PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy vs Halo

crabink
03-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Although I really think the Prodigy is a good machine.. I have really had my eye on a Halo and I really like the direction Fkirons is going with the 2 future projects...
Also I really want to invest in an american company for several reasons, but mainly because I like the fact that I can actually talk the designer and be a part of the whole experience.

I am curious how the Halo runs and want to know how it evens up with the Prodigy? Because from what I see I don't use much give with a Prodigy and might want to trade with someone...

Anyways.. love to hear some veteran info on the Halo and Prodigy Please...

MickWrath
03-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Apples and oranges my friend, they operate very different from eachother dispite using cylindrical sliders. Only way to know is by trying it...but so many people don't take the time to really get to know a machine before dismissing it so its up to you to really learn the machine well enough to apply it to how you tattoo...only then will you know if it's truly not for you. Sometime machines click with people right out of the box and that's great but it didn't take any knowledge or time to appreciate it. If you truly put in an effort to know a machine like you and most of us did with coils, then you can tattoo well with any well made machine that you pick up. The more operating systems you become familiar with the less time it will take to adjust to any machine. "The more you know" lol. Save for the halo homie doesn't hurt to try it, but maybe give your prodigy some skin time just to see. Sometimes we just don't get to fuck on the first date no matter how much liquor we feed em ;-)

crabink
03-30-2013, 02:21 AM
lol yeah.. but they usually let me finger the butt hole a little.

Reason i made this post is because now I understand what rotary give is and I really like the Halo... maybe I just should of started a Halo thread.. but I am sure i can find some info as well....
I will most likely buy both.. or trade it... I am not worried....its all good.. major lead forward today in the rotary world for me... very stoked...

fkirons
03-30-2013, 02:39 AM
Just some minor feedback for your study (sorry couldn't help it :) )
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/4947-Spektra-Halo-feedback-thread?highlight=Feedback (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/4947-Spektra-Halo-feedback-thread?highlight=Feedback)

crabink
03-30-2013, 03:58 AM
Yeah Gaston i went right to it after i made my last post....

I wanna Halo really fucking bad...

Im gonna pm u i got a question

Wonderland
03-30-2013, 08:29 AM
I bought a halo, after I said I would not buy one on this very forum. The give aspect was not a selling point for me because I did not think in terms of how important IT could be. Now I have my halo and I enjoy using it quite a lot. Th first tattoo I did with it I explained to the customer that it was my first time using it so he might have to come back for some inspection. He did and I learned a lot for the tattoo and noticed that I need to be a little more determined with the machine when I line with it. Give knob out a turn from full and I have been rocking it all day long. Got about 60 hours of tattooing on it right now and it is my go to machine for lining.

Eturnus
03-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Id say the halo is the best for your dollar. It works flawlessly with the ttech system as well. When i first got it i thought the give system didnt work well and hit wayy too hard. But it was because it was freshly made and needed to be broken in, just like a new car. after running it for a couple of hours it really started to shine. after that the Halo could hit really soft or hard smoothly. very low maintenance with a nice torque full motor. I got to play with a prodigy but it is still breaking in i believe. my coworker will run it for an hour today and then try it out more.

MickWrath
03-30-2013, 12:41 PM
I removed my stay up spring out of one of my prodigys and she runs ttech amazing at 8-9 volts as well.

chris-in-cali
03-30-2013, 12:49 PM
halo and t-tech....fucking match made in tattoo heaven.