PDA

View Full Version : Swash drive

Mission Tattoo
03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Has anyone used the new g8 or the slide machines

MickWrath
03-07-2013, 04:49 PM
I will be ordering mine tomorrow so I will post a review when I get a few tattoos under her. Mick-

Mission Tattoo
03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Which one? Let me know what you think and what yr using it for, and what your using now that would be tits thanks

elbo
03-07-2013, 05:00 PM
I got a gen 8 on its way...i will post my opinion when ive tried it...

Tengu315
03-07-2013, 06:04 PM
I have a slide, and a gen8 on the way .
The slide 2.0 has the slide it self on 3 roller bearings. So the slide it self feels like it has no resistance .. It kind of floats/ glides up and down fast..
The machine is really lite and easy to move around so I use it when I do fine detail quickly with 7 and under rounds or b&g shading and filing with smaller mags.. Up to 9s.. I like it.. But for bigger and longer lineing l like a little more weight.
Would that help?

MickWrath
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Gen 8
But elbo will beat me too it haha. I know it's gonna be good the design is amazingly well thought out. Like a gen and a whip had a love child.

elbo
03-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Ive always enjoyed lining certain pieces with a gen 7 so maybe with the extra grunt in the bigger motor the gen 8 will be a great liner?

MickWrath
03-07-2013, 09:16 PM
I think so elbo it has that long stroke we come to expect from swashdrives and you can adjust from super soft give to solid no give so it spans the gambit for all types of lining preferences.

seawall paul
03-19-2013, 06:00 PM
i just rebuilt, whatever cleaned and lubed two gen 6, one poly and one aluminum, new clips a little metoil and ive used these daily since 2007 or 2008 i think, point being its not like they wouldn't do what was needed and are fresh right now

seawall paul
03-19-2013, 06:01 PM
as for weight, i had coins glued to both of my machines, i just ditched em, its all in your head

gangstajay
03-30-2013, 12:11 AM
well thanks to my wife I just order a G8.. excited to give it a go.

gangstajay
04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
well thanks to my wife I just order a G8.. excited to give it a go.
update...WTF so I placed an order last week from unimax and machine had not come so I called them and they say" oh we still dont have them" um you webb said in stock!! really so i take it that the swash drive company feels like shipping to the usa when ever the hell they want...lol any way. canceled my order till later

MickWrath
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Jay I got both my gen 8's from swashdrive direct in 5 days. It's funny cause unimax put a price and in stock on their site and they don't even know what their cost is for these yet so it isn't more expensive going direct except maybe a lil in shipping but the price tag on the unimax site is by no means set in stone because it was a guesstimate. Straight from unimax.

MickWrath
04-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Gen 8 quick overview...

Pro's
*amazing performance!
*very versatile for any kind of tattooing.
*closest thing to a do it all machine out there.
*nice RCA placement, improved chuck with needle bar tensioner.
*powerful motor, runs ttechs pushing a 23mag with ease.
*very lightweight

Con's
*the machine is a lot bigger than previous models.
*the sound has definitely increased

Thats about it. I will post a full review in a month. This will really give me some time to see what she can do but I am very impressed by this machine. Such smooth blends, packs like a beast, and lines effortlessly. It also runs black and grey as smooth as my adjustable HM DD set at 2.5mm!! And it does it with a long stroke. This was the area i was most impressed with. More to come. Mick-

Mission Tattoo
04-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Do you think that the swash plate technology is like a direct drive with the lag at the top and bottom of the stroke becuse of the circular movement thanks foe the input

MickWrath
04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
No I wouldn't consider it that because its not directly driven it has to transfer energy to the swashplate then it regains that energy lost through the mechanical advantage of the swashplate and transfers it yet again to the armature system. The gen 8 can hit with no give if set for that but that hit is different that a DD hit force.