looking, it kind of has that Victorian Medical Instrument look about it...As most people on here know, I run the Triple Brass DDO, and a Vintage DDO both built by directDRIVE aka David Scott...He contacted me last week, told me he had a Brass Grip for me, ok, then he added, it is Solid Brass from a 32mm Bar, and it has been drilled “off-centre”..yep solid Brass, all 315gms, added to what I think is still the best looking and performing vfm DDO Rotary available,which weighs 235gms and we have a total of 550gms......I know what people are thinking, Rotaries are getting lighter, as are the Grips, why make something like this.....Simple, because he can....As I said, not all people will like this, but, look at the picture, you will see the balance is perfect (Pic 4)...As we slowly turn to Plastic and Composite, it is refreshing to see that there is still some crazy shit being built..The Grip takes standard Back stem and Tips, both held in place with grub screws, as I said it is a 32mm or 1 ¼ inches...Feels , naturally very robust and surprisingly comfortable....I don’t know if it is going into production as yet, but, I just thought I would let you Guys see it..P.

OwlsDen
02-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Victorian medical device really nails it. It is beautiful.

Sage Oz
02-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Very nice! I bet with all that weight it must be vibration free and hella silent

skinmech
02-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Probs the quietest machine I have ever came across....I will upload a video tomorrow..

skinmech
02-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Sorry for the shit quality Video, I don't know what happened on the upload.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DXManp82Uow

directDRIVE
02-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Oooooo!!! Look! I'm on TV :o well, youtube ;)