PDA

View Full Version : ?? Camera ??

tattood
03-10-2013, 03:05 AM
whats up im curious what kind of camera's people are using to take pics of their tattoos. I have a little $150 nikon digital that i have gave up on. Never gets a good pic with the lighting in the shop, and when i use the flash it bounces of and distorts the image. as of late i have just been getting pics when people tag me in photos they take at a later time. i feel my camera picture quality is not capturing my work quite right,,any advice wood be appreciated,

fkirons
03-10-2013, 04:24 AM
iPhone 5 Best tattoo pictures ever and I suck

acink
03-10-2013, 06:14 AM
get your self a Nikon coolpix l810 camera mate grate camera on a budget and takes grate pics

Wonderland
03-10-2013, 06:35 AM
We have a shop camera that is an Olympus pen, and I have a Canon 7d with a 60mm macro lens that I use, off camera flash as well so I get no nasty glare.

bluerocker
03-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Samsung nx1000,, 20mp,,, detachable flash,,, 50mm lense,,, and set on auto LOL,,, to many bloody settings for my taste but takes a help of a picture,,, and its WiFi enabled,,, upload direct to email,,, facebook etc,,,no cables needed,,, and if ya time it right if ya buy it,,, I got a Samsung galaxy tab 2 free with it!!

tattood
03-10-2013, 10:37 AM
We have a shop camera that is an Olympus pen, and I have a Canon 7d with a 60mm macro lens that I use, off camera flash as well so I get no nasty glare.

thanks guys gonna look into all mentioned, i have seen ur pics wonder land and i really like the quality, gonna try to go this route first.

tattood
03-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Samsung nx1000,, 20mp,,, detachable flash,,, 50mm lense,,, and set on auto LOL,,, to many bloody settings for my taste but takes a help of a picture,,, and its WiFi enabled,,, upload direct to email,,, facebook etc,,,no cables needed,,, and if ya time it right if ya buy it,,, I got a Samsung galaxy tab 2 free with it!!

damn that sounds great. i think that my problem with my lil 15o dollar camera it has quite a bit of settings and i went in a messed with them one day when i was bored..lol and it has never been the same. :(

nivek
03-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Canon Rebel XTI. I cannot say this well enough get a good digital SLR.

I have a Nikon d50 body I would be willing to part with for a decent trade. The lens needs to be reparied but you can buy a new one of 70 bucks.

The SLR cameras have big glass lens that allow for a lot of light to get in and take great pictures indoors without a flash.

Wonderland
03-10-2013, 10:52 AM
thanks guys gonna look into all mentioned, i have seen ur pics wonder land and i really like the quality, gonna try to go this route first.

Well if you are gonna spend some dough get the Olympus pen for a shop camera, you will enjoy useing it. I have more expensive cameras because photography is a big hobby for me. The canon 7d is a little over kill :)

tattood
03-10-2013, 11:07 AM
gotcha and definitly gotta get a quality camera. like i said i really havent been taking pics of my work because of frustartion, id take 20-30 pics sometimes with the client waiting patiently and still not have a good image.lol...

tattood
03-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Canon Rebel XTI. I cannot say this well enough get a good digital SLR.

I have a Nikon d50 body I would be willing to part with for a decent trade. The lens needs to be reparied but you can buy a new one of 70 bucks.

The SLR cameras have big glass lens that allow for a lot of light to get in and take great pictures indoors without a flash.\

Im gonna looks these up and ill pm u if interested

evol777
03-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Nikon D40x paired with a 35mm f1.8 prime lens

Wonderland
03-10-2013, 12:39 PM
OK so it is camera time again, and I know this has been brought up before. As long as you get a good camera you will have good images. So what would be a good camera for taking tattoo photos? Any digital slr will work well for you. It is all about the lens really. Good camera + shitty lens is no good. do not get a fixed lens camera. Buy a nice decent camera and learn how to use it first of all.

Get a good macro lens, not a zoom with macro function, but a good macro only lens, it will cost some money but it will be worth it in the end. max aperture should be f2.8 and you will stop it down to f4 with plenty of light and your images will look great.

If you have shakey hands when you photograph use a good tripod.

Do any and or all of this and you will have great images of your tattoos.

Canon t4i body only at bh photo $799.99
60mm macro lens $ 469.00

total $1268.99 before shipping. this setup will give you great images.

Here is my setup
17476 On the camera right now is a 24-70 f2.8

tattood
03-10-2013, 12:48 PM
damn man thank you for the information, i was already trying to research just what to get this took the guess work out :)

Wonderland
03-10-2013, 12:55 PM
damn man thank you for the information, i was already trying to research just what to get this took the guess work out :)

Any time!