PDA

View Full Version : greetings from sweden

oldsch00l
03-17-2011, 05:46 AM
hello there all rotary fans :)

well im Paul and ive been tattoing for about 5 years now , and i started using rotary machines about a year ago , mostly for my shading/coloring lining is still the coils that rock my world hehe
i mostly do traditional american art and mix it up with japanese traditional stuff :)

well thats a little about me

....Paul

peter clements
03-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Tell us about the machines you are using Paul. Some of the Rotaries are amazing liners, if you get the right one you'll not go back to coils mate.

emoneylovesyou
03-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Yup, I feel like my line work improved and got easier using a rotary especially pushing the big needles.

Mark5
03-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Hejsan

possessed2sk8
03-18-2011, 12:32 PM
greetings! i only use them for shading and coloring as well. i've finally got decent linework after almost 5 years and don't wanna mess that up. to be honest i've never seen linework done with a rotary that compares to perfect solid linework with a coil machine especially in traditional work where the linework is bold and obvious...but thats just my opinion. i'm sure it can be done just like when someone with experience puts in a solid tattoo with the shittiest of machines

slicksteel
03-18-2011, 01:18 PM
I like rotarys for fineline ,coils for large scale work.

wonder_glasses
03-18-2011, 03:59 PM
välkommen!

The Limey
03-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Paul.

oldsch00l
03-26-2011, 09:02 AM
well thank you all for the greetings ( excuse my poor english ) .

im now using today an early shagbuilt machines that i got hold on when i was down in denmark for a visit heh .
and i bought my self a stealth machine a couple of years ago . i also had the jackhammer for a while wasnt my cup of tea . ...

and now im buying a machine from dan kubrik i think hes name was :) a springer machine for peppershading and hard color packing :)

ive been quite afraid of using a rotary for lining just because i think it must be easier to get blowouts with them ?
and i really like the coil machines for lining , mostly the sound of coil machines sounds like a "tattoo" you know what im saying ?
and ofcourse i really like to have heavy machines :) my grips are between 35-40 mm thick and wheigs about 280-320 grams . and that wheight + the weight of some of my machines the combined wheight is about 500grams :) heh . i can even say that im using 9-14 round liners and rs to do my lines hehe .