PDA

View Full Version : Done these over the last few days........

Mozzer337
03-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Done with all kubins. Lined the girl head with a 14rl and a 7rl. Struggled with the 14rl. Skin on the thigh was too "bouncy" in parts resulting in poor skin penetration. Probably should have used a loose 9? Hey ho, you live and learn.

Bishopbyname
03-06-2013, 03:57 PM
That'd be me 1 criticism of the Cranker, i've struggled to line with it on bouncy areas. I was lining a full chest and it was hard work in the lower pec/arm pit area. I had to stretch far more than i would with a coil. Coils are still my No.1 choice for lining.

MickWrath
03-06-2013, 04:18 PM
If you increase your needle float and your stretch it will handle those elastic bouncy areas with ease. The float allows you to push a little more through the bounce to the proper depth and the stretch will also aid in this.

Mozzer337
03-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the tips lads. That is what I eventually done IE the needle float. I always relied on the punch of a coil to do the required work, as regards to needle penetration, but recently found out that I need to physically "force" the punch with a rotary, so I hung out a touch more and give the push a bit more depth.

nivek
03-06-2013, 08:28 PM
i have a kubin with set up with a bit shorter stroke for the bouncy areas, turn it up a bit and bobs your uncle

zack_fa1r
03-06-2013, 08:57 PM
id wear that head lee its real nice.

chris-in-cali
03-07-2013, 12:40 AM
what stroke you run on the machine you use to do those whips?

Mozzer337
03-07-2013, 07:54 AM
what stroke you run on the machine you use to do those whips?

Its a Kubin mini direct drive. Originally it had a 4mm stroke, but just got one of them adjustable cams off Ed (Nedz) and reduced it to 3.5mm, and ran it at 4.5 volts with a 45 degree angle on the needle penetration, and just whip away. Gotta be a bit brutal. In chubbier areas ive found I need to hang shit loads and get it in there. Tighter skin areas ya can work off the tip, but bouncier areas need a bit more umph!!

And Cheers Gary. Its on Toms Mrs. Her first tattoo, and its a big f*cker too. She didnt flinch for 3 hours.