PDA

View Full Version : LOD in action with Icube and hawk Powersupply & t-tech,hawk carts

slicksteel
04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=628676770480884&set=vb.404493449630812&type=2&theater

OwlsDen
04-17-2013, 01:43 PM

OwlsDen
04-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Looks cool. I wonder how much power it can have though.

slicksteel
04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
yea you could use it direct to the hawk ps.
the icube is to control thru a phone etc if wanted to control the powercurve etc on the up and down stroke-

throwhammers
04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
So cool. I want one. I know a guy here who is working on the same concept...

DCtattoos07
04-17-2013, 02:11 PM
With this device would i.be able to.use the cheyenne pu on other machines aside.from hawk? im pretty new to this idea, sorry

slicksteel
04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
from what he has told me yea it will work.

OwlsDen
04-17-2013, 04:16 PM
I love the idea of a machine that small. Any idea of a price point? Or is it too far away from retail right now?

throwhammers
04-17-2013, 04:30 PM
He says end of april, the machine is like 500 euro and you need the icube too. Altogether almost 1000 euro.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2

johndameart
04-17-2013, 04:41 PM
I dont think I will be paying that much... :(

johndameart
04-17-2013, 04:43 PM
when I heard 500 euro I was like, thats not too bad, but then it being about 1000 in the end is a lot imo... but if i had a chance to try it it may be worth that!

OwlsDen
04-17-2013, 05:11 PM
I dont think I will be paying that much... :(

I agree. 500€ sure but 1000€ I could buy a lot of machines for 1000€ but one and a special box that still needs a power supply, had better be magic.

johndameart
04-17-2013, 05:16 PM
agreed

slicksteel
04-17-2013, 05:43 PM
haha i am sure all you rich tattooers can afford no problem! -you pay alot for dragonfly and stigma and have 5 or 6 of those when you can have this one that does it all with out all the clutter.

johndameart
04-17-2013, 05:53 PM
haha

Administrator
04-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Just paid out $1500 today between GoodLuckIron, NeedleJig and Tatsoul in restocking supplies for the summer. All that clutter ads up, ha!

joelhague
06-25-2013, 04:44 AM
1300 canadian i want one. they are magnetic not rotary i bet they slap it in nice plus its small as hell can you get any closer to the perfect machine i think not does anyone on the forum own one of these yet. he is building and selling. .

Jack Steel
06-25-2013, 11:01 AM
a copy from a client's facebook

Hi Leute!

AN ALLE TÄTOWIERER UNTER EUCH DIE MIT DER LOD LIEBEUGELN!

Hiermit distanziere ich mich offiziell von der LOD Maschine, da Dimitry sie verkauft obwohl sie meiner Meinung nach noch nicht ausgereift ist.
Ich habe zwar einige Motive teilweise damit gestochen aber musste immer wieder auf die Hawk zurück greifen weil ich Probleme mit der Hitze und zuwenig Kraft zum Sättigen hatte.

Um eines klar zu stellen: ICH ARBEITE MOMENTAN NICHT MIT DER LOD SONDERN MIT DER HAWK THUNDER, ICH HABE DIE LOD NUR KURZ GETESTET UND SIE ZURÜCK GESCHICKT!

in german , so you'll have to do the translating part ;)

darkness
06-25-2013, 11:35 AM
yes , but here in Germany have a little war with chayenne and Dimitry ... cheyenne tries everything to make everyone poor and sue that could be dangerous to them.
I built my own cartridge and promt angry post of cheyenne. TTech's so cheap and non-sterile version as piracy makes bad. My Facebook page was even banned from Cheyenne short.

They even try to ban TTech here because it would be pirated. What is not true. This company is almost aggressively and criminally here in order to preserve their monopoly !

peezie
06-25-2013, 01:19 PM
I kinda feel like cheyenne has a right. They spent a lot of money developing that system and to have a company like ttech or anyone else circumvent all their hard work is kinda fucked up. I know a lot of people on this forum use ttech because it's a cheaper alternative that works good. Thing is, no one is saying you can't make a cartridge system. Their is no monopoly on cartridge systems. Just don't make a cartridge system that has a design so similar that it fits into their patented designed grip. Or don't make a machine or grip that fits their patented cartridges. Yes , the system works good. A lot of R and D went into it. But anyone thinking that this
is not a ripoff of this
is only fooling themselves. Google this - ITC Launches Probe Into Tattoo Machine Patents - Law360 - to read the full article. A link to the article will ask you to sign up for shit thats why i didn't post a direct link. Article has links to the patents also.

peezie
06-25-2013, 01:26 PM
I have nothing against anyone that uses TTECH or any other knockoff by the way. I feel that if im gonna practice what I preach, than I wont be using ttech myself personally, as I do view it as a knockoff. Just my opinion.

slicksteel
06-25-2013, 01:48 PM
The only thing that is the same is the top out side area that locks in place-everything else is different. It's kind of like the first company that invented any in this world-should they own all rights of variations for all time to come? True, it is wrong to steal a company's name, total product likeness and sell it as a complete clone. But were would we be with out progress- Any time you see any type of tattoo machine.Ideas were used from other things done before in manufacturing etc. Also most people use t-tech because they work better-they are soldered and grouped more like standard tattoo needle/bars. The hawk ones are more like cosmetic style were they are set in plastic and grouped tight with small pins. The bottom line is a cart paired with a disposable tube is common sense progress. If you have one machine that;s easy to clean paired with one throw away tube and a few needle carts-you min the contamination and lower bio waste. Cheyenne took the idea of putting a object into another and twisting to lock into place-this has been done before in guns and other products-they did not invent that idea. And the idea of putting needles in a group to tattoo with has also been done before. THey way I see it is they only own rights to exact copies-as they paired ideas all ready used and invented to make a different product.

throwhammers
06-25-2013, 01:53 PM
There is, apparently, a lot of animosity between Dmitry and Cheyenne... but that (and Ttech vs cheyenne) is off topic.

I have an LOD and iCube. I got it a couple of weeks ago. The builder (Dmitry, who also designed the hawk thunder) has so far been a stand up guy, very communicative and he responds quickly to any messages or questions (albeit in German, but thats no problem).

The machine is very nice. Totally minimal. Stainless steel, so it's heavy, but the way it sits in the hand is very comfortable and the weight plays no role really. The machine has adjustable stroke, speed, and give (though even at its hardest setting it still has a fair amount of give) over all the way it hits reminds me a lot of a coil to be honest. The handling of the machine is like drawing with a marker, with no weight off to one side it is perfectly balanced (the cable is also like the hawk cable, so it is super thin and very light). Oh, it is very quiet (but not silent) when it has a cartridge in it, but the plunger inside rattles a little when it isnt set up with a needle (I think it needs the pressure the pushing back against the plunger) I have lined using (Ttech) 5rl and 7rs with no problems. Shaded and packed with 7, 15, and 17 mags also with no problems. Cheyenne cartridges work best with it, but Ttech fit as well. They are a bit tighter, and there is like 1mm of needle hang when the machine is at rest (i have used scissors to trim a tiny bit off of the ttech cartridge plunger and it works fine if the needle hang bothers you)
It is a big change for me to work with the give the machine has, since i have been using only direct drive for quite awhile.
The iCube power supply is super tiny. It is the only power supply that works with the LOD, however the iCube will power any rotary, and is supplied with two sets of cables (one for LOD and one for other rotaries). It has a magnetic base and essentially no other features. Just a little black box.
Right now, the app that works with the systemis not the one Dmitry wrote (that one is still being reviewed by apple) but it works and does everything it needs to. His app made for the iCube has programable presets, and a special feature for using it with the cheyenne hawk thunder so you don't need a start up cable.
There is another similar app for android (similar to the one i am using now) but i have not tried it.

slicksteel
06-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Sweet it sounds great!

darkness
06-25-2013, 03:29 PM
The cartridge system is not a patent or invention of cheyenne ..this system is used since years in the cosmetic industrie (permanent makeup) and a lot of builder used this cartridge system. The only think is cheyenne is the first that bring this to the tattoo world ... so ttech copy nothing ,cheyenne has only a patent for the membran because this technic is used since years by others.

peezie
06-25-2013, 04:04 PM
New topic to continue this conversation as to not further derail this topic. http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/9086-Cheyenne-and-their-patents?p=86138#post86138

asA
07-02-2013, 01:24 PM
I snagged throwhhammers Lod. Now just waiting on the post man. This machine should be fun. It's a cool idea and something different, not just another regurgitated slider or dd or whatever.

e_Bangs
07-03-2013, 02:46 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lp3XFXUjTU&feature=related

No power unit needed works thru an ipad app!

throwhammers
07-03-2013, 03:08 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lp3XFXUjTU&feature=related

No power unit needed works thru an ipad app!

Of course you need a power unit. The ipad is cool and can do a lot, but it cant wirelessly transmit power to a tattoo machine.

You need a power unit and bluetooth transmitter, which come with the machine (its called the iCube, and can be used to control other rotaries as well). The ipad app controls the power unit (which is tiny, as is the bluetooth transmitter) wirelessley (via bluetooth).

The machine is plugged into the power unit/bluetooth module. But is not plugged into the ipad.

OwlsDen
07-03-2013, 05:57 AM
I have a hunch that it works by PWM. I make a Pulse Width Modulation box that works with your normal power supply. If anyone with the LOD machine wants to test it, message me.

throwhammers
07-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Thats exactly what it is.

OwlsDen
07-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Thats exactly what it is.

Well I sell mine for a whole lot cheaper!