PDA

View Full Version : Rw id 2.5

crabink
04-21-2013, 03:13 AM
Has anyone ordered a RW ID, or other RW machine with a 2.5 stroke and used it for Black n Grey?

crabink
04-21-2013, 04:00 PM
crickets! .. really?

OwlsDen
04-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Sorry man, I didn't even know it was an option. Both of the two I have are 3.5.

heinz5774
04-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi there,
After much watching and learning, someone has asked a question where i feel i can make a contribution.
I bought an ID from Dale a couple of weeks ago in standard 3.5, and in course of the conversation he mentioned he used a 2.5 himself for B&G.
Being a curious chap i asked him to send me a 2.5 center to try. I love the standard setup but maybe i would like this even more.
It arrived next day (Great service every time) comes as a new center, conrod and little piston, and its an easy five minute fit but you must remove the motor plate and motor together as they are glued as one.
In use it seems to run much faster as you would expect, but also with more vibration which i didnt like so much. This is because the hole for the motor shaft is drilled off center to give it the stroke rather than the conrod being offset on the 3.5.
This means the center is not balanced and vibes a bit, even with the short stroke.
I have to say that this is not a production item and may be a prototype that Dale very kindly sent me to try. But i would want it sorted if i were to use this as a regular machine.
As for the way it works. For me it needed minimal needle hang and work off the tip, but was super soft and a joy to use.
I did switch back to the 3.5, partly for the vibration issue and partly that in that form its more of an all rounder, but still very soft when required.
Would i buy another as a stand alone 2.5 B&G machine if it were smoother? Yes i think i would. I have neen knocked out by these machines and can see me buying several more.
Hope this has been of help, if a bit ling winded

crabink
04-22-2013, 03:56 AM
I want to order a 2.5 I.D. with rca as soon as I can...
I mean 250.00 and a great machine.. really wanna try it out...
Anyone else know when more I.D.'s are coming?

serial1313
04-22-2013, 01:41 PM
I want to order a 2.5 I.D. with rca as soon as I can...
I mean 250.00 and a great machine.. really wanna try it out...
Anyone else know when more I.D.'s are coming? I would just keep checking his website. http://rotaryworks.bigcartel.com