PDA

View Full Version : Critical CX1 G2, jus arrived at my door and so far it is one hell of a power supply :

Denner
04-25-2013, 01:24 PM
This bad boy just cleared Danish customs ( damn Danish customs and postal service, those fuckers made me pay 75$ in import and custom fees ) it's a Critical CX1 and yes it's the all new G2, will review it next week :-)

nouveau
04-25-2013, 02:44 PM
just got mine this week. u'll love it. the foot pedal override is great as well. This one looks a bit different as mine has a foorprint on the center button and its simply dubbed 'CX1'

chris-in-cali
04-25-2013, 03:58 PM
do they offer upgrades on your old cx-1 ...like they do with old cx-2?

OwlsDen
04-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Oh man I want one. They look so simple and clean now.

OwlsDen
05-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Ok my wife got me one at the Nürnberg convention this past weekend. I am pretty stoked about the size. Today is my day off and I was tattooing when she brought it over so I didn't get to test it out yet. They also gave me the manual for the Cx2 so I don't know how the toggle operates. I can set it to constant on or normal use, but I haven't figured out how to override the foot pedal.

darkness
05-13-2013, 09:42 AM
thats a great Power Supply ...i like it to much :) and my wife knows nothing of the "Gen8" that i have ordered :(

OwlsDen
05-13-2013, 01:39 PM
thats a great Power Supply ...i like it to much :) and my wife knows nothing of the "Gen8" that i have ordered :(

Do you know how to override the foot pedal?

Denner
05-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Here ya go mate :)

OwlsDen
05-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Here ya go mate :)

Thanks!

crabink
05-13-2013, 05:06 PM
what is foot override... says no foot pedal needed? please explain ?

crabink
05-13-2013, 05:08 PM
you mean push the foot button.. and machine turns on.. push again it goes off? so u must touch the power supply each time instead of a foot pedal...?

OwlsDen
05-13-2013, 05:12 PM
you mean push the foot button.. and machine turns on.. push again it goes off? so u must touch the power supply each time instead of a foot pedal...?

Yeah that's the idea. But if you bag your power supply or use a foot pedal it's no problem. Or a piece of barrier film.

asA
05-13-2013, 05:13 PM
I use the cheyenne pu1 and love the foot pedal less button on the supply.

e_Bangs
05-14-2013, 02:43 AM
You can also set this up to continuously with the foot pedal the same way step on it once and it will run step on it again to stop it!

jcecil
05-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Anyone had any problems with the new CX-1 not working with certain foot pedals? I have a pedal with amp quality wire and it doesn't work with the unit but when I replaced the wire with some cheap speaker wire it worked fine. I double checked the original wire on my other power supply and it worked fine. Anyone else experience this?

OwlsDen
05-19-2013, 02:37 PM
So I was looking on the critical website as it is my understanding that the wireless pedal controller is built in. As I was looking around I noticed that all the pictures had green lit displays. Now my wife bought mine in person from Premiere Tattoo Supplies ( German Distributor ) at the Nürnberg convention, so I have every reason to believe mine is legit. However mine has A red display. I was wondering if anyone else had gotten one with a red on white display? I assume mine is maybe an earlier version.

jcecil
05-19-2013, 10:15 PM
@owlsden I have the white screen with red lcd also I think the black screen with green lcd is standard on the cx-2 also I don't think the cx-1 comes with the wireless controller built in, they sale something you can plug into the 1/4 pedal jack. But I do think that all the new cx-2 come standard with the wireless receiver built in were in the past they offered two different cx-2 models

jcecil
05-19-2013, 10:21 PM
take that back I see on the website where all the models have green lcd, and they still offer two different cx-2 one that has the built in wireless receiver, also the new cx-1 doesn't have the option to view duty or speed as it was meant to be a straight forward power supply

OwlsDen
05-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Trust me I like just having voltage. I also don't mind the red on white display. I am just curious what the full specs of my version are. The manual posted above seems to imply that the wireless controller is built in. Also the specs for amperage seem to have changed from a max of 3 to now 6. Now I can't imagine needing more than 2-3, and the power brick that came with mine says 2.3 max amperage output. Granted you can ramp up amps or voltage in circuitry but usually at the sacrifice of the opposite. Such as boosting amps lowers the maximum voltage output. I tried writing Critical but the submission form on the website seems completely broken.

aurelien
07-01-2013, 03:14 PM
i ordered one last week but i got an ems 400 anyone got pros and cons ? I remember someone here saying that his machines would on lower voltage with the critical ?

DrewsJumpingShip
07-01-2013, 03:20 PM
exact opposite. Any of my machines run higher on an eikon ps compared to my cx1. Not to mention you are funding a bullshit company that doesn't deserve the money we work hard for. The Ems 400 is also really buggy. Sell that shit and go critical!

aurelien
07-01-2013, 03:42 PM
yeah after they sacked Bill it kinda gave me a bad impression, after all he did for all of us. Underated person that one is.
That's what I meant, with a cx1gen2 I would need less voltage ? Or am i having it wrong once more ?

OwlsDen
07-01-2013, 05:50 PM
yeah after they sacked Bill it kinda gave me a bad impression, after all he did for all of us. Underated person that one is.
That's what I meant, with a cx1gen2 I would need less voltage ? Or am i having it wrong once more ?

I have only tested it once, but to check my output from my CX1 G2, I attached a multimeter and a digital voltmeter and set the voltage to 7.5 on the critical. The multimeter read 7.58 and the voltmeter read 7.62. So what I can gather is that critical is rounding down the trailing .08 or so of a volt, which in turn could make a slightly perceivable difference on some machines. I am not saying it is bad, just a different method of voltage reading. I typically believe that rounding down is more accurate. But I did only test at that voltage, I didn't do the right thing and go through the full range, so I can't say that it is a constant phenomenon.

OwlsDen
07-02-2013, 09:38 AM

Ok, for the respect of no pictures then it never happened. I made a few with. A similar voltmeter attached to my critical. It seems to be 0.1 of a volt lower on the critical than on the meter. This also seems to get higher as the voltage climbs.

OwlsDen
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM

As you can see at much higher volts it is much farther off. Of course you need less volts. As it is surely outputting more than it says.