PDA

View Full Version : Stigma Prodigy Woes

crabink
03-18-2013, 04:51 PM
OK. Being new to rotary I opted to get the clip cord ad on for my Prodigy.. and when i put it on it broke the contact inside and obviously it won't run. Even though I was careful and followed the instructions I failed to stop at the correct depth based on felling for the resistance of the hidden contact inside because the tight allen screw was giving me resistance as well. So now it is just an RCA only machine unless they replace the motor and I try again. If they don't replace the motor so i can retry this clip cord add on I am going to sell it to an RCA user... I will most likely sell it for 550.00 with all the execenters and eat 150.00. I ran it with RCA and it works fine.. I don't want to switch back and forth from clip cord to RCA all the time. Maybe I will convert all my coils to RCA.. I don't know.. I am pissed the fuck off..

Why would they not create a design with it all contacts intact like the v3. I would have bought a halo but it was RCA only. I think maybe i will just buy 2 more RCA machines and see how that goes.

So.. for all of you guys adding the clip cord connection.. screw it is a short ways and run the machine periodically until it turns on and make sure you have the clip cord on the right way.. try both ways each time... When it goes on the give it a very small extra turn and the connection will be perfect.

Stigma should have a detailed video of how to do this because it's a pain in the ass, and it is going to cost them motors. I guarantee 1 in 4 people will fuck up their motor doing this.

Hip hop robot tattoo
03-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Damn.... Dude!!!! I'm sad for you!!!!!
i hadn't thought this would even be an issue.
Looks cool too..... Man,,, I'm very sorry man!!!

thanks for the heads up!!!! As I see myself doing the same f'ing thing!!!!

I'm not even going to offer to buy it at the moment... Take a deep breath.... And hopefully there's a quick fix!!!
if not, I pray it will work out for you man!!!

MickWrath
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
We will probably see less and less clip cord options as the connection is not as solid, RCA is just better. Stigma obviously designed the prodigy to be RCA and added the clipcord idea to add sales in that small niche market to sell more machines. Just convert homie and use 1 RCA cord.

Hip hop robot tattoo
03-18-2013, 05:48 PM
I agree with you.... But we all have those clip cord only machines. I hope many things become standardized in tattooing( haha yeah right!!!). I agree I like RCA as well, but having your new toy fail... It's a bummer

serial1313
03-18-2013, 05:49 PM
I will give my normal answer to the clipcord/ RCA problem. Buy an RCA cord for $9 & just swap back & forth. That is what I do.

slicksteel
03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
that really sucks and it sound like they will have problems!-
but I must say you get a way better connect with rca with motors you can get a lot of power problems with clippy. Its worth converting your coils to.(I did and the run better to)
Also the clipcord really throws the balance off on a light weight rotary and causes a lot of back pull.

nivek
03-18-2013, 06:46 PM
After 6 months or so of using a AL bro RCA I just can't go back to clipcord. The consistent connection - ease of change etc makes using a clipcord just seem off to me. However if you want the best of both worlds and not have to eat 150. I suggest....
http://www.albroordie.com/RCA__Clip_Cord_Combo.html

Its a bit more work but you can switch back and forth easy enough. It will give you a feel for RCA, Swithing all the coils I use to rca made everything easier for me, and honestly you can't beat the connection of RCA

fkirons
03-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Advance machines, advance connections. Like I say: "If you don't plug your iPod with clipcords you probably shouldn't do with your tattoo machine"

crabink
03-18-2013, 06:59 PM
im gonna convert my coils to rca.. and sell my rw id ...fuck it.... rca is better anyways

MickWrath
03-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Convert your ID too

Bishopbyname
03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
So easy to convert to RCA, i have with about 7-8 of my machines, coils and rotaries. Easier, better connection, less wear and tear, hell even the clip cord sleeves are easier to put on an RCA cable. Easy fix. Half an hour to do 4 or 5 machines no probs.

serial1313
03-18-2013, 07:39 PM
What is a good place to get RCA plugs to convert colis to RCA?

Hip hop robot tattoo
03-18-2013, 08:13 PM
I like josh fords RCA conversion!!!!!

serial1313
03-18-2013, 08:20 PM
I like josh fords RCA conversion!!!!! Do you have a picture or a link?

Wonderland
03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
I have all my machines with RCA plugs, coils and rotaries. It was the best thing I have ever done. Clip cord is dead, and has been dead for a long time we just have not let it go. The clip cord was a manifestation of useing bare wire connected to the binding posts way back in the day. The binding posts had thumb screws on then and when tightened would secure the bare wire leads. Then some one decided to make the chippy cord to keep the wires from being damaged and make it easier to change machines too.

I would even say that RCA is only being used now because it was the easiest to adapt to fit the binding post hole on most machines.

crabink
03-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Convert your ID too

oh yeah..

crabink
03-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Convert your ID too

are all RW clip cord?

MickWrath
03-18-2013, 11:37 PM
No dale can do RCA too but it adds a bit of length and it's only for some machines if I remember correctly Allie has a good link to a binding post RCA adapter somewhere on here.

Hip hop robot tattoo
03-18-2013, 11:40 PM
http://www.infiniteirons.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RCAJACKADAPTOR
Here's the link to the infinite irons adaptor

Brian Russell
03-19-2013, 03:08 AM
You can always use a switch box. I use RCA on all my rotaries and I can flip a switch to clip cord for all my coils that I don't want to convert over.

biggietattoos
03-30-2013, 06:09 PM
My power supply has 2 cord inputs and a toggle switch to change back and forth I have one with a clip one with a rca. Works awesomely for me! 6 feet long 90 degree rca cords are available at radio shack for $6.99 definitely worth it

evol777
03-30-2013, 07:31 PM
i have a halo FT if your interested... its all black 3.2

nivek
03-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Kingpin sells the same ones as Infinite Irons, but II has them cheaper. The Eikon ones are good, but you are buying from Eikon... ick the painful pleasures ones are cheaper - but they are cheaper ... in every way.

The II ones are the best for me, but may not work with many of your rotaries, but they do work great with many.

No Iron Machines
04-01-2013, 10:22 AM
CLICORD work fine, many artists use , never gonna die, is like COILS MACHINES, never gonna die

RCA is good option for sure....

skinmech
04-01-2013, 11:10 AM
CLICORD work fine, many artists use , never gonna die, is like COILS MACHINES, never gonna die

RCA is good option for sure....

x2...