PDA

View Full Version : Hey - loving the rotary forums!

Inkstasy
03-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Hi All.
I'm Kinjal - Stumbled on here doing a search for something to do with rotaries and signed up right away.
Glad to see such an interest by like-minded individuals. I have the utmost respect for traditional coils (I have a few FK Pyro's that I love) but I think rotaries are for me! I'm hooked.
Been using my 2 Swashdrive G7's since they came out for a while now and loving them.
Also picked up a Cheyenne Hawk which is pretty cool, just getting used to it.
Just received a Stigma Fly too but i'm having issues with it which I'll post elsewhere.
Oh and I ordered a Dragonfly shortstroke for soft B&G shading - waiting waiting waiting!
Peace!

Inkstasy
03-04-2011, 12:16 AM
As you can see I'm addicted.

The Limey
03-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Welcome to the forum Kinjal... they are plenty of like minded addicts here so I'm sure you'll find yourself at home!

rjdadio
03-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Welcome aboard!

merky
03-04-2011, 02:18 AM
welcome

FRANCO VESCOVI
03-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Hi All.
I'm Kinjal - Stumbled on here doing a search for something to do with rotaries and signed up right away.
Glad to see such an interest by like-minded individuals.

Oh
Is it just me, or does being a rotary head sometimes feel like a secret religion that is only accepted by a few and those few know the benefits and wish to convert all the coil-tillians!! kinda kool i think!

The Limey
03-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Is it just me, or does being a rotary head sometimes feel like a secret religion that is only accepted by a few and those few know the benefits and wish to convert all the coil-tillians!! kinda kool i think!

No its not just you Franco, I've been on a quest for years to get people to come to the "Dark Side" and I'm pretty sure it was Alie told me that when she mentioned rotaries most people looked at her like she had 3 boobs! (And if it wasn't you Alie... Sorry!)

Administrator
03-05-2011, 09:09 AM
This forum was partially born out of the "just looked at me like I had three tits" thing and a need to find other elusive three boob tattooers. Not so much in the interest of proselytizing but more community and the buddy system, strength in numbers.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/483157276_ab87317114.jpg

Inkstasy
03-05-2011, 03:18 PM
This forum was partially born out of the "just looked at me like I had three tits" thing and a need to find other elusive three boob tattooers. Not so much in the interest of proselytizing but more community and the buddy system, strength in numbers.
]

That's exactly what attracted me here!
I learned from a guy who's been tattooing for 25+ years and has his way of doing things. He never discouraged me from finding out new things though and being fairly new to tattooing I have no traditional coil hangups so I've been experimenting with what works for me.
I had to find out everything on my own through trial and error (and dropping a bit of cash!!).
I tried the pneuma's for a while which were cool for smooth blends and fine-lining (I'm a sculptor) but too slow for me for fills etc. - also went with FK's for a while great machines, but they're still coils. Once I tried the G7's I got hooked - just so much less to deal with and consistent!

Inkstasy
03-05-2011, 03:19 PM

I actually like being a little bit of a maverick too!