PDA

View Full Version : Spektra Halo "Non Adjustable" Poll

fkirons
03-13-2013, 09:20 PM
We are seriously considering to introduce a Halo Machine Body "Non Adjustable" (No give)
What do you guys think of a Halo "Non adjustable? Thinking of a whole machine price of: $499

serial1313
03-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Is it just to save the buyer money?

fkirons
03-13-2013, 09:24 PM
We came across a lot of artists that requested this feature.
Non adjustable Halo entails less parts/ labor, therefore we'll lower the price.

Hip hop robot tattoo
03-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Absolutely, it's always nice to have an extra tool in the arsenal..... I already have an extra motorbolt I just purchased when buying another halo off your site..... I love your machines. I'd absolutely want one. Count me and everyone in my shop in!!!!!

fkirons
03-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Absolutely, it's always nice to have an extra tool in the arsenal..... I already have an extra motorbolt I just purchased when buying another halo off your site..... I love your machines. I'd absolutely want one. Count me and everyone in my shop in!!!!!
Counted. Thank you buddy for the support.

Tat2dPinoy
03-13-2013, 10:01 PM
You've created the best one-does-all machine Gaston, I haven't bought or touched any others since (except my FK Zen haha). The only reason I would consider it, is to give others a cheaper option. But to me, it's unnecessary, going backwards and I voted no

MickWrath
03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
I agree the more options the better Gaston. For my own notes will the machines performance differ from the adjustable with the give knob tightened down? I imagine you can probably get the machine to hit with a little more absolute downforce than even the adjustable tightened down, and with less noise, vibration, and friction. Or am I just wishful thinking? Haha Mick-

Tengu315
03-13-2013, 10:04 PM
You mentioned a halo " light " before...
I was waiting for it actually.

MickWrath
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
I think the light he spoke of was the halo with the non removable motor bolt system. Please correct me if I'm wrong Gaston.

Tengu315
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I think your right .. And even better.

fkirons
03-13-2013, 10:21 PM
You mentioned a halo " light " before...
I was waiting for it actually.
The "lite" is a design we never produced but may see the light some time.
It has no adjustment and the motor is not removable.
So many designs and new ideas that we don't know which one to put under production.

We are having lots of fun with the Halo and are remaking them as we are nearly sold out. Once we are done with Halos we will decide which machine to run next.

MickWrath
03-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Vortex!!!

Wonderland
03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
I would say a non adjustable halo would be a good seller. Make it with a non removeable motor bolt and I would think you may have a good seller. But....@ $499.00 I would think people would spend the $50.00 extra to get the adjustable halo instead. I would think a price point of $399.00 would be more of a seller for a non adjustable and would make more people bite. But if you could not get it down to that price point it may very well not sell to well.

Tengu315
03-13-2013, 11:05 PM
This is just my humble opinion ..
The motor bolt is a great idea if you only ,or use halos most of the time.
I find the halo easy to use and versatile.. And reliable . It often finds its way in my set up. So I only need one good one .. And will buy a whole machine if I want another one..
I enjoy using all of my machines ,and halo is one of them. That's why a non removable motor makes sense to me.
But if not , a non adjustable will make a good set with the halo for me.

Hip hop robot tattoo
03-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Mickwrath said it..... Vortex:) please.... This is one I have money in the bank for

Tengu315
03-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Yes.. Vortex.

Zapp
03-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Vortex :-)

slicksteel
03-13-2013, 11:55 PM
I think you should do the Vortek-as the next complete new body for the motor bolt system there is no need to make a light version with a fixed frame/motor .But first simply make a new non adjustable slider for the halo body that will hit harder then the original and be much simpler at say 50 to 75 dollers off. I found out that most machines with a give setup tend to be louder, more vibrations, more upkeep and more parts that wear out overtime.Some people dont want that. You have made a very nice body and motorbolt and this would be a simple addition for it that could also be sold by it shelf and would not be to hard to make or recoup funds. A lot of people like a rock hard setup and will put a soft grom on to get a bit of slight damping which I find runs different then a locked down give machine.
To many companies are always making a new machine and ditching last years model(including sells of parts). The thing that impressed me with FKI was you make improvements on your machines(and stock parts) over the years but don't ditch sound designs just to make a fast buck of the customer. Look at a few other companies that do that (you know who)every year they come out with a new machine or two and say its the best and then ditch it just for the sake of boosting new sales.

.;)

Sage Oz
03-13-2013, 11:59 PM
We want the Vortek! And I agree a non-adjustable halo would be awesome.

serial1313
03-14-2013, 12:06 AM
I think this is what slick is saying, if not I thought about this while reading his post. Why don't you figure out a way to make non adjustable internals that you can put in existing machines? That way you can sell the Halo w/ either option or w/ both & you can sell the new no give internals to people who already have the existing Halo. Then everybody is happy, & you only have to create new internals. I know I made that sound much easier than it really is.

tatu richie
03-14-2013, 12:19 AM
I agree the more options the better Gaston. For my own notes will the machines performance differ from the adjustable with the give knob tightened down? I imagine you can probably get the machine to hit with a little more absolute downforce than even the adjustable tightened down, and with less noise, vibration, and friction. Or am I just wishful thinking? Haha Mick-

I wouldnt mind the non adjustable. Yey mick made a valid point if its tightened is it the same effect. Then if so ill keep rockin the bad boy i got. But if there is a diff the for sure do it homie. And flip a table... ;)

tatu richie
03-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Fuck it gaston just send me one of every color and that would be really kool of u. Shit i might even give u my cell number and ill flip the next one for ya. Just a thought. :)

Administrator
03-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Look at a few other companies that do that (you know who)every year they come out with a new machine or two and say its the best and then ditch it just for the sake of boosting new sales.

.;)

Like cell phone manufacturer's with new designs. :)

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

MickWrath
03-14-2013, 12:36 AM
I would say a non adjustable halo would be a good seller. Make it with a non removeable motor bolt and I would think you may have a good seller. But....@ $499.00 I would think people would spend the $50.00 extra to get the adjustable halo instead. I would think a price point of $399.00 would be more of a seller for a non adjustable and would make more people bite. But if you could not get it down to that price point it may very well not sell to well.
I'd rather have the motor bolt, I think others with halos may like that idea that way we can buy the bodies and use our existing bolts. At 399 for a complete machine I'd be easily good for 2-4 non adjustable bodies lol. I already have 4 adj halos why not if the performance isn't identical and I can benefit from a different style of operation.

serial1313
03-14-2013, 01:15 AM
The motorbolt is ONE of the things that made me gain respect for Gaston. I know he has stated that the Vortek will use the same motorbolt. That way we can just buy machine body. I think it makes much more sense to just make non adjustable internals that fit the existing Halo, that way we aren't all out another few thousand dollars each just because someone came up w/ a slightly different idea. I mean does everybody just like to blow 1,000 a year on the same machine called "different"? That is the cool thing about being able to use the same motorbolt, Gaston isn't just making a new machine just to make more money, he is making a new machine that works w/ machines that you already have. Does anybody else think no give internals for the existing makes more sense?

MickWrath
03-14-2013, 01:20 AM
I don't know if I would want the hassle switching the internals back and forth between tattoos I'd rather just have a non adjustable body or 4 of them for $300 bucks each and swap motor bolts out from my adj halos. Just seems simple, almost too easy lol

serial1313
03-14-2013, 01:32 AM
That makes sense, but that is assuming that there is a difference between the adjustable Halo completely tightened & a non adjustable Halo.

slicksteel
03-14-2013, 01:41 AM
Mick as you have many you could just by a new internal no give slider in throw it in the body you already have if you want one set up that way all the time till you change your mind. Or if you wanted to buy another complete spectra body with the no give slider as a set for your bolts.
I think this would be the best because fki could invest in the Vortek body and get it out. And still market a hard no give slide option for the spectra body with out loosing its shirt or customer base.

slicksteel
03-14-2013, 01:46 AM
I think this is what slick is saying, if not I thought about this while reading his post. Why don't you figure out a way to make non adjustable internals that you can put in existing machines? That way you can sell the Halo w/ either option or w/ both & you can sell the new no give internals to people who already have the existing Halo. Then everybody is happy, & you only have to create new internals. I know I made that sound much easier than it really is.

Yep what he said! :)

serial1313
03-14-2013, 01:49 AM
That was my main reasoning behind just making the internals. Being able to change what you have already paid into & the no loss of customer base. If anything Gaston would just be empowering his existing customer base & have them singing his praises even more.

crabink
03-14-2013, 01:59 AM
i really thought this through and it's not the best idea Gaston...
Most machines like roman's new HM and the Prodigy have so much more to offer... If it was like 300.00 and could compete with the average selling price of production coils then it would be worth it.
I mean saving 50.00 and have a single purpose machine? .. I would spend the extra money and get Roman's adjustable machine that has no give. I mean only 100.00 more to do black and grey, color blending, color packing and lining?
Do the math, it's not even a question at 499.00
If the Price was right... 300.00 to 350.00 that would be the only reason to buy one.
A good example is the Rotary Works I.D. I can color pack and line with it.. its a super solid machine that works fucking great and it's 250.00 and it is exactly what you are talking about making.
So i would say this new possible machine only makes sense if its priced against the coil market, which would actually help some coil-users jump ship and try one, possibly hooking them for good.
I mean even the RW I.D can do at least 2 good things such as line a color pack, while most coils are designed for one specific purpose.
Does that make sense to you?

crabink
03-14-2013, 02:03 AM

What 50.00?
You can buy 2 rotary works for 499.00 a short stroke 2.5 and a 3.5 and basically line, grey wash and color with them.
499.00 is a joke
Even the bishop is 400.00 and i think that's over priced

MickWrath
03-14-2013, 02:42 AM
I wouldn't be interested in fiddling with separate internals at all, however like I said a no give body I can toss my motor bolts in...well now that's something...I think he would sell many more bodies and complete machines than internal component sets. I switch machines to often, for ease of use I would just prefer the bodies...and I don't see how this would lose him customers or a fan base by offering a no give version complete and a no give body both at lower price points. It's just choices and preferences, maybe he could offer internals as well as a third option if there is enough demand for it. I dunno? If it's less time, money and manpower to produce the complete non adj and the bodies or them I don't see it eating into vortex time because 99% of the work is already done via the original Halo. Just my 2 cents, worth exactly that lol.

MickWrath
03-14-2013, 02:49 AM
That makes sense, but that is assuming that there is a difference between the adjustable Halo completely tightened & a non adjustable Halo.

Very true, if the operating system is virtually the same as with the give knob tightened down well then there is no real reason for money spent on new completes, bodies, or internals because we already have the capability in our hands with a simple turn of a knob. It's all speculation at this point but we do know from experience that a no give sliders are virtually vibration free, quiet, and very smooth, and hit with a great deal of downward force compared to give machines set for no give. I would like to hear from Gaston on this before we get too far ahead of ourselves. Mick-

fkirons
03-14-2013, 03:27 AM
And that is exactly the idea. :)

serial1313
03-14-2013, 03:31 AM
If I can just buy no give internals for my existing Halo that would be great. Are you saying that there will be a difference in the new internals & the give internals completely tightened?

MickWrath
03-14-2013, 03:40 AM
I think the main question is what will the differences be exactly between the non adjustable and the give knob tightened down on the adj.

No Iron Machines
03-14-2013, 05:45 AM
the main difference is the COST OF PRODUCTION, no GIVE cost less, this why GASTON offer a cheap price on this NO GIVE, i think is good idea the same MACHINE available HIVE SYSTEM or NO GIVE.....IS COOL

AGGREE WITH THAT IDEA 100%

hellraiser6662
03-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Well I dont use the give on my halo! I dont think it works that well or even at all! Even with the superlube/oil added. I do also think that most give systems just dont work, they are far to hard to make any difference. You are trying to put ink into the skin about how deep 1mm 1.5mm if the give system doesnt move in that first 1mm then I can't see it working at all. The best give system so far - dragonfly piston. The worst - bizarre v1. The rest fall in between. The best give system is the skin and your stretch.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Lynn mcnew
03-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Sounds like a great idea. In a neo vivace guy & I love the(no give) it has.

tattood
03-14-2013, 08:47 AM
What 50.00?
You can buy 2 rotary works for 499.00 a short stroke 2.5 and a 3.5 and basically line, grey wash and color with them.
499.00 is a joke
Even the bishop is 400.00 and i think that's over priced

I havent used a Halo so i cant say 499 is a complete joke.lolo as im sure they are great machines but i do have to say that after starting off my rotary quest with rotary works it is hard for me to justify spending that much on a machine when the RW has done everything i have asked of it. Only downside really is they are not the most pleasing to looke at, when compare to the cnc machins. Another added bonus is the motor are really powerful and dont cost much and Dale usually sends replacemenst at no charge.. All that being said i am gonna venture out and get a high end machine just deciding on which one first..

Tengu315
03-14-2013, 10:03 AM
I like the bigger torquey motors lately..
A motor option that will fit the same way will be nice too...
But every time I hear how well theHALO is doing ,it just means more delay on the vortex.. It just seems like the perfect timing to get the vortex going now rather than after you done with the halo.

fkirons
03-14-2013, 10:48 AM
The purpose of my post wasn't to dispute a sales prices, but I appreciate the input as well. However how we manufacture the machine is not the cheapest way neither but perhaps the best way to get the streamlined shape. Each manufacture would sell to what makes sense to them in terms of their ROI.

Yes an adjustable halo can be converted to fixed. The main cost of the Halo doesn't reply on a spring and adjustment knob so $50 off seems about right to us. The main cost goes into manufacturing body, Motor, and the main parts.

This is just an idea, and I liked to voice it to hear the feedback.
Regarding the Vorteks, one of the main challenges is that you can't use the same cam. It needs be removed and a new fitting piece needs to be inserted instead.

tattood
03-14-2013, 10:57 AM
The purpose of my post wasn't to dispute a sales prices, but I appreciate the input as well. However how we manufacture the machine is not the cheapest way neither but perhaps the best way to get the streamlined shape. Each manufacture would sell to what makes sense to them in terms of their ROI.

This is just an idea, and I liked to voice it to hear the feedback.
Regarding the Vorteks, one of the main challenges is that you can't use the same cam. It needs be removed and a new fitting piece needs to be inserted instead.

You are right and like i said i have not used a Halo or seen one in person so i really dont no what im talking about.lol...

MickWrath
03-14-2013, 11:20 AM
the main difference is the COST OF PRODUCTION, no GIVE cost less, this why GASTON offer a cheap price on this NO GIVE, i think is good idea the same MACHINE available HIVE SYSTEM or NO GIVE.....IS COOL

AGGREE WITH THAT IDEA 100%
We already established this in Gastons initial post, and why the Caps? We all get this homie it doesn't need to be repeated in Caps. If it's the same operation and function then it will be good for new customers who don't have a halo and want a choice, but if this is the case it does nothing for existing halo owners because obviously we could just tighten the give knob down. Perhaps the question isn't being answered because its premature and the machine has not been built yet to know if it will function the same or different. Pertaining to the vortex the cam switch is only one screw so I don't see it being a big deal as long as there is a body/cam combo as well as a complete machine. I'd like to see this over a modified halo for non adjustment if the operating system is the same as the give knob tightened down. New machines and new operating systems is what we are all really waiting for.

johndameart
03-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes please, I like rotaries with no give, if i want give i will use the coils lol. but yes, no give would be awesome. less hassle. ((even thhough its already easy to clean and take apart lol ))

fkirons
03-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Today we worked on a little proto of the Fixed...and oh boyyyyy, this thing runs so smooth!

johndameart
03-14-2013, 02:26 PM
I want to see!! lol

fkirons
03-14-2013, 02:59 PM
I want to see!! lol
are you screaming for video?? :D

punisher
03-14-2013, 03:04 PM
I am. I have a feeling going to end up with every rotary machine you make.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

throwhammers
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
This is a great idea! I use my halo tightened down all the way. Always.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2

Wonderland
03-14-2013, 03:09 PM

Dont tease, was that what you were printing with the 3D printer maybe?

johndameart
03-14-2013, 03:14 PM

YES!!

punisher
03-14-2013, 04:03 PM
This is a great idea! I use my halo tightened down all the way. Always.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2

Thats the same way i run mine this would be perfect for me already have money stacking up for another halo i guess i'll wait and see whats next

fkirons
03-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Dont tease, was that what you were printing with the 3D printer maybe?
hahah secret!

MickWrath
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
I knew it would run smoother hehe. ;-)

fkirons
03-14-2013, 05:50 PM
And here it is: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4000552190734&set=vb.1788954010&type=2&theater

slicksteel
03-14-2013, 06:24 PM
looks like it runs much better!!!

(Opted Out)
03-14-2013, 06:38 PM
It sounds silly but the orange slide bit looks awesome haha

MickWrath
03-14-2013, 06:51 PM
I couldn't tell because of the background noise.

joelhague
03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Will the no give slide fit the first batch of halos I have two one I got when you had your rotary forums support sale and another I got in trade that is one of the very first where u engraved /signed the front of them I recently purchased some replacement sliders etc spent 250 bucks with the extra motor bolt I ordered and a few months later when I went to drop in one of the new slides into my machine it did not fit in either way the slides were changed a bit and I noticed grooves cut into them at the top and bottom, your receptionist kayleigh worked it all out for me and is digging up some old style slides to send me but I was a bit upset my first two machines are now sorta obsolete to the new designs and I'm assuming this no give slider will be the same so what are all of us early adopters out of luck? Or will u be making some to fit your first models as well? I really think you should make a stainless steel halo to kill vibration issues over 9 volts and maybe fix the issue with the give knob turning on its own I love my halos and use them everyday but I think on a 550 dollar machine it sucks to only be able to use it in the 7.5-9v range sometimes I like higher volts to line with, even just using a stainless steel vice piece and knob might help and then you don't have to produce a whole stainless machine even though I'm sure it would be awesome. As for a halo lite, are u guys crazy.... I think the halo is light enough as is and so light that it does have a bit of a vibration issue so why would you want even lighter like its lighter then most rotarys as is. As for the motorbolt keep it removable please because I have one motorbolt that cuts out a little and I'm meaning to send it in for service , I like the idea of not having to send in my entire machine for repair and being without my daily driver for a few weeks, so nice to just send the one bad motor in and just keep using my one good one for both ....

fkirons
03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
I'll make a better video tomorrow. But that was a quick one and to find silence here is nearly impossible.

fkirons
03-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Will the no give slide fit the first batch of halos I have two one I got when you had your rotary forums support sale and another I got in trade that is one of the very first where u engraved /signed the front of them I recently purchased some replacement sliders etc spent 250 bucks with the extra motor bolt I ordered and a few months later when I went to drop in one of the new slides into my machine it did not fit in either way the slides were changed a bit and I noticed grooves cut into them at the top and bottom, your receptionist kayleigh worked it all out for me and is digging up some old style slides to send me but I was a bit upset my first two machines are now sorta obsolete to the new designs and I'm assuming this no give slider will be the same so what are all of us early adopters out of luck? Or will u be making some to fit your first models as well? I really think you should make a stainless steel halo to kill vibration issues over 9 volts and maybe fix the issue with the give knob turning on its own I love my halos and use them everyday but I think on a 550 dollar machine it sucks to only be able to use it in the 7.5-9v range sometimes I like higher volts to line with, even just using a stainless steel vice piece and knob might help and then uoi

Hey man the slider fits all the halos, including the very first ones that were signed.
However sliders need to be fit in by us because we make them a bit bigger to make sure they feel tight.
The first machines are the same as the ones that are not signed. The only difference was the rubber band horns.
Other than that nothing has been changed.

The new groves are to help with lubrication and fit.
If you want I can refit them at no additional cost.

The Spektra with a well fit slider doesn't vibrate more than any other rotary out there.

joelhague
03-14-2013, 07:10 PM
And don't get me wrong the vibrations /needle lift and wobble are not a huge issue it just happens over 9 volts more easily, I am just comparing it to a machine like my mini crankers where I can set them on any voltage I please without a problem, and I think it all comes down to material used and weight of the machine Dan doesn't use maxon motors he uses a 20 dollar one so how can this have less vibration then a maxon motor it probably doesn't but its surrounded by a vibration absorbing body! As for the knob moving I used a bit of teflon tape to correct the issue bit maybe on future designs the give knob should have some sort of built in teflon like thing on the threads not just plastic on plastic give it a little something to bite into I'm not sure what my hyper v3 used when I had it but it never moved on its own

joelhague
03-14-2013, 07:14 PM
I tried to put the slider in while I was on the phone with kayleight and I really had to force it and was barley able to pull it back out... I had to bite onto it with my teeth and yank it out lmao I didn't wanna use a real tool as that probably really would have fucked it but super lube in the mouth isn't so fun either, I really don't see how the slider would fit into the very first halo from my testing experience maybe I need some personal guidance from you but I also really don't want to ship in my two machines and be without them either .... seems silly to have to pay 30-50 bucks and a 2-3 week wait anytime I have an issue I know its a fast turn around for any machine builder but it really sucks being without ur favorite tools

joelhague
03-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Please don't take any of my comments the wrong way I love your machines and have always had extremely awesome customer service from you guys just trying to give my personal input for future design purpose to benefit us all

joelhague
03-14-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't see a difference in the rubber band hooks on the two I have are the new ones bigger? So u guys have to for the sliders in what does that mean for us with the whole tool free break down cleave the machine body etc do the new models not come apart like that? When I put that slider in like I said it was super tight and very difficult to pull back out when it only got halfway in? Sorry for the 4 posts in a row guys I'm on mobile

I just don't think I should have even been sold these sliders charged shipping etc if it was known that you guys have to fit them in? ?? And now my option os to pay more shipping to send them in to be fitted I know you said you would do it at no cost but I mean honestly if I knew this was the case in the first place the machines should have just been sent in at the start...

fkirons
03-14-2013, 07:34 PM
I don't see a difference in the rubber band hooks on the two I have are the new ones bigger? So u guys have to for the sliders in what does that mean for us with the whole tool free break down cleave the machine body etc do the new models not come apart like that? When I put that slider in like I said it was super tight and very difficult to pull back out when it only got halfway in? Sorry for the 4 posts in a row guys I'm on mobile

I just don't think I should have even been sold these sliders charged shipping etc if it was known that you guys have to fit them in? ??
Joel email me and we'll sort it out pal. I can def explain to you how we do it so you can do it yourself, but fitting sliders it's a science on its own :)
PS: For a moment after reading yours posts, I thought you lost it and started to have a conversation with yourself :p

The sliders are not for sale on the site. If I am not mistaken you insisted that we sell them to you to fit yourself. But anyway email me regarding customer service inquiries so we can take care of you and go back to the topic. Thanks

joelhague
03-14-2013, 08:24 PM
back on the computer,

ya i just asked if they were available for sale as i hate having downtime being without my machines in the mail for a few weeks at a time as i only own 2 at the moment and anything i can do myself i really prefer to, coming from a coil background and being taught to do every repair yourself, especially since sometimes machine builders screw up to steps taken or small pieces are missing. its always just been logical to me to service my rotarys myself most are easier to work on then a coil in my eyes atleast. what is your email? id appreciate being able to fit them myself and see if i can notice this reduction in vibration or smoothness from the older style slider that im currently using.

and to answer your question on the non adjustable halo

1.i would buy the internal parts to try out for fun and support fk but would probably not buy an entire machine just for that option , its taking away verstaility , and when im buying anything be it a rotary machine ,a new tv , if im spending 500 bucks on something i always take the 50 dollar upgrade... i mean your already spending 500 whats another 50....

2.i think a no give fixed motorbolt machine at 300-350 would sell. directly competing with neotat bishop impact etc. for that class of machines. but really i think alot of tattooists like the new hottest best thing, thats what we all want to drop our cash on. not something thats been done over and over.

3.i would like to see a fixed give slide before a no give i like the idea others have had but hasnt really been put out there too much yet of having a few different fixed give soft med hard slides, this would go great with the tool free assembly of the halo easy to pop in and out under 5 minutes , personally i like my machines to run the same way 24/7 thats what i love about rotary , never second guessing your tools , letting your artwork come out on autopilot. fixed give does this for me, i am a tinkerer and i hate it and fixed give helps me stay in the zone. that is why there is a paint pen dot on my halos give knob, so i know it has not changed.

3.someone brought up the point of a different low v motorbolt, i think it would be an AWESOME idea to have different motor choices for people and just furthers the versatility even more, and would be easy to implement.

4.i LOVE the idea of being able to upgrade my machines(especially on my end),. i seriously hate when i drop a bunch of cash on something and then they have a new model with slight changes every 3-6 months... being able to upgrade to new slides or faster lower v motors, all with my current machine would just give me more reason to keep purchasing halo machines. and then the thought of being able to take my motor and use it on your next machine the vorteks , pure genius! that is how you create life customers!

lastly that was long, please dont forget to send me your email address Gaston i dont have it, or shoot me a message on facebook pretty sure we have each other on there

thanks

5. stainless halo bodys:cool:

serial1313
03-14-2013, 08:45 PM
^^^^ joelhague, why don't you just PM Gaston on this forum?

fkirons
03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
back on the computer,

ya i just asked if they were available for sale as i hate having downtime being without my machines in the mail for a few weeks at a time as i only own 2 at the moment and anything i can do myself i really prefer to, coming from a coil background and being taught to do every repair yourself, especially since sometimes machine builders screw up to steps taken or small pieces are missing. its always just been logical to me to service my rotarys myself most are easier to work on then a coil in my eyes atleast. what is your email? id appreciate being able to fit them myself and see if i can notice this reduction in vibration or smoothness from the older style slider that im currently using.

and to answer your question on the non adjustable halo

1.i would buy the internal parts to try out for fun and support fk but would probably not buy an entire machine just for that option , its taking away verstaility , and when im buying anything be it a rotary machine ,a new tv , if im spending 500 bucks on something i always take the 50 dollar upgrade... i mean your already spending 500 whats another 50....

2.i think a no give fixed motorbolt machine at 300-350 would sell. directly competing with neotat bishop impact etc. for that class of machines. but really i think alot of tattooists like the new hottest best thing, thats what we all want to drop our cash on. not something thats been done over and over.

3.i would like to see a fixed give slide before a no give i like the idea others have had but hasnt really been put out there too much yet of having a few different fixed give soft med hard slides, this would go great with the tool free assembly of the halo easy to pop in and out under 5 minutes , personally i like my machines to run the same way 24/7 thats what i love about rotary , never second guessing your tools , letting your artwork come out on autopilot. fixed give does this for me, i am a tinkerer and i hate it and fixed give helps me stay in the zone. that is why there is a paint pen dot on my halos give knob, so i know it has not changed.

3.someone brought up the point of a different low v motorbolt, i think it would be an AWESOME idea to have different motor choices for people and just furthers the versatility even more, and would be easy to implement.

4.i LOVE the idea of being able to upgrade my machines(especially on my end),. i seriously hate when i drop a bunch of cash on something and then they have a new model with slight changes every 3-6 months... being able to upgrade to new slides or faster lower v motors, all with my current machine would just give me more reason to keep purchasing halo machines. and then the thought of being able to take my motor and use it on your next machine the vorteks , pure genius! that is how you create life customers!

lastly that was long, please dont forget to send me your email address Gaston i dont have it, or shoot me a message on facebook pretty sure we have each other on there

thanks

5. stainless halo bodys:cool:

Thanks for your input Joel.
I'm glad you like the concept of the MachineBody and MotorBolt. That was the very exact reason why I wanted to do this to allow versatility.
W eare working on new "stuff" that will launch when the time is right, just like we did with the Halo.
Thank you for your support and don't hesitate to contact us with any concern or issue.
I want my customers to be happy.

BTW Email is on the site, under contact us :) www.fkirons.com
I don't post it here so spider crawlers don't catch it to spam me.

joelhague
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
good point serial hahah , i dont know why i didnt think of that lollll.... nice new avatar picture !

serial1313
03-14-2013, 11:00 PM
good point serial hahah , i dont know why i didnt think of that lollll.... nice new avatar picture ! Thank you sir.

fkirons
03-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Thank you sir.
And he did :) despite me saying to email me :p

serial1313
03-15-2013, 12:47 AM
And he did :) despite me saying to email me :p Can't win them all, I guess. I was just trying to get him to address you directly & get the problem solved. There is nothing the rest of us can do about it. Haha!

fkirons
03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
All good Joel is a great customer. I just have so many messages here and I get instant email notifications on my phone.

Aramis77
03-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Just now making the switch from coils to Rotaries and I'm expecting your New Spektra Halo with double motorbolts to arrive this Thursday and the Hyper V3 on Friday. I thought it was awesome that I'm going to be able to run one Machine with multiple set ups from liner to shader with minimal effort but I could defiantly see the benefit of having to just be able to have them all set up at once with no hassle. First I need your modern marvels to arrive to be able to give full opinion. I will have lots of questions for you soon if that's cool with you?

fkirons
03-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Just now making the switch from coils to Rotaries and I'm expecting your New Spektra Halo with double motorbolts to arrive this Thursday and the Hyper V3 on Friday. I thought it was awesome that I'm going to be able to run one Machine with multiple set ups from liner to shader with minimal effort but I could defiantly see the benefit of having to just be able to have them all set up at once with no hassle. First I need your modern marvels to arrive to be able to give full opinion. I will have lots of questions for you soon if that's cool with you?
Awesome dude enjoy the machines and ask if you have any questions.

crabink
03-18-2013, 12:56 AM
@ FKirons ... what ever you do... somewere in there you need to compete with the new prodigy.. I am not talking about the machine you addressing in this post.

I am talking about the vortex... because it sounds like with the vortex its gonna be all about a new and improved, yet creative, soft adjustable-give system. ... Something epic...
I think i speak for a lot of rotary nuts when I say.. "Almost all of us just dropped 700 to 1500 dollars on the new prodigy and beast and some spent more getting 3 or 4 machines and they are sold out everywhere.
Were talking about Stigma selling 2000 machines in 12 hours in the UK alone. That's insane.

Gaston, I am calling you out. I want to give that kind of money to an american-based company that will have this machine in stock all year around, and who i can actually call or talk to for tech support. (no offense to the UK)

This other idea is all fine and dandy, but you know you have to take on Stigma and take a fat chunk out of this industries lucrative market.

Make us proud Gaston, make us proud

fkirons
03-18-2013, 10:16 AM
@ FKirons ... what ever you do... somewere in there you need to compete with the new prodigy.. I am not talking about the machine you addressing in this post.

I am talking about the vortex... because it sounds like with the vortex its gonna be all about a new and improved, yet creative, soft adjustable-give system. ... Something epic...
I think i speak for a lot of rotary nuts when I say.. "Almost all of us just dropped 700 to 1500 dollars on the new prodigy and beast and some spent more getting 3 or 4 machines and they are sold out everywhere.
Were talking about Stigma selling 2000 machines in 12 hours in the UK alone. That's insane.

Gaston, I am calling you out. I want to give that kind of money to an american-based company that will have this machine in stock all year around, and who i can actually call or talk to for tech support. (no offense to the UK)

This other idea is all fine and dandy, but you know you have to take on Stigma and take a fat chunk out of this industries lucrative market.

The Halo was ahead of the game from the start. When we designed the MotorBolt we had in mind several machines that were going to be powered by the same motor. Some of you saw the Vorteks.
For what I can see the Prodigy is very similar in many was to the Halo. When I launch the new machine is going to be because a great product have been proven, tested and ready to be released and not a quickie project to have just another rotary out there to cash out from or to compete against any one :)
We don't compete, we innovate.

punisher
03-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Well said

crabink
03-18-2013, 11:04 PM
The Halo was ahead of the game from the start. When we designed the MotorBolt we had in mine at her machines that were going to be powered by the same motor. Some of you saw the Vorteks.
For what I can see the Prodigy is very similar in many was to the Halo. When I launch the new machine is going to be because a great product had been proven, tested and ready to be released and not a quickie project to have just another rotary out to cash from or to try to compete against any one :)
We don't compete, we innovate.

oh i am sure of that.... and guess what gaston.. I can buy a halo now.. because I am switching all machine to RCA .. fucking rock hard

crabink
03-26-2013, 03:15 AM
We are seriously considering to introduce a Halo Machine Body "Non Adjustable" (No give)
What do you guys think of a Halo "Non adjustable? Thinking of a whole machine price of: $499

I think I miss understood ... are you saying a DD version of the Halo with adjustable execenters? So one machine body and you can change the stroke with the execenters?

Administrator
03-26-2013, 09:55 AM
I think I miss understood ... are you saying a DD version of the Halo with adjustable execenters? So one machine body and you can change the stroke with the execenters?

I think hs means a machine where the adjustment knob is not there. What you described i assume is something you drempt up to make work for gaston and company.

tattood
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM

crab u never cease to amaze me your calling Gaston out.. damn :)

crabink
03-26-2013, 03:42 PM
no no no.. lol I am not calling Gaston out.. and besides he is obviously genius-minded and doesn't let little shit get to him. I am sure of that.. From the day i made that post til today a lot of things have really changed. I actually realized that with the rotary style technology give isn't as important as stroke length, volt speed, hand speed, pressure and technique. I am loving my RotaryWorks I.D. and am going to order a 2.5 soon. RCA this time :p

MickWrath
03-26-2013, 03:58 PM
All those factors tie into what kind of tattoo you are doing, and your style. Give is preference however it's proven to be more forgiving when it comes to skin trauma generally allowing more passes. Sure technique and stretch play a big part in that when using a no give or direct drive as this will allow more passes as well when those proper techniques are applied. This is all based on a give system that actually gives, and I separate no give and direct drive because they are different animals as well. Every single aspect of tattooing has so many variables you just have to find the right combination of stroke, volts, needle float, needle depth, stretch, hand speed, skin type, give, no give, direct hit, needle gauge, and pigment type to achieve whatever style of tattooing you are creating. ie: 4mm stroke, over a nickel float, blunt taper needles, low volts, fast handspeed, lots of stretch, micro dispersed pigment, on sensitive skin would be a straight up nightmare setup to achieve smooth black and grey no matter what type of rotary machine you used.

crabink
03-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Is float a rotary term? If so can you explain what you mean please?

slicksteel
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
All this mumbo jumbo ---for christ sakes just do a fuckin tattoo-its not rocket science!!
float is the same as needle hang

crabink
03-26-2013, 06:29 PM
lmfao .... apparently it appears that float is for the rotary industry and hang for the coil industry

Administrator
03-26-2013, 06:33 PM
All this mumbo jumbo ---for christ sakes just do a fuckin tattoo-its not rocket science!!
float is the same as needle hang

"Just do a Fucking Tattoo" is pretty universal. :)

MickWrath
03-26-2013, 06:35 PM
I've used coils for 10 years and always said float, its an industry term not a machine term. I dunno where such confusion comes from pertaining to such simple things. Slick I feel you, my frustration level is off the charts with this redundant shit...it's getting re-god-damn-diculous. Comon crab use common sense please!!! I'm begging you homie! I'm so tired of having to explain things in such detail that should be known by anyone who tattoos and isn't green....and I swear to Christ if anyone asks me what I mean by "green" I'm gonna lose my shit!

MickWrath
03-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Back to topic, looks like Gaston may be focusing on our nameless machine and putting this idea back burner or maybe deligated the task to his minions. I'd prefer the unnamed...;-)

crabink
03-26-2013, 11:16 PM
You know mick it really wasn't a lame question.. honestly.. I started tattooing around 1993 and I never ever heard that term.. so I really wanted to make sure there wasn't a term (and or piece of knowledge) that I was not sure about.
Yes I say a lot of shit that seems off the wall, but that's just me... would suck if we were all the same..
Lighten up man.. remember . your living the good life homie.. You know how many pore souls slave 70 hours a week at a job they hate for shit money.
A rotary green horn with ass backward theories and seemingly obtuse questions should make you laugh a little.
I still love you bro.. even though your being so hard on me.

fkirons
03-26-2013, 11:44 PM
A bit food for thoughts.
Be advise This is just my personal opinion, and perhaps the conclusion after seeing many great tattoo artists throughout the 100 conventions + all the great artists I was blessed to chat with and watch tattoo:
- Machine type is secondary. What it matters is how those needles are laid on the skin and that requires a hell of human power to achieve it right.
- Most the most amazing tattoos I've seen in my life were done by people that have no clue about how the machine is constructed. Artists that step on the foot pedal and go.
- A bad artists is a bad artist no matter how long he/she has been tattooing or how much this person know about machine theory.

" Talent doesn't know anything about rotary or coils. It just knows about great tattoos."

now Back to the Topic,

flatline
03-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Can you make it with a needle clip this time?

punisher
04-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Ooooh! Needle clip i'm all for that.

fkirons
04-01-2013, 02:22 PM
We'll try to do something original

Mission Tattoo
04-01-2013, 10:28 PM
You can do it..... All night long

Eturnus
04-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Suspense is eating me alive! uhh...

fkirons
04-02-2013, 10:11 PM
mmmmmwwwwaaahahaaahahaha!!!! not telling!

PAWNJOB
04-29-2013, 10:24 AM
:confused:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Patrick
04-29-2013, 11:34 AM
you can buy one spectra halo for real
and get the rest from china
a view spring adjustable and your ready to go.

WTF?!

Eturnus
04-29-2013, 12:10 PM

are you kidding me?

punisher
04-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Hoping that the as just a sick joke

elbo
04-29-2013, 01:25 PM

One word for that guy...Cheap!

nouveau
04-29-2013, 02:02 PM
only 2 posts, and the other was that the new rapier was too expensive

Panos tattoo
04-29-2013, 03:49 PM
how about a liner with adjustable stroke not give?and i dont meen changing parts.