PDA

View Full Version : @FKirons

crabink
03-20-2013, 12:34 AM
I could have PM'd this question but I think that many people would be interested in reading this.

My question to you Gaston is this.

When I think a machine with true give and stroke adjustment on the fly I can only think of one machine, and it is a machine that apparently appears to be pass or fail according to many rotary users.

I am talking about the Centri... In my opinion it is an ingenious method of producing a coil-like hit but with a centrifugal braking system. Which means the nipple is ready to go up as the stroke fully impregnates. And you can adjust the stroke with a twist of a hex screw... very sick

Have you ever looked into that technology and thought about trying it out? I know there is something there... what are your thoughts

tattood
03-20-2013, 12:55 AM
just a guess but some say if u want a machine to hit like a coil ur better off using a coil.lol

MickWrath
03-20-2013, 01:23 AM
It's Mikes design and patent homie, Gaston would be the last person to bite anyone else's innovations.

crabink
03-20-2013, 01:31 AM
What do you think the Halo is and the injecta and the Neds? Those are all born basically from the dragon fly and almost everyone copied. Look at all the bishop copies out there, neo tat.. impact
Then fkirons invented the motor bolt system.. and then guess who stole that.. stigma... everyone uses everyone's technology. Once its put out into the world its always open for someone else to redesign (not copy) and or improve upon.
I didn't say go copy the centi... I just wanted to hear his thoughts on that kinda technology and see if it could be improved upon.

I mean every single coil in existence was stolen from the original design.

slicksteel
03-20-2013, 01:35 AM
crabink...neotat was before bishop with clip slide, stigma was first with the motor bolt idea.

crabink
03-20-2013, 01:35 AM
just a guess but some say if u want a machine to hit like a coil ur better off using a coil.lol

wasn't my point... I do understand the difference... the centri is like the fifth really different tattoo machine technology out there.. besides the hawks and pnumas coils and rotaries. I just think it has vast potential....its a very smart design..
Someone will always improve upon someone else's machines.... its human nature. But copying is not an option.. you take the idea and either make it better technologically or find another way to acheive a similar result.

crabink
03-20-2013, 01:37 AM
[QUOTE=slicksteel;75829]crabink...neotat was before bishop with clip slide, stigma was first with the motor bolt idea.[/QUOT

see what i mean... people are copying and changing and camouflaging machine designs so much its just common place

I am very new to rotaries.. so thanks for the corrections

crabink
03-20-2013, 01:39 AM
I am not trying to start a hate thread trust me lol...
I really should of just asked all the builders in here what they think of the centri technology and how it could be redesigned and improved upon...
so maybe i will do that

slicksteel
03-20-2013, 01:41 AM
I dont think the centri hits/ runs like a coil machine at all. It would be a different technology/idea like you say-that needs to be refined.

MickWrath
03-20-2013, 02:42 AM
The halo inkjecta and nedz dont perform anything like the dragonfly or each other homie. They may look similar and use a slider but that's about as far as it goes in commonality.

MickWrath
03-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Centrifugal technology applied to tattooing is a different system but I think it's best left to Mike to develop it and hopefully it will be done amazing with the release of the centri 2. I understand being excited about new advancements and I am too but I like to try them before getting all gungho about them and see if someone else can do it better. All this is a fine line between theft and breaking ground. Percy designed the dual coil and patented it and unfortunately the respect to not steal his design was not there and it became so commonplace that we accept it as ok, here's a chance to have the respect and do it differently. Maybe ask permission? Give royalties, or at least if nothing else credit where it is due. To clarify as well the detachable motor from stigma isn't a new operating system it's a clever idea, and if you ask Gaston he will give proper credit just as Ray did for the spring in the vice, and just as Todd did for the needle clip. Operating systems are sacred ground in my opinion and should be tread upon softly.

crabink
03-20-2013, 03:40 AM
Sounds good.. I agree totally