PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

nick
03-07-2013, 02:57 AM
Hey guys, Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Tattoo artist out of Denver, CO. Moving to Rio de Janiero to tattoo in 3 weeks. Can't wait to learn a ton from everyone here. Rotarys are the only machines I use anymore.

Wonderland
03-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Welcome and good luck with the move.

Sage Oz
03-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Welcome :)

serial1313
03-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Welcome,that is one hell of a move.

clint morrison
03-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Rio!?? Can I come with you? lol. Welcome to the crack addiction, I mean forum.

nick
03-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks. I'm a gypsy at heart. I get antsy staying in one place too long. @Clint, lol funny guy. I am sure I will be addicted as well. And for sure, come with. I'll get some hook ups with shops and contacts so come on down and contact me. Going back to Santiago, Chile as well where I grew up a a kid. Come see the world. ;)

johndameart
03-07-2013, 02:33 PM
welcome! enjoy everything on here!

slicksteel
03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Hello and welcome!:)

Hip hop robot tattoo
03-12-2013, 06:31 AM
Mark Bentley from Seattle
stigma, Dan Kubin, Spektra, Centri, iron factory are my main go to machines....
I also own quite a few John Clark magnetic rotary machines, a adjustable prototype.
1 bishop, 1 Inkjecta, 1 Eternal, 2 bio mech eddie lollis
15-16 special technique rotary machines
i know I'm forgetting one other.....
really wanting to try Nedz rotary, Impact rotary, the new Stigma Prodigy 10 watt motor (& Beast for that matter), and the big ones Neo Tat and HM rotarys

Ugh.... What a mouthful!!!! Looking forward to actually view pics.
happy to be on here finally.
i use this forum everyday as reference.
some of you I have read your posts dozens if times.......

Thank you all in advance for the wonderful descriptions and view points that have molded my opinion of what a rotary should be..... Thank you for furthering our industry!!!!!

i also have an insane coil collection. Ciferri's and Aaron Cains and berhnards (garage irons)out the wazoo.
about 7 custom fancy carved Cains, meteorite, Damascus, and mokume gane.
21 ciferris including that badass Tetris with the micro processor that switches between 3 capacitors.
and 38 custom bernhard machines, 34 of which are one the bottom of his page(customs)
ill post pics very shortly of my rotary and coils.

i love machines, and prefer to start here when trading, or selling.

there are quite a few of you I have done trades with and what not already....... So hello all.....

passing the hell out

Hip hop robot tattoo
03-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Crap I knew it intuition rotarys look baller...attach this to that ^^^^^

nick
03-13-2013, 07:03 PM
I just want to say this forum ROCKS! I have only been on here for a week and a half or so and already have like 29 posts. I just love how I can ask a question and it will literally get answered in a matter of minutes. So helpful, thanks. Didn't know where else to put it so I figured my intro would work best. Best forum I have ever been a member of.

Aramis77
03-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Hello names Aramis and this is my first forum I've actually viewed and instantly had to be a pert of.
Ive been tattooing since 2000 and I've been a classically trained "coil machine" tattoo artist from the start. Used anywhere from Coastals and Northeast from Pappillion supply which I was told I could only use and own while I apprenticed and worked with my ex boss / mentor. I've been using over the last few years Mickys Sharps T dials and my Paul Rodgers with a little Next Gen and Time machine thrown into the daily mix. About 2 weeks ago had to get new front and back springs on my 2 primary work horses (my Mickys) and I had to go through the couple days of hell trying to get them re-tuned and back to how I want them.
Well I've really gotten tired of F**king with my coiled machines and its starting to drain me of my drive to tattoo so I got on the inter webs and started doing some research. Always told that rotarys were "ok" but not very good when it comes to packing and lining, pretty much only B&G is what there good for. Well after 3 days of research and finding this Awesome "Rotary Tattoo Forum" which I had to join, I decided to go for it and just ordered the new Stigma Hyper V3 for me and my old Apprintice/partner and a secondary rotary Spektra Haylo for myself with a 3.2 motorbolt and a 3.6. I've seen some of the sickest shit being tattooed out there in the industry with rotarys and I love detail work and get a little overboard when it comes to texture and depth so I really hope I've made the right choice. If any of you good people's have any feed back on my impulsive switch that could help me start out with a smoother transition to my new rotary obsession I would greatly appreciate it. Aramis

Aramis77
03-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Crap! Sorry Nick I think I posted on the wrong page. Side note. I'm right there with you on just joining the forum and I just made the switch to Rotaries unlike you and I can't tell you how stoked I am to finally start using them. Good luck in Rio!!!

nick
03-18-2013, 05:47 PM
They are amazing bud. They are all I ever use anymore. I'm spoiled. Thanks.