PDA

View Full Version : Love the site. Intro and question

darkink
03-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi my names James.

I just found this site and grateful for it.

I’m suffering from not sure what to buy syndrome.

Here is my past story for you.
My first rotary was early on it was a neuma 2, I went on to own a bunch and loved them but not enough punch but damn smooth.

Then I moved on to the neuma hybrids. Again smooth and had the punch but I was there on the first batch and a lot of problems so I moved on.
Next came the stigmas which were hell to get in America at the time. But after I got the hyper 2. I liked them but something just didn’t work for me maybe even to smooth
I now use the stealth I didn’t know of the Swiss at the time. I have all strokes of them and I do like them and they may have too much punch, but it’s the smoothness that just isn’t as smooth as what I want

I have owned like 4 of each or more of the machines. Which is the number I’m looking to buy I currently own 16 stealth’s. Lol

Anyway I have also owned more coils than I care to admit and using them more these days. But looking for the smoothest rotary I can find, short stroke and sadly I’m on a budget due to the economy these days.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

My work

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Ink-Tattoos/110040169015808?v=app_4949752878

http://www.darkinktattoos.com/james_tattoos.html

emoneylovesyou
03-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Wow, what a collection. Well you defiantly need to get ahold of a Neo-tat and Rotary Works.

darkink
03-14-2011, 07:23 PM
thanks where can i find Rotary Works?

darkink
03-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Neo-tat are they hard hitting?

slicksteel
03-14-2011, 07:26 PM
i would say prob go with a neo tat- very nice made at a fair price. or get those stealhs modded by otto!

darkink
03-14-2011, 07:27 PM
I fell in love with otto mod. Will he mod for people that would be great.

slicksteel
03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
why so many of the same machine do you have them have mutiple locations?

darkink
03-14-2011, 07:40 PM
they are cheap.. lol they do a good all around job.

4 of each stroke and I have 2 other employees and they barrow and not return them.

Actually how I do it is…. I using 4 ---1.5 strokes and 4---2.mm strokes.

A kid I trained that works for me I supply his machines... so he is using 4 of them,

So that’s 12 lol not sure why I have the other 4 lol. They are 1mm stroke... Don’t bother with that stroke it’s a joke.

darkink
03-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Due to the rescission and my uncontrollable habit of trying new machines I think I’ll thin out some of my collects ion soon.
Sorry I didn’t notice I could click the links above your names to find the machines. That’s super cool.
Does the Rotary Works hit soft? I see the link to his face book but is there a site?

slicksteel
03-14-2011, 08:22 PM
fast runner great for lining!

darkink
03-14-2011, 08:43 PM
by the way...thanks for the info....i appreciate it

inked
03-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Neo-tat are they hard hitting?

nope, the neo tats are not very hard hitting, its all depends on how u run your machine, i run them at 8.5 volts for my black and grey and they seem to be smoothest! also, of all the rotary machines i have, neotat runs the smoothese and most silent, even if u use higher volts on color packing. its a flawless machine to me.

and to ur question about rotary works, they only have a Facebook page, but its all good. it is very easy to order the rotary works, and also ive benn using the RW as my liner almost daily. it runs at very very low volts. (2.8-3.5volts ) on my eikon Power supply.

also if u want a short stroke smooth machine with adjustable 'give' , please look also at the red short stroke dragon fly. thats a killer machine too. but at that pricepoint, hahaha.. its best u decide for yourself.

Administrator
03-14-2011, 10:38 PM
thanks where can i find Rotary Works?

http://www.facebook.com/rotary.works

Ray from Neotat is away at the permanent cosmetics convention this week(end) so if he is slow to emails thats why. Dale is Very quick to reply on facebook, he's not always on the forum.

they are cheap.. lol they do a good all around job.
4 of each stroke and I have 2 other employees and they barrow and not return them.
Actually how I do it is…. I using 4 ---1.5 strokes and 4---2.mm strokes
A kid I trained that works for me I supply his machines... so he is using 4 of them,
So that’s 12 lol not sure why I have the other 4 lol. They are 1mm stroke... Don’t bother with that stroke it’s a joke.

At this point they are almost Disposable machines ha! :)

darkink
03-14-2011, 10:39 PM
I thought neos were hard hitting is why I don’t own one. So thank you very much for answering.
Would try the dragon fly but not at that price.
What stroke do u find the best on the neo? I’m thinking short foe me. Seeing black and gray is what I want it for?

darkink
03-14-2011, 10:49 PM
http://www.facebook.com/rotary.works

Ray from Neotat is away at the permanent cosmetics convention this week(end) so if he is slow to emails thats why. Dale is Very quick to reply on facebook, he's not always on the forum.

At this point they are almost Disposable machines ha! :)

I bought it as a joke. Then discovered they are a good cheap option for a 10 minute tattoo. I work at 2 stations in my shop so good to have as a fast back up at each station and I also train apprentices on them

Alie K
03-14-2011, 10:51 PM
I thought neos were hard hitting is why I don’t own one. So thank you very much for answering.
Would try the dragon fly but not at that price.
What stroke do u find the best on the neo? I’m thinking short foe me. Seeing black and gray is what I want it for?

I've used all of the neotat machines for black and grey. At the same voltage, 8.5, you may find that the long stroke is like using a very slow machine, and the short stroke is like using a fast machine. How quickly do you like to move your hand? Some people like the short stroke for quick undershading, some like it for soft portrait style work. Nick Chaboya uses long stroke for everything. I hear that he will just move his tubes further down towards the needle tips (to mimic a short stroke).

Since you are already used to short stroke machines, you probably will not have any 'snagging' issues that first-timers to shorter stroke rotaries have. You can lower your voltage on a short stroke machine to slow it down a little bit, but if you don't want a fast machine, try the mid stroke neotat.

darkink
03-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks I’m used to the 1.5 stroke but like the 2 mm.. not sure on stroke lengths on the neo but the mid might be for me.
I tattoo fast. For black and gray

darkink
03-14-2011, 11:02 PM
I was on the neo site. The work done by Ryan Hadley (http://www.myspace.com/studio13tattoo) is what I’m looking for. Wonder what stroke?

darkink
03-14-2011, 11:05 PM
my youtube video may explain how i work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8XcMbphFc0&feature=player_embedded

Alie K
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
My coworker likes the mid stroke. He tattoos with pretty quick hand motions. He sets it at 10v and gets a nice balance of dark blacks and nice washes. With a shorter stroke, you'd probably use it at lower volts. A friend of mine uses short stroke for everything - color work AND black and grey. The mid might give you nice versatility of working slow or a little quicker, but if you want really fast, the short stroke would be the best bet...or you could get both? lol

darkink
03-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Will a neo work with a cx2 power supply?

Administrator
03-15-2011, 12:38 PM
GlenP on the forum has both a critical power supply and NeoTat machines.

gangstajay
04-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Due to the rescission and my uncontrollable habit of trying new machines I think I’ll thin out some of my collects ion soon.
Sorry I didn’t notice I could click the links above your names to find the machines. That’s super cool.
Does the Rotary Works hit soft? I see the link to his face book but is there a site?
dale is the man behind rotary works... he just posted in the new machine and products thread he has 30 in stock... very good machine, also the neo tat is a dope machine I have 3... and if you can drop the cash get a bishop...

darkink
04-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up