PDA

View Full Version : Halo vs ego

Jdrake89
02-27-2013, 10:35 AM
I need help making a decision between the halo and the ego I wanna know pros and cons about both machines before I make any final decision HELP PLEASE!!!!

Sage Oz
02-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Plastic<aircraft aluminum

serial1313
02-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Plastic<aircraft aluminum The Halo is autoclavable, you can change the motorbolt (which from what I understand will also be the drive motor for their next machine), you can change the stroke by buying one of 4 $25 stroke wheels, it's not too light. Those are my main reasons.

Sage Oz
02-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah I just offered one of the many reasons lol. Not to knock the Ego's ego, I haven't even tried one yet and though I'm sure it works well, there's too many negatives for me to want to invest in one.

serial1313
02-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Same thing here, I have never tried an EGO either. I didn't mean it to knock what you were saying, I was meaning to add to what you said.

artoftatt2
02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Biggest difference performance wise is that the ego has a larger range of give options as the halo only has a small range of give.. The plastic doesn't bother me at all .. And I have had no problems with my egos or my halos..

JohnnyChaos
02-27-2013, 03:13 PM
For me I found the ego to have too much vibration with disposables and didn't like the noise. Although I did like the shape of it and position of RCA socket. It pushed the ttech system fine and the give worked.

The only down side to the halo is its almost twice the price.

MickWrath
02-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Seems like the main things that people don't care for on the ego is the vice because you have to install a nut or use your finger to hold the screw in place and the noise/vibration. The main things people don't like about the Halo is the price and the vibration over 8volts. I'm gonna say get one of each, try em both and sell or trade off the one you like less and get a second of the one you fancy. I need one more whip and then it's ego time for me. I have 4 halos, and will probably buy 2 egos when I make my order. To me there's room for many things...the more options you have at hand the less you have to compromise when working to achieve specific results. Mick-

Barren
02-27-2013, 03:33 PM
i run both, and love both the price point on the ego is great if you dont mind the plastic, honestly i would try and get hands on with both, do you want the machine for any specific use?

(Opted Out)
02-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Ego is a monster liner! And its a powerfull motor good for colour too, but by far the noisyest rotary i have ever heard!!! Almost coil loud! I think the halo would be more precision.. the ego is loud but effective..

Jdrake89
02-27-2013, 05:10 PM
I run a bishop and a whip I'm for sure going to get the new stingray just indecisive if I wanna get a halo or an ego at this moment but for sure wanna own them all

DrewsJumpingShip
03-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Hey JDrake, does Red work at your shop? I am actually from Des Moines, used to work at BigFoot Tattoo with laddy and bacon. As far as your question goes I haven't had any time with the ego yet, but my spektra has been my daily driver for the last few months and it's a solid machine. Using up to 14r's it pulls single pass lines for me and packs without a problem.

crabink
03-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Ego needs to be aluminum ... halo is way better....not even a question.. hence the price.. especially if u use steel tubes...plastic on plastic is ok.. but not metal on plastic

fkirons
03-01-2013, 09:22 PM
We found that couple of the first Halos used to vibrate because the slider ran a bit lose in some. We remade sliders and all halos since 3 months ago do not vibrate like some used to. We got rid of most of the residual vibration without compromising the incredible torque that the Halo has. Also, with the introduction of the Magic lube most issues were sorted out.

All Spektra machines shipping these days have a dramatic improve of performance.

3.2 and 3.6mm wil do it all. Yes You can line with the Halo better than ever before.

It also can nit really soft, all you need to do is to clip a few loops of the rear spring if you feel it hits too hard.
We will also have a spring kit coming up for users to chose the ones they like.

We are almost out of Halos until next production run so what's on the site, is what's there is.

If any of you have a Spektra with lose slider we will refit and ship back to you in the USA for just $30 bucks regardless who you got the machine from.
Simply fill out this form http://www.fkirons.com/shop/service-your-machine and stick the cash in the box when sending. Make sure to make a note regarding this post.
In fact I'm starting a new thread :)

MickWrath
03-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Never had any issues with any of mine homie even at 8.5 volts with ttech she's smooth as butta! The only variation I have is in the finish, my older halos have more of a satin finish and my newer ones have more gloss but I dig it that way it helps me narrow down what motor is in what machine being that I love dem black ho's so much hahahaha.

fkirons
03-02-2013, 03:41 AM
Never had any issues with any of mine homie even at 8.5 volts with ttech she's smooth as butta! The only variation I have is in the finish, my older halos have more of a satin finish and my newer ones have more gloss but I dig it that way it helps me narrow down what motor is in what machine being that I love dem black ho's so much hahahaha.
Mick you are quiet of a Halo addict :p

MR-NME
03-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Haven't tried the ego yet? My partners are interested but I jus ordered 3 more halos:) that makes 5- spektras customer service is by far the best I have come across for any rotaries! Any problems will be ironed out in no time- that's worth it's weight in gold to me- I never had so much control outlining with threes- i like the 3.2 for threes- as I get to a larger liner grouping I'm still working on that? Any feedback on that would be great- ex- stroke length-- volts - give -needle hang-

Shawn
03-20-2013, 11:23 AM
I prefer my halo over my ego. My Halo has a broader range of give than the ego ever thought to have. Don't get me wrong the ego has its own attributes. Ego just wasn't for me.