PDA

View Full Version : MR03 shipped this week.

Nedz
03-29-2013, 11:22 AM
I have shipped out the MR03's this week and I am in Texas at the moment so I am available for advice on running machines if any gets one while I am here, what I mean is I am on line. Hopefully everything will go smooth when you get them but I always hate this part waiting for people's responses.

The MR05 is being produced while I am and away the parts will be interchangeable with the MR03, this means the linear machine can be changed to a 90 degree machine. Later in the year the MR01, MR02 and the MR04 will all be redesigned to take the same motors. You will be able to buy motors and bodies separately so you can choose your motor then buy the body that suits your style of tattooing.

It's going to be a very exciting year.

artoftatt2
03-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Pre order and a sneak at those m05s?

punisher
03-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Sounds great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

asA
03-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Sneak peek! Sneak peek!!!!!

Nedz
03-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Soon as I get back to the UK I will get some pictures up.

Hip hop robot tattoo
04-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Anyone get theirs yet? I'm very excited about these

asA
04-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Im hoping... maybe today...

e_Bangs
04-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Which motor did you send on 1st fast or slow?

Denner
04-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Hi anyone else got a refund for the extra motor, Ed just refunded 60£ to me, and that confuses me a bit because I thought that the slow motor was just delayed a bit and would be shipping out a bit later ?

Has anyone any more info on the subject or have heard otherwise regarding the extra motor ?

e_Bangs
04-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Got an email saying my extra motorbody and main body will ship next week with a spare kit! Cant wait!

Nedz
04-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Just to let everyone know things got a bit frantic before I left for the US and I forgot to bring the spares kit back to the shop before I went to the airport. As soon as I get back I will be shipping out the motors plus the spares kit which consists of extra grub screws o-rings and a spare delrine plunger. I will ship a new manual as well as it might be a bit confusing with what voltages to use. I wrote it with the fast motor in mind but half the machines shipped with fast motors and half with the slower motor. So if you get a machine with as slower motor voltages are 5-7 volts and the faster motors 5 volts. The motors are rated at 7.2 volts so they can be run a little higher with out damage and you may also need to run them a little higher at first to bed the plungers in. Two artists have received their machines and already done some work and first reports are they really like the machine, I have tagged them on face book so check them out. When you get your machine please feel free the email me any comments or suggestions you might have.

asA
04-05-2013, 01:19 AM
The wait is killing me, its been in the usa for a week!!! They must be driving it in a 1930s mail truck cross country, fred flinstone style.

Denner
04-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Sounds really good Ed :)

How will we know which motor is in the machine we receive ?

Nedz
04-05-2013, 11:27 AM
If you get a machine with full back motor body then you have a fast motor and the recommended voltage will be 5 volts.
if you get a machine with red and black motor body then you have a slow motor the recommended voltage will be 5-7 volts.

Denner
04-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Darn.... I got the slow motor then, I was wondering about that because I put up a pre order for a all black machine and got a machine in red and black, so I kind of figured that I did not get the fast motor as I wanted, will just have to wait for the fast motor to ship out, so that I can use the machine for lining and black'n'grey, as intended :)
If I get a customer who wants color, I will test it and post my feedback / impressions right away, but I do 90% black'n'grey so I will probably have the fast motor in hand before having the chance to test use it for color....

Well thanks for the answer, my machine just arrived and it is nice and light and looks really well crafted, so if it runs as goods at it looks I am sure it will be a great machine :)

Denner
04-05-2013, 02:50 PM
This is how my machine looks, so it's the slow one if I understand correctly ?

asA
04-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Mine showed up this morning!!!!!!

Nedz
04-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Sorry if you did not get the right motor to start with. I left the shipping to my assistant and he may have made a decision on if you ordered both but don't worry I will post out your second motor next week.

Nedz
04-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes this is a black machine with the slower motor fitted. I have colour coded the motor bodies to
make it easier to see at a glance which is which. Fast motors are all black and slow motors are red and black.

Nedz
04-05-2013, 05:53 PM
You may find that the machine has a small amount of give this comes from the dampening washer on the lower steel plunger. I will be shipping everyone some spare nitrile washers once they are made. These will be of three different densities so you will have a hard, medium and soft option to cushion the hit of the needle.

Denner
04-06-2013, 03:27 AM
No worries mate, I ordered both motors, even though there was a bit of a mix up with my payment and some refunding stuff, but that is all taken care of by Ed now and Ed truly a great guy / machine builder to trade with...
I had a breake in and lost a lot of tattoo related stuff, machines, inks and so on, and he threw in some nice free stuff along with the machine to help me get back on my feet again, that is a truly great gesture and it shows how cool he is when it comes to trading and his services in general, two big thumbs up......
Well enough rambling and off topic stuff, just thought that I would let people know how nice Ed has been to me :)

artoftatt2
04-08-2013, 07:10 PM
How's everyone liking the mo3 so far?

asA
04-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Mine is broken :( ill post photos tomorrow.

Denner
04-09-2013, 03:35 AM
@artoftatt2
Have not used it yet, but will post impressions as soon as I have used it :)

@asA
Broken as in not functioning as it should or as in broken during shipping and transportation ?

asA
04-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Broken as in the shaft of the motor sheared off. Ill post photos when I get to the shop. Happened after a few lines of tattooing.

Nedz
04-09-2013, 11:55 AM
It seems that the swash cams are failing I have had reports of this happening on two other machines. The initial cams were fine and held up but the production cams are different some how I will make them in steel next week and ship them out to everyone. Also I will have some new sponges made at the correct size as they seem to make a big difference.

Please bare with me I think I may have jumped the gun due to my holiday but If anyone is truly unhappy with the machine I will exchange it for a MR05

artoftatt2
04-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Pics of the m05?

asA
04-10-2013, 01:50 PM
18218 here is where it broke. The shaft is real thin also the bearing sticks and doesnt rotate smooth. Also the backside of the swash was jammed against the motor so it was cutting a groove in it.

OwlsDen
04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I am pretty sure Ed will take care of you. Interesting to see how the mechanics of the machine work. Hope you keep us all posted.

Nedz
04-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Yes the engineering company drilled the shaft hole into the extrusion thats hold the bear making it extremely thin, some bearing only lasted a few minutes. I will replace all the cams for everyone if they still wish to percevere with the MR03 and the updates should sort out any problems.

Nedz
04-10-2013, 03:55 PM
First picture of the MR05.
I have used a normal needle bar as the actuator for the cartrigde but I may change this to a hinge bar. The grip adjusts same as the MR03 for use with cartridges or can be use with your normal grips and needles if you wish.

artoftatt2
04-10-2013, 03:59 PM
I got through an outline with mine today and it sheared also .. But damnit I like this thing Ned! It has tons of potential I can't wait to pop the new parts in it and go to town some more..

PAWNJOB
04-10-2013, 04:10 PM
So I guess it would be advised that the rest of us not use our machines when we receive them until we get the replacement parts huh?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

asA
04-10-2013, 04:18 PM
I like it, it has potential for sure. I wanna do some tattoos with it! I want the updated bits.

slicksteel
04-10-2013, 04:19 PM
how is the size and fit of that grip in the hand-would like to get the directdrive one.

artoftatt2
04-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I like the feel in my hand.. And it runs as fast or slow as you want.. It just has a few quirks..

artoftatt2
04-10-2013, 04:30 PM
I will say that this machine is going to stay in my top drawer .. It has more potential than the other cartridge systems out their..

asA
04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
How do you feel about the cartridge fitment in the grip?

Nedz
04-10-2013, 05:08 PM
First picture of the MR05.

artoftatt2
04-10-2013, 05:14 PM
It takes a bit if getting use too... But I do understand why it is that way... He diddint copy anyone else's way of doing it..

Nedz
04-10-2013, 05:15 PM
It is a little tight on some of the TTechs I should have built in a little more torolence but I have found that some of them fit perfect and some you really have to struggle with.

artoftatt2
04-10-2013, 05:25 PM
A hair more on the opening would suffice .. The fact that I do push them in hard makes me feel more comfortable that they won't come out while tattooing..

Nedz
04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Ok here is the latetest news for any one that bought a MR03 I will be sending out the spares and the extra motor next week.

I had mixed results backdue to the cams have failing quite quickly due to and error at the engineering company. On the positive side anyone that has a machine thats work seems to like it and say its great for blending colour so I did something right. I will be re designing the cam in the next few week but its going to take about a month or two for tests and final production.

To make up for this I wll be sending every one that bought an MR03 the parts to turn it into a MR05 as they are interchangable.

e_Bangs
04-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Waiting for a refund on the second a machine.... Mine ran for a hour and still running strong! Haha the real test happens tomorrow when the owner of the shop does a half sleeve with it. We got mix reviews over here. Oh and btw i have a mr01 original model with the 5 springs are you still doing the £99 upgrade?

Denner
04-12-2013, 03:12 AM
Hey Ed...

Sounds just great, about the "free" parts for changing it in to a MR05.... I ran mine yesterday for about an hour, and then it failed :(

Ok here is the latetest news for any one that bought a MR03 I will be sending out the spares and the extra motor next week.

I had mixed results backdue to the cams have failing quite quickly due to and error at the engineering company. On the positive side anyone that has a machine thats work seems to like it and say its great for blending colour so did something right. I will be re designing the cam in the next few week but it going to take about a month or two for test and final production.

To make up for this I wll be sending every one that bought an MR03 the parts to turn it into a MR05 as they are interchangable.

mikebeecherart
04-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Are there pictures of the 5 yet?

asA
04-16-2013, 01:19 AM
There is a whole other post.... and pictures on page 4 of this thread aswell.... might wanna spend 2 seconds looking!

e_Bangs
04-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Is anyone's mr03 getting really hot with-in the 1st 5 mins of use?

dvdbrwn
04-20-2013, 08:27 PM
mine did before the cam sheared

Nedz
04-21-2013, 04:37 AM
Ok I have tested a new cam and it seems to be holding up and not generating to much heat which was coming from the swash drive I think. I have run the prototypes for over 4 hours and they got warm but never to hot to be uncomfortable.

I will be shipping out the new cams this week along with your spare motor and spares kit. I would also recomend that you drill out the bush in the grip to 3.2 this will stop any sticking as the fit was a little tight I will supply the drill. I will also send a replacement dampning washer for the bottom plunger made of rubber the leather seemed to tear up quite quickly once lube got on to it and I am still waiting for the nitrile washers to be made once they are done I will post them on to everyone.

Once again thanks for your patients I really appreciate it.

Nedz
04-26-2013, 02:29 PM
I have shipped out the spares kits today along with the second motors and the adapters for the MR05.

I have included in the kit:
2 cams 5mm and 3.75mm
1 delrine plunger
Spare o-rings
1 sponge for bottom plunger
1 rubber washer for bottom plunger
MR05 frame.
MR05 top grip.
Needle bars for use with MR05.

PAWNJOB
04-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Bravo! One of the main reasons that I opted to pre-order the MR03 was because of NEDZ's customer service reviews and killer offers on his upgrades for previous machines. This was a pre-order, I expected delays and mishaps. Whatta way to make things right! I think that this is more than reasonable. I'm glad that i chose to pre-order this machine, and I'm really glad that the original cam failed :p You guys gotta admit we're really making out on this deal! Can't wait to try both the MR03 and MR05. Thank you Ed, you run a 1st class outfit!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Denner
04-27-2013, 02:25 AM
That's just top notch :)

Denner
04-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Just got my "upgrade" set, it's more of a free machine, the MR05 and an "upgrade set" for the MR03, that's just stellar service Ed, I am impressed :)

But I have some questions for how to change motors, upgrade the rubber washer and what to drill out with included drill, so here we go:

1, Is there a way to easily tell the 5mm and 3.75mm for each other ?

2, The sponge for bottom plunger, do I replace that with the on already in the MR03 an do I just make a hole in it withe plunger, there is no hole in it as far as I can tell ?

3, The rubber washer for bottom plunger, what do I do with that exactly, do I tear the old washer of and just place the new on the plunger or do I have to glue it on when I replace it or what do I do exactly ?

4, What do I drill exactly with the included drill and could you maybe post some instructional pictures or a video before I start drilling away and maybe do something wrong and wreck my MR03 ?

5, I got the fast motor ( black one ) in my upgrade kit as well and the cam for the MR05 was mounted on it, but I am a bit confused on how to unmount the cam for the MR05 ao I can test it in my MR03 and how to mount the cam on the slow ( red motor ) so I can use it in the MR05, so bacicly I am asking how to exchange motors and cams so I can use the different motors in the MR03 and MR05, I figured out how to unmount the cam on the MR03, but the cam on the MR05 I cant figure out how to unmount because the grub screw is "covered" partially by the motor housing and I can not get to it with my allen / hex key, and that makes me wonder what I am doing wrong ?

On a side note the MR05 is super nice and, silent and just one sweet running machine and the adjustable stroke length system is just genius, cant wait to use it tomorrow for some nice solid color work :)

Hope to hear from you soon, so I can get on with testing the MR03 and MR05 with my new CX-1 G2 power supply :)

Cheers...
Dennis

Nedz
04-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Ok sorry if I did not make the instructions more clear.

1: the cams have a mark on the bottom two marks for 5.0mm and one mark for the 3.75 I hope my assistant got this right.

2: Some of the sponges that I used I cut myself and they were a bit rough around the edges but the new ones have been cut with a tool. You will just need to poke the plunger through if you want to replace it.

3: The rubber washer is to replace the old one its made of leather I thought it would be a good dampner but as soon as it gets lube on it it starts to break down. Just remove the old one and glue the new one in place use some contact glue.

4: Inside the grip is a small brass bush if you feel the bottom plunger is sticking you can use the drill to open the bush to 3.2mm this will allow the plunger to slide easier. It may come out when you try to drill it but if it does just hold it with a plyers drill it out then push it back in.

Denner
05-01-2013, 02:02 AM
Hi Ed.

I see the marks on the Cam, thats super nice, will try the 5mm today :)

In regards to my question number 5, you might have missed it because it is a long question, and for that I am sorry, but I dont know how else to ask the same question in a shorter form, hope you get what I am asking about :)

5, I got the fast motor ( black one ) in my upgrade kit as well and the cam for the MR05 was mounted on it, but I am a bit confused on how to unmount the cam for the MR05 ao I can test it in my MR03 and how to mount the cam on the slow ( red motor ) so I can use it in the MR05, so bacicly I am asking how to exchange motors and cams so I can use the different motors in the MR03 and MR05, I figured out how to unmount the cam on the MR03, but the cam on the MR05 I cant figure out how to unmount because the grub screw is "covered" partially by the motor housing and I can not get to it with my allen / hex key, and that makes me wonder what I am doing wrong ?

On a side note, is it possible to buy the grip adapter for the MR05 on it's own, because, not the grip, just the adapter, that the grip screws on to ?

Cheers...
Dennis

artoftatt2
05-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Unscrew the two grub screws holding the motor in place for the mro3 and mice the motor to access the cam..

Denner
05-01-2013, 03:06 AM
Totally missed that was possible, will try that ASAP :)

Nedz
05-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Sorry got side tracked.

5: Just twisted the motor body it is in two halves red and black for the slow motor and two black for the fast.

Change your cam then twist it back on, it fits to the bodies of the MR03 and MR05 the same way.

I would avoid moving the motor up and down as it need to be it a certain place for it to work in the MR03.

Denner
05-01-2013, 03:42 AM
Super cool, will do it that way :)

On a side note, is it possible to buy the grip adapter for the MR05 on it's own, because, not the grip, just the adapter, that the grip screws on to ?

Cheers...
Dennis

Nedz
05-01-2013, 05:17 AM
You mean the main body of the MR05 the piece the motor fits to yes its £125

Denner
05-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I am talking about this part:

Nedz
05-01-2013, 09:49 AM
£25 each plus shipping

asA
05-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Are you going to change the fitment of the cartridges into the grip? Or are you happy with how they are now? I mean mine dont even twist in.... you just kinda use all your strength to jam them in to a point and then to get them out when they are a little slippery is near impossible. Its nothing like the fit in the stylus or the cheyenne grip. It seems like the opening needs to be way bigger.

stevencash1
05-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Yes I agree about the fit of the cartridges one of the grips I got with my set up the cartridges won't even go in at all the other two I have you have to jam them in as well. Did anyone else get any grips that you can't fit the cartridges in at all?

artoftatt2
05-01-2013, 03:30 PM
I broke three t tech cartridges off in my grips today..and my m03 runs so erratically notated what I do.. Also the straight needle bars don't work well with the grips for the m05 they miss the head of the t tech needles pushrods half the time.. I'm really feeling none of these products were well thought out or tested for several months before release..

stevencash1
05-01-2013, 03:56 PM
I haven't gotten my mr05 stuff yet but did you get to do a tattoo with it? Or is it just not working right at all?

tatu richie
05-01-2013, 04:02 PM
damn seems to me this is bad... dig ur other machines but what happened here man? did u put it to a test? i have read several here hving the same issue... not good

artoftatt2
05-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Well I've tried to tattoo with both of them they work and then they don't .. The hole in the grip is too small to use a plunger like the t techs come with so when you try and use a normal needle bar it will slip of the drive part of the t tech.. And the drive system for the m03 will act erratic because the cam is not secured to the drive bar so that play makes it hit a ill different each time.. All things that should have been thought out...

stevencash1
05-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Ya I've done a few tattoos with the mr03 it did pretty well but I just didn't like the way it ran it wasn't very smooth I was hoping that these new parts were gonna fix things that were wrong with it and make it run smoother I can only wait to get my parts to see how it works I'm hoping my stuff works or at least fixes the problems

Nedz
05-01-2013, 05:32 PM
OK I am going to the engineers tomorrow to have end of the needle bars melted into a ball this way it wont slip. I have had some samplers done this week and they work wekk so I will send out some free of charge.

tatu richie
05-01-2013, 05:37 PM
damn this is a sad day, and yea im gonna be the dick and put it out there. i got my hands on one and gotta say i am extremely disappointed just as much if not more then the rotard. no i did not buy this from nedz but got it in trade brand f ing new, to make a long story short i threw the ship in the trash to save any more pain to anyone that uses this thing. sorry nedz imo this is a really bad and not thought about build.
it took time to write what i did so please forgive that its written in diff color font. i wanted to make sure i wrote exactly how i feel...
u can kick me off here or block me or what ever but damn these things aint cheap and this is a very bad build, ive learned my lesson, nothing can be said or done to change how i feel and infact the way others as well... take it as it is...

- This is the feedback regarding that dildo machine:
- Same motorbolt as the spectra holo fit design! at least he could have change it
- the machine is almost impossible to put back together if you take the motor out.
- Motor is 30 cent chinese crap
- the system piston that pushes the needle is crap
- Low quality aluminum therefore bad anodizing finish
- cam broke after 3 minutes of tattooing.
- The machine has a leather piece!!! are you kidding me? you might as well put a piece of meet or bone in there too!
- Machine was rushed, with zero testing. Another machine builder that jumps in the band wagon to make a buck or two.
- Super off balance! its almost impossible to tattoo with this. It seems that whoever designed it has no clue about tattooing or what a tattooer seeks for.
- 120% disappointment from the moment you run this machine.
- worse than Rotar!

Justice must been served

MickWrath
05-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Nothing wrong with an honest review Richie. It is what it is, first and only time you'll hear me say this but I'm glad my dog had surgery the week Ned was taking preorders it kept me from buying mine. I don't understand how builders don't do at least 6 months of hard testing on the final design. Put it into real artists hands and run them into the ground. Then if all is well make your money.

asA
05-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Im holding my full opinion on the machine untill my spare kit comes... but first impressions on this machine are terrible so far.

stevencash1
05-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Ya I'm still waiting on my spares kit to put my review on this machine but as of right now I wish I would have saved my money.

serial1313
05-01-2013, 06:50 PM
It sounds like you guys are testing. Very prestigious.

tatu richie
05-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Nothing wrong with an honest review Richie. It is what it is, first and only time you'll hear me say this but I'm glad my dog had surgery the week Ned was taking preorders it kept me from buying mine. I don't understand how builders don't do at least 6 months of hard testing on the final design. Put it into real artists hands and run them into the ground. Then if all is well make your money.
thnx bro and well said, its deff a good thing u didnt bro

Denner
05-02-2013, 07:50 AM
I am also having a lot of problems with the MR03 and MR05, just emailed Ed, lets hope he comes up with a solution to the problems.....

Nedz
05-02-2013, 08:48 AM
I am at the moment having all the grips machined larger so that its a better fit for the TTechs also I will insert a second bus to keep the needle bar from slipping down the side of the cartridge. This should be the only issue with the MR05 and I will send the replacements to Denner and some others in the UK and Europe first. If Dennis is happy then you have the option to swap over your MR03 body for a MR05 that way you will have two fully working machines.

Thanks for you patients.

Regards

tattoosbychriselement.com
05-02-2013, 08:55 AM
it seems no one can fully nail the cartridge system top right position, I tried a marksman and that was complete shit and the customer service was horrible.that left me with a bad impression for the stylus and this machine as well it seems the only upright machine for cartridges I would buy is if Cheyenne hawk made one! (I just baught the inkjecta flite v2 so illbe giving a review soon! lol)

asA
05-02-2013, 09:45 AM
it seems no one can fully nail the cartridge system top right position, I tried a marksman and that was complete shit and the customer service was horrible.that left me with a bad impression for the stylus and this machine as well it seems the only upright machine for cartridges I would buy is if Cheyenne hawk made one! (I just baught the inkjecta flite v2 so illbe giving a review soon! lol)
The stylus cartridge fitment is perfect, the machine tattoos real nice, its just a little hard to push big liners with it. But rick tested the stylus for a good while before he released it... unlike the marksman or the mro3, Neither machine was tested at all I feel.

artoftatt2
05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
So since I have been without my 900.00 dollars and a working machine for over a month I want to return my products for my money back.. But was told I have to mail the machines back and they have to be in his hands first! So now I have to pay 100 dollars to ship and insure machines that have cost me money to send back and wait longer to get my money back? This is the worst customer service I've ever felt with.. When I had a problem with stigma they sent me a motor next day and paid for me to return the other one.. Because the product was faulty.. I can't believe that someone wants me to pay money to send him his faulty product back so I can wait longer to get the hard earned money I spent on tools I use to feed my family...

tatu richie
05-02-2013, 02:28 PM
So since I have been without my 900.00 dollars and a working machine for over a month I want to return my products for my money back.. But was told I have to mail the machines back and they have to be in his hands first! So now I have to pay 100 dollars to ship and insure machines that have cost me money to send back and wait longer to get my money back? This is the worst customer service I've ever felt with.. When I had a problem with stigma they sent me a motor next day and paid for me to return the other one.. Because the product was faulty.. I can't believe that someone wants me to pay money to send him his faulty product back so I can wait longer to get the hard earned money I spent on tools I use to feed my family...

really fucking sux randy sounds like its ready to be a rotard situation, just sux all these hard working tattooers put trust in the hands of this machine that was NOT tested. not FUCKING kool

joelhague
05-04-2013, 02:58 PM
This really sucks because nedz are good machines but i hate hearing about this crap i wouldnt wanna be in either tatu or randys shoes right now 900 bucks is alot of cash plus the shipping he paid nedz if i was you id be sending him a prepaid express over night ups return label.especially since he is a very active rotary forum member i actually traded him a mro1.2 machine awhile back he told me he loved nedz so and it really sucks having someone change there tune completley on you i agree any machine should be tested for months before selling i went thru this on the stylus as well and had to return it for repair twice in the first two months of owning it. please builders when you charge what you do for your machines make sure they are tested and all the bugs worked out or release a protoype model to forum members only for half the price and let us do the work but please dont expected peoplebtobbe paying full price and having to return the machine for repairs

joelhague
05-04-2013, 02:59 PM
I had the problem of how can you fall in love with a machine even ig it has flaws if you cant use it half the time cuz its away getting fixed

asA
05-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Got my fix kit today and the other motor I ordered, ordered a slow and a fast... but received two fast motors.. ugh really another mistake.. I still cant make it tattoo. Deffinatly dropping the ball in every way on this situation.

tatu richie
05-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Got my fix kit today and the other motor I ordered, ordered a slow and a fast... but received two fast motors.. ugh really another mistake.. I still cant make it tattoo. Deffinatly dropping the ball in every way on this situation.

yup and very sorry that everyone has gone through this,

asA
05-04-2013, 10:20 PM
I feel like im beating a dead horse..so this is my last post about either machine.... but the mro5 that came today the cam rubs against the body of the machine causing it to make a ton of noise and a bunch of vibration. You can kinda jam it to the side and get it to stop but then it jiggles back over and hits again. Also the motor doesn't lock into the body either, so if you bump it it wants to fall out of the machine.. and whats already been stated about not having a propper pusher to actually hit the cartridge. :(

joelhague
05-05-2013, 02:08 AM
Uh oh nedz strikes again I'm over hearing about all these problems my money won't be going that way anytime soon

PAWNJOB
05-09-2013, 03:08 AM
- Motor is 30 cent chinese crap

Please tell me this isn't so Ed. I just don't think I could bare it, please tell me he's wrong.

I feel like im beating a dead horse..so this is my last post about either machine.... but the mro5 that came today the cam rubs against the body of the machine causing it to make a ton of noise and a bunch of vibration. You can kinda jam it to the side and get it to stop but then it jiggles back over and hits again. Also the motor doesn't lock into the body either, so if you bump it it wants to fall out of the machine.. and whats already been stated about not having a propper pusher to actually hit the cartridge. :(

Mine didn't rub but it was extremely close on one side. If you're deciding to stick it out w/ this machine ASA you might try the following. The motor bolt is comprised of two pieces which are held together by the twist lock system themselves. I had to find which one of the three possible positions of the twist-lock was best as it pertained to the alignment of the cam to the frame. So you'd twist the two pieces together and check the alignment, then twist them apart, turn one section a 1/3 of the way around to the next possible slot, twist them together and check the alignment, and then repeat once more. Each position aligned the cam w/ the frame at a slightly different angle :/

After the motor bolt's two pieces are assembled, they are attached with a second twist-lock fitting to the MR05 frame. Each three positions of the second fitting also effected the alignment. I managed to get mine fairly centered w/ both fittings in an ideal position. Good luck and let me know if that helped.

I just got the Spares/MR05 kit today and to be fair I haven't used it yet, but right off I'm not too high on doing any machining what so ever (drilling out the bushing on the 03). I can't imagine that I'll be able to pull this off w/ any precision so I'm apprehensive. I don't know WTF happened here so I really don't wanna contribute to any NEDZ bashing, I just want a working machine. A new release w/ some kinks is one thing but to have almost every single aspect of the both the MR03 and 05 machines failing is pretty frustrating to say the least. It does indeed seem that both machines weren't tested at all. The issues w/ the 03 have pretty much already been covered. But to follow up w/ the 05 in this stage of development after the 03 debacle is beyond me. In addition to the aforementioned, the 05 also has a few other issues. The chuck design is flawed. The oval cut-out in the frame that accommodates the chuck doesn't leave enough room for the chuck to slide very much at all, maybe a mm. So as soon as the tube starts getting tightened down, the chuck simultaneously hits the frame stopping you from tightening it any further. As a result the vice wasn't able to secure the tube very well. A longer oval slot and a screw w/ longer threads is much needed. The fit of the motor bolt to the 05 motor bolt attachment is pretty loose too. My last concern is w/ the armature pin which has a fairly stiff and gritty bearing that doesn't spin too freely. This may or may not cause any problems.

I'm really on the fence at this point as to whether I should stick this out or just return the machines. I'm a patient man but this is pretty disappointing. I'm more than willing to wait as long as it takes for NEDZ to get it right, but these failed upgrade kits are kinda unsettling. It just seems like there are too many issues building up. At this point I'm leaning toward returning everything for a refund, or possibly an exchange for two fully upgraded models AFTER they're ready for release. I guess I'd really like to hear from anybody that's done the upgrades first. How goes it and what was the end result?

I posted here in order to quote a couple people and contribute but I think it might be more appropriate to create a new thread that's easier to search. I'm encouraging everyone to post any further comments on updates and upgrades in the "MR03/05 Spares Kit and Upgrades (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/8601-MR03-05-Spares-Kit-and-Upgrades?p=81753#post81753)" thread. Thanks