PDA

View Full Version : Impact

tattood
03-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Got a chance to finally use my IMPACT today. The thing is great, there is no noise whatsoever other than the sound of the motor. Great machine, will go more in depth after i use it some more, but so far it is awesome...

asA
03-10-2013, 01:59 AM
How long till this thread turns to "beer"?

MickWrath
03-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Don't need beer when it's all about a machine and it's performance. I plan on doing an unbiased honest review soon.

tattood
03-11-2013, 01:53 AM
update .. used the Impact for b and g. loved it....

tattood
03-18-2013, 01:49 PM
update.. Todd told me his machines have a breaking in period to go through heat cycles, mine is officially broke in.lol.. Great machine the more i use it i love it. I was doing some b and g and color blending at well under 8 volts and was laying in with no problem what soever...

Tengu315
03-18-2013, 02:39 PM
There's only one thing I don't like about the impact.. The clip on it is a little too short. With the rounds I just put the needle in upside down so the needle is on top of the needle bar and its not a problem.. But it's a little too short when I use mags.. It pulls down on the needle bar to much. I bend the bar or use rubber bands or sometimes those glider things bit I really wish they made that clip to stick out just a little bit more.

tattood
03-18-2013, 03:11 PM
i got u. it took me a minute to under stand what u were saying .. if im hearing u correctly the needle clip is set to far back and as a result putting to much bend in the needle so they are not sitting in the back of the tip.. and to this i do notice this, however, i dont really bend my needles on the bar. i bend my mags at the solder carefully so they sit in the back.... i dont think i have used a round with it yet.lol...

slicksteel
03-18-2013, 03:20 PM
I have not had that problem so far-but I bend all my mags for rotary machines at the needle joint. On coils I bend at the bar.But sometimes on my needle clip machines such as neo,bishop,impact etc i will flip them over if for bng backshading action.

Tengu315
03-18-2013, 03:44 PM
I always bend at the needles.. But I shouldn't have to. That clip is what keeps the needle really straight and stable . And I think it's one of the best things about it. Like the neo tat ..
It's not a big deal but I'm just saying it will be even better.

Administrator
03-18-2013, 04:23 PM
If you use disposables sometimes a little bend is inevitable. Pressure from the vice on some disposables will move the tube to tip from center on some of these machines.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

tattood
03-19-2013, 12:34 AM
If you use disposables sometimes a little bend is inevitable. Pressure from the vice on some disposables will move the tube to tip from center on some of these machines.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Now that TENGU315 mentions it i do find myself puttin a little extra bend on my mags. my question is, is too much of a bend going to effect the needle possibly weakening them a bit. I do notice on some bigger groupings if i bend to much it takes the needles slightly out of alignment, not all the time but do notice it.. also i was thinking that the use of a different grommet my help the problem. i no the type Im using have a thick back part which make the needle stick out quite a ways on the nipple. im gonna try cutting the back off and see how that works..

slicksteel
03-19-2013, 12:45 AM
use paper towel-they tend to work best on all clip rotaries.

tattood
03-19-2013, 12:50 AM
i will give it a try another thing i have been thinking about is, do the clips stop the machine from having any dampening from soft grommets or paper towel..

slicksteel
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
You can always cut the clip off on any of the clip style machines-works great for line with a soft grom or on bony areas to help prevent blowouts/reduce pain.you can also open the slot up a pit with a small round file to let the bar slide in the clip a bit so you can get some damping.

tattood
03-19-2013, 02:41 PM
that sounds good im just worried to mess it up.lol.. although i do want some dampening. now when i file do i ensure im only filing the inside of the clip. i just dont want to risk the needle popping out...

Sage Oz
03-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Take one of those really small round hobby files(RadioShack sells a pen style kit that's awesome for this) and insert it through the tube vise hole into the clip hole and give it some tiny twisting pulling. Go slow little by little and use a round loose needlebar to check it to see that it can slide up and down in it smoothly but that can still clip the bar

MickWrath
03-19-2013, 03:15 PM
I'd say leave her no give no dampening and pick up another machine with give or a cranker for dampening. I wouldn't try to file a crescent wrench to fit a torx bolt, just get another tool homie. My guess is you will either buy a new slide or having trouble flipping her modified if you ever wanted to or needed to.

tattood
03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
I'd say leave her no give no dampening and pick up another machine with give or a cranker for dampening. I wouldn't try to file a crescent wrench to fit a torx bolt, just get another tool homie. My guess is you will either buy a new slide or having trouble flipping her modified if you ever wanted to or needed to.

yeah im gonna hold off on the mod.lol.. trying to get a cranker but i guess hes not taking orders for a while since hes backed up...

MickWrath
03-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Yeah dans working diligently in the new micro crankers trying to get them to us by May. You can get on the list for one if you contact him

slicksteel
03-19-2013, 03:39 PM
there is a cranker on ebay-right now -a nice red one

tattood
03-19-2013, 03:49 PM
i seen it and was this close to bidding but i want the newer model mc 13 :).. i had never really thought about the whole needle clip situation making the machine have zero dampening.lol.. i think if one of the makers of the slide machines made it optional to have a slide with a looser clip they wood stand way out from the rest....

Tengu315
03-19-2013, 04:07 PM
I have both the new mc 13 and the old one and although there are new features that are better than the old one , like a better clamp , I like the way the old one runs better ... I use it more often too..
Another thing .. A wish I bought the DK 47...

Neo
04-12-2013, 09:46 AM
i seen it and was this close to bidding but i want the newer model mc 13 :).. i had never really thought about the whole needle clip situation making the machine have zero dampening.lol.. i think if one of the makers of the slide machines made it optional to have a slide with a looser clip they wood stand way out from the rest....

just use a small oring or better grom on pin and have bands hold the bar against the clip for give, many people on here cut those off and love them like this, so have i after alie k said she did it and many others, dont need another give system machine and its way smoother then any give machine imo

tatu richie
04-12-2013, 12:03 PM
amazingness. id say by far hands down the best linier machine ive used... imo

Lynn mcnew
04-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Agreed richie. Best liner out!!

Tengu315
04-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Where is the dart?.... Is it ready yet?
How long has it been since coming very soon...