PDA

View Full Version : Nicks direct drive

tattood
03-02-2013, 11:05 PM
this is gonna be a brief review as i have only used it to shade. All i can say is wow, my B and G has never been so smooth.i dont even know if it makes sense to say a DD hits soft but it seems to I have been searching for a machine that just worked for me and this did. I honestly feel kinda of stupid because i learned to tattoo in prison on what is essentially a DD and it has taken me a year and a half to try one. Once i have use it some more i will make a more in depth review, but so far this thing is awesome..

Heath
09-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm getting one soon in a trade...how have it you liked it since posting this?

primoink
09-03-2013, 07:09 PM
dude i use a dd for bng they are sick, heal easier, smoother, great machines. i have a few nicks machines. great machines

tattood
09-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm getting one soon in a trade...how have it you liked it since posting this?

They are great, extremely compact machines and pack a punch with a high end motor. i really like it they do really well at lining smaller grouping up to a 7. actually my preferred machine for lining with 5's.. as for color again it works really well. I think it excels at B and G TBH but that may be because of the stroke on this particular machine. I'd like to add all I mentioned is applicable to the stroke size on this machine which i think is 3.5mm so if urs has the same stroke it will be right on par with this one.

brimstonesix
09-07-2013, 09:11 PM
how much do they run?

cagelavey
09-07-2013, 10:40 PM
"tattooed" I know what you are saying, about the dd machines. I still haven't gotten to the point where I can use a dd machine, because of the whole "homemade tattoo gun" thing. I started tattooing when I was a kid with homemade machines, from hairdryers, cassette players, even VCR motors(they have like four motor in them, you can have a whole set from one VCR, lol). anyway, I spent years learning the ins and outs of the coil, and felt pride and accomplishment in doing so. it took me for ever to get a rotary machine because of that fact, but then I got the original neo. I was able to do so only because it had linear in the title of how it worked, so that was justification enough, because with that linear in the title it wasn't a prison machine, lol. I just tattooed on the fly with no direction or education or apprenticeship to speak of with all the wrong equipment for so long and then spent so long relearning the right way that its hard to go back full circle and just use a dd machine, in my head at least. i think my taste will always stray from a dd for some reason or another, but its great because there is so many fine machines to choose from now. sorry for getting off topic and spewing all this, i just wanted to let you know i been there too, peace

Inkspression
09-08-2013, 10:49 AM
I've made quite a few direct drives myself and they've never let me down. I wouldnt put my machines in a class anywhere near dan kubin or nick but they work perfectly fine for me and ive never had a client frown or wonder when they see them