PDA

View Full Version : Old Timer "Vintage"...

skinmech
03-05-2013, 10:28 AM
I uploaded this video on the Old Timer Vintage DDO...This is to show how well constructed these builds are..Not many machines will start at 0.1 Volts, all the power from the motor goes straight to the cam....Obviously it is unloaded, however, as it is a DDO, there is no load on the cam..I believe that the more options we add to a Machine, such as "infinite give" or "adjustable stroke" puts unnecessary load on the cam/drive arm/a-bar and will mean that an increase in volts will be need to get the "Machine Started"....I have Coil Machines that "don't wake Up" until 8 volts,LOL...For less than 160bucks/£105 these are the best Machines out there....Only saying..

I ran the Brass alongside the Vintage, and apart from the obvious weight difference, they ran identical...I understand why people don't like these Machines...Firstly, they are very, very cheap, and Secondly and more importantly, the workable range/bandwith is massive....For instance, a 5rl, will run nearly half a volt less than a 7rl, a 9 mag will run 0.7 of a volt less than a 13.....This isn't painting by numbers, this is getting back to basics, this is just your handspeed, volts and needle depth working together...As I said in the very first review, there are no safety nets with DDO's, but, with these, I don't think they are needed, however, common sense is!! ...I will stick my neck out and say they are the Best, multi-functional DDO's that I have, ever, used.......And for the Price, they will Float anybodies Boat..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMN9KlzCpcE

tattood
03-05-2013, 11:10 AM
love the accent. :) and gonna get one of these bad boys

(Opted Out)
03-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Have one on the way!!!!! :)

skinmech
03-05-2013, 12:06 PM
I have said it a few times, all "some of us" need is RW's and Old Timers...Oh and patience...I will offer any advice I can on any Machines I can from these Builders..

(Opted Out)
03-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Yeah i believe i could do just fine with 2 rotaryworks 12v and an i.d machine

MickWrath
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm waiting on a response from directDrive right now on an original old timer. I'm buying her for one of my artists birthday. He's a traditional guy that appreciates DD rotaries so what better present? Mick-

Bishopbyname
03-05-2013, 04:43 PM
My Old Timer is one of the smoothest black and grey shaders that i own.