PDA

View Full Version : does anyone use neuma hybrids?

eric03
03-19-2013, 02:33 AM
as much as i always wanted a neuma in my collection, it hasn't worked with all i have tried and was curious if its even worth trying to sell? does anyone think theres a market for a non-working neuma hybrid with the electric module?haha

asA
03-19-2013, 02:45 AM
Non working?

asA
03-19-2013, 02:46 AM
There is only like 4 parts to the whole machine... what could possibly be broken.

eric03
03-19-2013, 02:56 AM
i honestly have no idea. I've read all the posts on here, changed the bearings, took it apart, cleaned everything n it still is not working. the issue I'm having is, i run it, it seems fine, n then when i put n e pressure on the "armature bar" it seizes up n makes a high pitched squeal till stop the power. when i start it again, its fine, then if i touch it again, same thing. i used it once on someone n luckily it seized while i was running it getting ink n not in the skin. now I'm scared to use it. i tried contacting carson hill, had some short responses with him but he didn't seem to interested in helping.so now, its just collecting dust.im open for any and all help.

seawall paul
03-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Those things run about 12-18 volts, if the motors working I'd guess you have some issue with your assembling skills, maybe check the tolerances all the way around to make sure it's not pinched, some sort of torsional resistance

asA
03-19-2013, 03:02 AM
They are seriously wonky machines... the magnets lose their grip and the whole thing goes outa wack.. ya gotta run um fast and hope they dont bog out.

asA
03-19-2013, 03:03 AM
They are crazy loud and scary sounding also.

eric03
03-19-2013, 03:07 AM
i may not be the smartest bulb in the pack when it comes to working parts of a machine seawall,haha, but i put all the pieces back as it was when i opened it. i must have done it a few times then i searched n bought new bearings. still no dice. i got the machine second hand so i have no idea if they had the same problem. i checked out all the parts and nothing is bent or dinged or damaged in any way. all the screws I've tightened in every way poss n i have ran the voltage 12-18 volts n higher n lower just to trouble shoot. still, the same thing. so I'm at a complete loss.

seawall paul
03-19-2013, 03:36 AM
Yeah not trying to bust your chops, I have one sitting new as day one in a box somewhere , they had sent an upgraded set of shims or something like that with it, I suspect yours is missing something. Hurricane flooded my house before I used it, lost compressors, not interested in trying their motor in the least

seawall paul
03-19-2013, 03:40 AM
Have you run it on air?

eric03
03-19-2013, 03:43 AM
haha, no i know u didn't mean anything by it seawall. i just have no idea whats up with it. it doesn't seem as though its missing n e thing bc if there was something missing, idk where it would fit. it doesn't even make sense to me. i thought carson would help but like i said, for whatever reason, he didn't seem to really care. asA- they actually seem to have a nice buzz to me when it is running but wonky is more what i have experienced.lol

The Limey
03-19-2013, 04:47 AM
sounds like the magnets are slipping to me, is it an almost metallic squeal?

eric03
03-19-2013, 05:03 AM
no seawall, i don't have a compressor or that set up and yes limey, its a grinding seized up squeal. when the squealing starts, the armature bar stops moving. by magnets do u mean the module or something else?

seawall paul
03-19-2013, 11:22 AM
That machine has a thin plastic part between the aluminum, I think it's possible to assemble it without, it would definitely grind without it, I had preordered and by the time they actually sent it off they had already addressed an issue with it being shallow in tolerance , I.e. a grinding sound

The Limey
03-19-2013, 11:31 AM
if you take it apart you'll see that there are a bunch of circular magnets recessed into a disc for want of a better description, those couple to the module. Sadly there were several issues with the original machines and they changed back plates, gaskets etc etc because stuff was grinding.

If you fiddle with the amount of torque you put on the back plate when you tighten things up you might be able to overcome it somewhat because you don't have to fight the seals leaking air. Don't crank the screws down very tight at all and see if that helps any.

eric03
03-19-2013, 03:07 PM
hmmmm seawall? im gonna take it apart again and post a pic of all the parts to get some feedback if all the pieces are there. thanks for the advice. limey- thank u too. I'm gonna give ur advice a try today also n see what happens. thanks again guys.

johndameart
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
when you take it apart, dont over tighten the hybrid with the back plate screws, those over tight screws cause issues, I myself have been in attempt to contact carson, but I gave up, I wouldnt use them anymore at this point. but try that, see if that helps.

eric03
03-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Thanks again for all the advice. It seems to b working at the moment. I loosened up the screws a lil on the back of the machine and tightened all the screws on the module and it seems to b giving a nice buzz and is not seizing up anymore. Hope the problem is solved and I can start using it even though I'm still a lil scared of it seizing up in the skin of a customer. Haha.I'm glad I have a Neuma, but I will def not b looking to buy any other machines once they start the business back up like they have claimed. Critical tattoo,swash drive, nedz, and all the companies like them prove, customer service is the lifeblood of a business. Without it, good luck. Thank lord baby Jesus for this forum.

The Limey
03-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks again for all the advice. It seems to b working at the moment. I loosened up the screws a lil on the back of the machine and tightened all the screws on the module and it seems to b giving a nice buzz and is not seizing up anymore. Hope the problem is solved and I can start using it even though I'm still a lil scared of it seizing up in the skin of a customer. Haha.I'm glad I have a Neuma, but I will def not b looking to buy any other machines once they start the business back up like they have claimed. Critical tattoo,swash drive, nedz, and all the companies like them prove, customer service is the lifeblood of a business. Without it, good luck. Thank lord baby Jesus for this forum.

If you've got it to work its unlikely it'll seize on a customer as loosening the screws was one of the fixes posted on the forum before it got wiped/taken down.

eric03
03-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Good to know Limey.thanks for the help.y would it get taken down btw? Was something against the rules?

The Limey
03-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Not that I know of, I think it was more to do with them not being able to meet orders etc and people being assholes lol

eric03
03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Ohhhhh.lol.gotcha