PDA

View Full Version : stealth gen 2 ?

skarnsink
03-11-2011, 05:25 PM
hey guys ,
been useing coils since i started tattooing in 2002 and over the last few months have been looking into some rotarys ,but as i don't no if i will like them i thought id bye a mid range machine and see how that goes ,and found these look pretty good from what i

://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130494330737&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_902wt_917

i bought one anyways let you know how it goes

Administrator
03-11-2011, 06:23 PM
When you get a chance please do post up a review of the machine.

skarnsink
03-13-2011, 11:51 AM
yep will do, not that i have used any other rotary machine to compear it to, but i think it should give me some idea if i am going to like rotarys at all ,lets hope so :).
It sould be here in a week or so keep posted.

skarnsink
03-13-2011, 01:13 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dirtys-Designs/188309864540298?sk=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=188324211205530&set=pu.188309864540298&theater

peter clements
03-13-2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dirtys-Designs/188309864540298?sk=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=188324211205530&set=pu.188309864540298&theater

I don't think that's a Stealth Gen 2 ( it might be a perfectly good machine ). Look at this picture, it's different http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/the-original-stealth-rotary-tattoo-machine.html

skarnsink
03-13-2011, 03:25 PM
yeah def not the same ,the guy that is selling them seems on the level but, said they have a better motor ,and he has re wired them and changed them from clipcord 2 rca and it comes with a cord . for $100 usd its not bad for a swiss rippoff :) ,,
just didn't wan't to fork out to much $$$ to start with.
Like i said i'm new to rotary and see a lot of great work being done with them and thought i need to give them a try so i'll see how i go with this one and let you guys know.

slicksteel
03-13-2011, 07:21 PM
they go for 50 wholesale form china ,gangstajay bought one and sad the stock ones run better then the stealhs.
But with the upgrades i would pay 100
althoe i would prob just do the mods myshelf-would cost 20.00

slicksteel
03-13-2011, 07:25 PM
they also make a complete iron version of that machine now,the one you seen is a metal chuck and a composite top frame.

Administrator
03-13-2011, 10:54 PM
yeah def not the same ,the guy that is selling them seems on the level but, said they have a better motor ,and he has re wired them and changed them from clipcord 2 rca and it comes with a cord . for $100 usd its not bad for a swiss rippoff :) ,,
just didn't wan't to fork out to much $$$ to start with.
Like i said i'm new to rotary and see a lot of great work being done with them and thought i need to give them a try so i'll see how i go with this one and let you guys know.

Keep this in mind as well... If you are looking for a good starter rotary to save money you can buy one from Dan Kubin, Mike Metaxa, Roy Richardson or a Rotary works. None of these machines will break the bank and you will still get a very good start with a machine that if you hate it will hold some level of resell or trade value. You would probably tell someone they are silly for buying a $100 coil machine.

gangstajay
03-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Keep this in mind as well... If you are looking for a good starter rotary to save money you can buy one from Dan Kubin, Mike Metaxa, Roy Richardson or a Rotary works. None of these machines will break the bank and you will still get a very good start with a machine that if you hate it will hold some level of resell or trade value. You would probably tell someone they are silly for buying a $100 coil machine.

I can speak only of the rotary works, I dont own the other 3 ... there all great from what I have seen.. rotary works machine run very smooth at very low volts, they are great for line work,color or blk and grey.. I have 2 use them for line work...

skarnsink
03-14-2011, 01:44 AM
hahahaahhah "You would probably tell someone they are silly for buying a $100 coil machine." so true, but if i remember rightly my first coil machine was around $100 :) so will c how i go , carn't wait to give rotarys a go !

slicksteel
03-14-2011, 02:21 AM
actually there is some good 100 doller machines out there-just tune them up right,superior makes cheap machines that i can get to run very smooth!

Alie K
03-14-2011, 02:40 AM
From someone who has owned both a cheapy stealth, and then upgraded to 'better' machines, I can tell you this:

The Stealth isn't a 'terrible' machine. It will work pretty good for a while. It will probably give you a decent amount of time to explore rotaries and get the hang of using them. It IS a slightly different feel than a coil machine, and may take a little adjustment. The Stealth will also deteriorate rapidly as opposed to a higher quality machine. Ever notice how frustrating it can be to cut a steak with a butter knife? It may get the job done, but it takes a little elbow grease. When you pick up a nice steak knife however, you will notice how much nicer it slices instead of just cuts.

Not a bad idea to use it as a disposable intro to rotary tattoo machines, but if you get frustrated, don't think that all rotaries work that way. Each variety has its own characteristics, and one might be better for a specific job than another, one might jive with the way you work better than another. It can be difficult to choose one out of so many, but that's the bonus of getting to ask a group of people what they think, and what they like to use for which job.

Again, everyone works differently, so you may get several different machine answers to your questions. Be patient, though.

This was one of the very first tattoos I did with a rotary machine - a Stealth - a few years ago:

http://www.rotarytattoo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34&d=1282798482

This is one I did with it a few months ago. I don't really use it too much anymore. The motor is not that strong. It WILL push a single needle just fine, though! That's what I did this one with:

http://www.rotarytattoo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38&d=1282799791

When you are ready to move up, let us know what you are looking to do, and I'm sure lots of people will tell you their favorites. :)

skarnsink
03-14-2011, 03:08 AM
thanx everyone for there replys this is the reason i joined the forum , to get well informed opinions and info :) ..
and Alie k if i can get my first tattoo with it, as smoth as your first, then it will be worth $100 and i'll def' be moveing on the better made rotary machines,
its all a learning curve from here on in and i'm sure i'll be picking everyones brain ;)

peter clements
03-14-2011, 01:35 PM
thanx everyone for there replys this is the reason i joined the forum , to get well informed opinions and info :) ..
and Alie k if i can get my first tattoo with it, as smoth as your first, then it will be worth $100 and i'll def' be moveing on the better made rotary machines,
its all a learning curve from here on in and i'm sure i'll be picking everyones brain ;)

That's the beauty of this forum, we enjoy sharing information and helping each other. Please persevere with your Rotary experience, I for one feel almost reborn as a Tattooist, I'm producing the best black & grey work I have ever done and it's thanks to the Rotaries. I was taught first off with Rotaries, big heavy cumbersome things back then (1978) so I suppose as a Tattooist ,I've come full circle.

skarnsink
03-16-2011, 04:19 PM
just got my first rotary machine looks pretty nice :)..... like a fat kid with ten cup cakes ,carn't wait to get to work tomorrow ,any things i should know to start with im just planing on colour and shadeing with it at the moment and see how things work out .
skarnsink

slicksteel
03-16-2011, 08:18 PM
remember if its a no give rotary go shallow(ride of needle tips or barrel with just a bit of needle showing as they tend to not hurt the client as a to deep coil machine would but can leave alot of scabing the next day.

skarnsink
03-17-2011, 03:13 AM
thanks mate ,its only a few small tattoos today but looking forward to it ..

Janne
03-17-2011, 11:19 AM
How did it go mate? :D

fkirons
03-17-2011, 11:51 PM
that company is disgusting. They sell knock offs of my machines
http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/worldwide-tattoo-machines.html
The blue one there is the old pyro and they have on even a copy of the Galaxie.
Sad part is that WWT is the one making them for them.
Shame on WWT as well.

mike h
03-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Gaston the ethics of that company sickens me ,they are well known to sell to anyone.they are seen selling there crap at many well known conventions over here,so that shows the ethics of some convention organizers over here,we have very few ethical suppliers in this country!

skarnsink
03-19-2011, 06:57 AM
well i have to say i'm hooked on the rotary , so user frendly and for colour and shading i think that my blends and greywash has never been so smoooooooooooth :)
i did try line but didn't get as good as result so went back to the trusty old coil liner ! i'm sure there is some teq' on how linework should be done with the a rotary but at
the moment i'll stay with the coils for lineing ,but def' loveing the results of the past few days with rotary , just got to get use to being able to hear myself think hahahahah...

Alie K
03-19-2011, 10:29 AM
that company is disgusting. They sell knock offs of my machines
http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/worldwide-tattoo-machines.html
The blue one there is the old pyro and they have on even a copy of the Galaxie.
Sad part is that WWT is the one making them for them.
Shame on WWT as well.

I suppose they are 'sister companies'? I noticed a 'dog marking kit' with a stealth machine set up 'specifically' for animal marking. (yeah right) The picture has the WWT logo on it. A bunch of the machines on that site look really similar to CAM too. I guess they get everything from the same sweatshop. Oh, those Chinese companies!
http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/animal-marking-kit.html

We all know how they are. Sadly, I'm guilty of purchasing from them on occasion. Cam is the only one I can find certain anesthetics that I trust (nothing worse than arguing with a client to sit for 'just another few minutes' to add the white highlights after a 5 or 6 hour sit - they never come back in 2 weeks to finish something minor - it looks good enough to them).

That's why I was kind of surprised to see Bishop machines on WWT. At first, I wondered if they were knockoffs (of course they aren't). It seems to be the only real linear machine they carry at the moment - sadly, I bet they'll be reproduced in no time.

fkirons
03-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I've heard the central tattoo supply in the UK are the most reputable company.
I've been trying to get in touch with them...

fkirons
03-21-2011, 04:09 PM
what's funny is that the The Tattoo Shop people contacted me years ago to sell them and I told them, NO because they sold to scratcher so they opted for selling copy cats of my machines, really reputable people!!!!
Hope to see them this year at Tattoo Jam!

elbo
03-21-2011, 04:15 PM
I've heard the central tattoo supply in the UK are the most reputable company.
I've been trying to get in touch with them...

Central are certainly the most reputable supplier here in the uk...their service is second to none....Tattoo shop will sell to anyone!

mike h
03-21-2011, 06:09 PM
central are the only suppliers over here i know of who will ask for health dept certificate before selling to you, owners nicole and josie are always great to deal with and very helpful.nice to know your going to tatoo jam gaston ,i'm working it again this year,so i'll see you there.