PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody used the new stigma's yet?

elbo
03-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Anybody tried the new stigmas yet?...Ive been looking at them and they look great especially with the interchangeable motors..Would appreciate any feedback on them if anybody has tried one.

(Opted Out)
03-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Yeah the beast looks very tempting especially as it has a new system where you dont need gromits or rubber bands! Very interested in that!

OwlsDen
03-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah the beast looks very tempting especially as it has a new system where you dont need gromits or rubber bands! Very interested in that!

Yeah I am very curious to hear more about this as well. I don't think that it is the prettiest machine they have ever made, but I think the usefulness of this system could be amazing.

artoftatt2
03-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Tuesday!

elbo
03-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Im going to buy one on tuesday but im not sure on what one...the beast or the prodigy...damn it i might have to buy both...

asA
03-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Succks only one motor will be availible

Tat2dPinoy
03-10-2013, 02:47 PM
the Beast has some innovative features with no give, the Prodigy seems to have DF characteristics

elbo
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
will the needle bar be stabilised enough without a band?..Hmmmm

(Opted Out)
03-10-2013, 05:29 PM
will the needle bar be stabilised enough without a band?..Hmmmm

Well i think it works like a needleclip on a bishop/neotat but u lock it down with a screw so its tight down and then it moves forward and backwards as one with the slider i assume?...

MickWrath
03-10-2013, 05:38 PM
I think Crabink got his prodigy, he said he will post a video of her running for us.

(Opted Out)
03-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Tuesday!

Randy are you getting the beast or prodigy?...

zack_fa1r
03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
think hes getting both he said

artoftatt2
03-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Both with adjustable cams

crabink
03-11-2013, 12:48 AM
I think Crabink got his prodigy, he said he will post a video of her running for us.
havn't got it yet... fucking eCheck international lag fest ... i will keep calling them

artoftatt2
03-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Mine will be at the shop tomorrow I might just go pick them up:)

MickWrath
03-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Can you make a video Art!!?? I'm gonna order mine tomorrow.

artoftatt2
03-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Yes sir I'm waiting on them to get delivered today then ill go pick them up

MickWrath
03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Awesome!!

MickWrath
03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Ordered the prodigy with an adjustable stroke excenter this morning from National. Should be here Wed or Thur. I'm excited but I used my tip jar money on this instead of my Gen 8 so I may have to come outta pocket for the Gen 8...unless of course I need a second prodigy really bad before I order the swash...ahhhh too many good machines released at once!!

serial1313
03-11-2013, 03:42 PM
I just looked @ it on the National site. That thing looks like it is small. In a good way.

elbo
03-11-2013, 03:57 PM
My beast and prodigy will be here tomorrow...Sadly its my day off so i will have to wait until wednesday to try them...But i can caress them lovingly until then!

artoftatt2
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Boom!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/12/suhyhu9y.jpg

MickWrath
03-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Dope homie!! YouTube video if you please kind sir!!

OwlsDen
03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Review please! I can't wait to hear about the beast's needle system.

No Iron Machines
03-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Artemis is the king, for sure the 2 new machines from him are rock

i remenber when first comeout his website for stygmas rotary have one model already that lock direct the needles bar without rubber band, i think called tiranno that machine, not sure 100%,

artoftatt2
03-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Full video on the Facebook page in a few hours

Richard Peel
03-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Just received 2 new prodigies and 1 hyper V3 and a full day booking tomorrow will post up my findings tomorrow

asA
03-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Wow they look longer than I expected? The motor hangs down like an inch further than a halo it looks like?

Btw im jealous.

MickWrath
03-11-2013, 11:50 PM
I was a bit surprised at the sound of the prodigy, but that shit doesn't bother me one bit after using coils for a decade lol. I'm excited to get mine and put her to use. Mick-

(Opted Out)
03-12-2013, 03:45 AM
I want the beast! But i wana hear what everyone has to say about the needle system 1st...

petersaucepan
03-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Beast by name and nature..... fucking love it! Lines like knife through butter at 9.5 volts...... I was worried about the needle system but hell it works a treat. Will be buying another very soon!

crabink
03-22-2013, 09:35 PM
Well so far my RW I.D. seems to perform color packing and lining a lot better than my Prodigy... I guess I like no give a lot better.. But honestly lately I have been re-tuning my coils, reducing the strokes and dialing them in to run a little faster, paying attention to the working stroke length (the actual stroke lengths while in the skin) and have had some incredible results.... I think i am gonna stick to coils and sell the Prodigy... So far color and black and grey were not very smooth and i wasn't impressed.. Each time I ran the Prodigy for color I went back to my coils. I guess being that I know how to build coil machines and get a machine to do what i want maybe it's this knowledge that makes them work better for me... I often wonder how many rotary users are expert coil builders and wonder if they are pigeon-holing themselves into rotaries because they are simplistic and almost maintenance free and were never taught how to tune and build coil machines. Also you don't have to know anything about how to build a rotary to run them. Just have to learn needle depths and pressure and hand technique along with trial and error. Would be an interesting poll to see how many rotary users actually know how to build a coil machine from scratch and set one up from coil cores to rear spring tension and everything in between. I am not talking about changing and replacing an identical spring on a machine either.. That's not building, that's regurgitation.

I guess in conclusion I wanted to believe that rotary technology had surpassed and improved upon the coil technology, but it hasn't.. it's just merely something different, with working pros and cons just like coils. Realizing this makes me want to try the new centri.. that is a technology that actually emulates real coil tattooing, but with the centrifugal breaking system that i love. I guess I will wait and see.

I will however try some more rotaries but they will all be direct drive... I am thinking the HM adjustable... Seems like more bang for the buck since DD are all about stroke length.

serial1313
03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Well so far my RW I.D. seems to perform color packing and lining a lot better than my Prodigy... I guess I like no give a lot better.. But honestly lately I have been re-tuning my coils, reducing the strokes and dialing them in to run a little faster, paying attention to the working stroke length (the actual stroke lengths while in the skin) and have had some incredible results.... I think i am gonna stick to coils and sell the Prodigy... So far color and black and grey were not very smooth and i wasn't impressed.. Each time I ran the Prodigy for color I went back to my coils. I guess being that I know how to build coil machines and get a machine to do what i want maybe it's this knowledge that makes them work better for me... I often wonder how many rotary users are expert coil builders and wonder if they are pigeon-holing themselves into rotaries because they are simplistic and almost maintenance free and were never taught how to tune and build coil machines. Also you don't have to know anything about how to build a rotary to run them. Just have to learn needle depths and pressure and hand technique along with trial and error. Would be an interesting poll to see how many rotary users actually know how to build a coil machine from scratch and set one up from coil cores to rear spring tension and everything in between. I am not talking about changing and replacing an identical spring on a machine either.. That's not building, that's regurgitation.

I guess in conclusion I wanted to believe that rotary technology had surpassed and improved upon the coil technology, but it hasn't.. it's just merely something different, with working pros and cons just like coils. Realizing this makes me want to try the new centri.. that is a technology that actually emulates real coil tattooing, but with the centrifugal breaking system that i love. I guess I will wait and see. & just think, your ID cost you well under $300.

slicksteel
03-23-2013, 02:00 AM
I think crabink most people really don't care about tuning a machine any more-they would rather have a quiet session,faster heals,lighter and less vibrating machines that lowers wrist pain etc. People want to focus on the art more then being a mechanic and as such there has being amazing art leaps done with rotaries as people focus on tecniques. .
I love coils to and can build and tune them also. And love them for line work and old school whips but you cant beat a linear slide or dd for colorpacking or black or grey.
So I see them as tools and nothing more.But it does look like you are rethinking how you tune your coils to more of a j .carlton type set up and that all came about after using rotaries.

crabink
03-23-2013, 04:14 AM
Yeah... lately I been just walkin through piece after piece.. One pass, blending, black ant grey, new school color bombs. I'm loving it.. I gave my apprentice three machines and narrowed down my top shelf coils to 2 pikes a ciferri mini bull dog and a Cory Rodgers. Tuned em up and I am super happy.

However... I think I want to find a long stroke liner/DDcolor
i love the I.D. For lining and wonder if maybe a hm adj would be a good fit.

Prodigy was a real disappointment for me.. Definitely didn't outperform my coils. I'll still give it a go here and there.

Jan Li
03-23-2013, 12:45 PM
For me nothing beats a Spaulding and rodgers supreme for lining and shading just nickel and dime difference with the toaster box power supply!!!!!! you dont need more.:D

hendricksonart.com
03-23-2013, 01:26 PM
I think crabink most people really don't care about tuning a machine any more-they would rather have a quiet session,faster heals,lighter and less vibrating machines that lowers wrist pain etc. People want to focus on the art more then being a mechanic and as such there has being amazing art leaps done with rotaries as people focus on tecniques. .
I love coils to and can build and tune them also. And love them for line work and old school whips but you cant beat a linear slide or dd for colorpacking or black or grey.
So I see them as tools and nothing more.But it does look like you are rethinking how you tune your coils to more of a j .carlton type set up and that all came about after using rotaries.

To this day the most saturated tattoos I have ever seen have been done with coils, I do not see that changing rotary's work well and have advantages but coils have some definite unmatched advantages. Tuning is so easy If you understand your machines well. I am not sure how they ever become such a big hassle. I spend about five mins a day making sure my machines are running where they should be and my machines never go out of tune unless a spring breaks.

slicksteel
03-23-2013, 01:30 PM
For sure mine stay in tune -i think alot of people tune them wrong etc.-so they have problems.

slicksteel
03-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Nedz are sweet liners crabink-they line like a coil.I dont think you will like the HM thoe.

Tengu315
03-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I personally think a well done Japanese Tebori( hand poked) is the most saturated.

slicksteel
03-23-2013, 01:45 PM
I personally think a well done Japanese Tebori( hand poked) is the most saturated. for sure! a long stroke impact or a oldtime can sure put in those solids.

(Opted Out)
03-23-2013, 03:04 PM

I guess in conclusion I wanted to believe that rotary technology had surpassed and improved upon the coil technology, but it hasn't.. it's just merely something different, with working pros and cons just like coils. Realizing this makes me want to try the new centri.. that is a technology that actually emulates real coil tattooing, but with the centrifugal breaking system that i love. I guess I will wait and see.

I will however try some more rotaries but they will all be direct drive... I am thinking the HM adjustable... Seems like more bang for the buck since DD are all about stroke length.

I think 95% of people on here could build a machine from parts, and definetly tune one... When i first picked up a rotary i enjoyed the silence and the fact that some are 1/3rd of the weight of your average coil... They were ok to start with i struggled to saturate, b&g wasnt that smooth and lines were patchy... At that point i decided to push on with rotarys.. Try more discover what i wanted.. Hand speed, depth needle hang etc... Now im happy to say my rotary set up as it is will do anything better than any coil machines... Sure i miss the sound and tinkering.. But i enjoy keeping all my machines clean and well lubricated and running like they should, i can tattoo faster, better, with a reduced healing time, my wrists and hands feel 100% better every day than they did with coils... My ears arent ringing from the constant noise my clients are happy and say there less paiinfull and far happier with the low noise... You need to find whats right for you, i have always dabbled in different rotarys and i have owned over 30 now... And i can say i have 8 at the moment.. All no give, some people like give thats there preferance.. But im sure that for me personally having owned 40+ coils from alot of great builders rotarys are my future.

hendricksonart.com
03-23-2013, 03:14 PM
I personally think a well done Japanese Tebori( hand poked) is the most saturated. Have not seen to many of those in person so i couldnt say.

tattood
03-23-2013, 03:22 PM
**I feel like u are a little pissed about ur experience with the prodigy and trying to belittle rotary users by some of these statement u make. Part of the experience is trying new machines and not setting your hopes to high that is gonna be your daily driver, get it be open minded and try it out, if it work it works if not trade it for another then another then another.lol until u find one u like. then when u do, maybe get a new one from that builder and see what else he offers

MickWrath
03-23-2013, 03:30 PM
To this day the most saturated tattoos I have ever seen have been done with coils, I do not see that changing rotary's work well and have advantages but coils have some definite unmatched advantages. Tuning is so easy If you understand your machines well. I am not sure how they ever become such a big hassle. I spend about five mins a day making sure my machines are running where they should be and my machines never go out of tune unless a spring breaks.

I can saturate with my rotaries as good as I could with coils if not better with faster heal times and less trauma to the skin homie. I can show you Pics of my coil work vs my rotary work for saturation comparison. It's the artist and technique not the machine when you are talking high end coil vs high end rotaries.

(Opted Out)
03-23-2013, 03:33 PM
I can saturate with my rotaries as good as I could with coils if not better with faster heal times and less trauma to the skin homie. I can show you Pics of my coil work vs my rotary work for saturation comparison. It's the artist and technique not the machine when you are talking high end coil vs high end rotaries.

true that!

hendricksonart.com
03-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Do you just use the word homie or is it like deragotory thing? Every time I see you write homie I cant tell if you just use that word of if your trying to be confrontartional. I guess people talk different in different circles my friends dont even refer to me as homie unless they are tying to be funny. I am not saying a person cannot use a rotary and saturate better then with a coil. I am just saying that the most solid tattoos I have seen have been done with coils. I have certain friends and artist in mind who just seem to be above others when it comes to a tattoo being really saturated and just take it to another level. I have seen these peoples work over years hold up like no other and its done with coils I am not saying one is better then the other. Just pointing out my own experiences. I think there are reasons Nicko still uses coils and rotarys they both have there place.

tattood
03-23-2013, 10:32 PM
^^lol.. homie can be substituted with dude, bro, man, fool, and dawg successfully....

hendricksonart.com
03-23-2013, 10:46 PM
^^lol.. homie can be substituted with dude, bro, man, fool, and dawg successfully.. I figured as much just couldnt tell definetly not trying to start anything

fkirons
03-23-2013, 10:46 PM
you can use "Homeslice" too

hendricksonart.com
03-23-2013, 10:47 PM
you can use "Homeslice" too homeslice sounds comical and not confrontational, I gues the word homie used when someone doesnt know you sounds confrotational to me a little

tattood
03-23-2013, 10:51 PM
also like u said different circles say different things but the meaning is the same. for example i was big on saying dawg. "whats up dawg", "dam dawg for real".. but since leaving prison i am now saying dude and man and homie more, different enviroment.lol

PAWNJOB
03-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Aright, ...

So anyone care to post a review on the Beast or Prodigy??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2