PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Ray! (Neotat)

jimmy1614
03-10-2013, 01:48 AM
So i bought a Vivace from Ray at the Paradise convention in Keystone Colorado last year. I was a little sad as it didn't work very smooth. It fluctuated voltage up and down and would loose power so I didn't use it much. Two weeks ago I called Ray and told him about it so it was sent out last monday. I got it back this wed, just a little over a week total time and it seems to work flawless now. Very smooth and consistent. There was no charge! The guys at Neotat are awesome! Just though I would share my little story. Thanks!!

OwlsDen
03-10-2013, 07:30 AM
So i bought a Vivace from Ray at the Paradise convention in Keystone Colorado last year. I was a little sad as it didn't work very smooth. It fluctuated voltage up and down and would loose power so I didn't use it much. Two weeks ago I called Ray and told him about it so it was sent out last monday. I got it back this wed, just a little over a week total time and it seems to work flawless now. Very smooth and consistent. There was no charge! The guys at Neotat are awesome! Just though I would share my little story. Thanks!!

Ray is a great guy, I have asked him a dozen or so questions over the past year and a half. He has always been quick to answer and more than polite. I have nothing but nice things to say about him.

Wonderland
03-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Ray is really a good businessman. I picked up a machine from him at the Detroit convention and he asked if I had a Vivace already, and when I told him yes he gave me some extra springs for it, and a new addition he added to his machines is a spring that heps with the tube vice, so he gave me an extra one for my other machine and some extra lube as well.

tattood
03-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Ray is really a good businessman. I picked up a machine from him at the Detroit convention and he asked if I had a Vivace already, and when I told him yes he gave me some extra springs for it, and a new addition he added to his machines is a spring that heps with the tube vice, so he gave me an extra one for my other machine and some extra lube as well.

here all this makes me want to get another vivace. :)

rjdadio
03-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Hey, Thank you for the nice note! I always like to treat folks the way I would like to be treated.....life is too short for anything else.

You know.....interesting story about the spring.....but first....my policy has always been since I started making NeoTats in 2004, was to update machines free of charge. I hate the "we have a new operating system and you need to buy it from us" BS, and I knew going into this project that changes were going to be made and improvements would follow. So if you had a NeoTat machine and sent it back to me, I would update it to the latest thing.....free of charge. Back in December I got in one of my very first machines for service, and guess what.....I put everything new I could into it and sent it back with a note saying thanks for sending in this old machine.

Anyway....back to the story of the spring.

A few years ago I had this vision of a spring under the clamp to lift the clamp from the tube.....no flipping it around or lifting the clamp thing. I thought it would be cool, but after fiddling with it and not coming up with a spring method that would work.....I just said "screw it."
Then we get this message last year from an artist saying "hey, I got an idea for you about a clamp release." I got the message and said "I thought about it but determined that it was more of a pain in the ass than it was worth." But I listened to him and how he accomplished it....it was a simple solution. So I desided to give it a try......see I have an engineering background....EE and ME, so I contact the spring company I have do my springs and give them the design criteria.....dims and rates and what I am doing with the potential spring. Well....I can't can't get them to take me seriously. So I say the hell with them, order some springs, and go to work with the wire clippers. low and behold...I get it to work! Then I look at this and realize that it is a very cool addition. Why didn't I proceed with it in the first place?.....kick in ass....
I now look at it and say..."it's the simple things in life."
If I had the artist's name....or could remember....CRS real bad.....I would give him full credit for the clamp addition. I know we sent some free stuff to him at the time along with a thank you, but come to find out now, he left the shop he was working at.....and could not get back in touch with him.
So him kicking me in the ass......NeoTat has the tube clamp release system. Maybe I am the first to offer it on our machines.....but in a month......everyone will have it.

-Ray

MickWrath
03-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Much respect for credit given Ray, that shows amazing character ;-) keep up the awesome work sir!

creativeskin
03-13-2013, 12:43 AM
You put a clamp spring on my vivace at the Detroit expo. Simple spring but man does it make tube placement so much easier. Thanks for the great service!

rjdadio
03-13-2013, 01:01 AM
My pleasure. Like I. Said.....the simple things in life.

Jaytrials
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
I made the switch to rotaries over the winter and absolutely love the Vivace. Thanks Ray for making such an awesome well built machine. Your attention to detail is astounding. I just ordered another from Unimax and am anxiously awaiting its arrival!