PDA

View Full Version : HM adjustable Direct Drive Review Part 2

MickWrath
02-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Here's for those of you worried about a 5.5mm stroke and tube stem clearance from the rotation of a standard needlebar. The top left picture depicts the 5.5mm stroke set. Top right shows a Morphix Humboldt grip with disposable tube stem as well as a Next Generation bomb grip with a Dridgenberg tip. The bottom pictures shows the in motion spin and the needlebar having very good clearance from both disposable and steel tube stem walls. The only potential issue I may see is if your setups include extremely long tube stems that require you to have the back of the tube stem close to the excenter post, however if this is the case you would be running into trouble placing elastics as well so obviously it would be an incorrect setup and not a fault of the machine. I would also like to add this setup was for photos only I would never bare hand a setup even with clean hands! NO GLOVE NO LOVE haha, Mick!

Administrator
02-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks for that. That also confirms it will fit goodluck irons tubes in length.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

elbo
02-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Here's for those of you worried about a 5.5mm stroke and tube stem clearance from the rotation of a standard needlebar. The top left picture depicts the 5.5mm stroke set. Top right shows a Morphix Humboldt grip with disposable tube stem as well as a Next Generation bomb grip with a Dridgenberg tip. The bottom pictures shows the in motion spin and the needlebar having very good clearance from both disposable and steel tube stem walls. The only potential issue I may see is if your setups include extremely long tube stems that require you to have the back of the tube stem close to the excenter post, however if this is the case you would be running into trouble placing elastics as well so obviously it would be an incorrect setup and not a fault of the machine. I would also like to add this setup was for photos only I would never bare hand a setup even with clean hands! NO GLOVE NO LOVE haha, Mick!

Nice one...thanks for taking the time to post that...

MickWrath
02-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Anytime. ;-) Mick!