PDA

View Full Version : Flite v2.1

Shawn
04-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Flite are a go on protat site. Although they want $113.00 for shipping!!!

evol777
04-26-2013, 11:35 AM
600+113 to ship...plus a grip = 875ish?

johndameart
04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
yeah i emailed them....they told me 80 to ship toward texas....plus a 165 grip....plus needles.... SAD DAY!

vodu
04-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Why 113? They gonna delivery personally at your place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

johndameart
04-26-2013, 01:24 PM
they said its customs....idk. kinda blows..

vodu
04-26-2013, 02:22 PM
You pay the customs, not them

daza
04-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Well I think I would rather be bent over and butt fucked by a T rex than pay that how rude we wait an age for them to come out with that unbelievable

johndameart
04-26-2013, 06:13 PM
SUCKS. however......sigh.....ill probably still get one eventually..

Administrator
04-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Keep an eye on the classifieds. Never know what might pop up.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

No Iron Machines
04-27-2013, 12:16 PM
ACTUALLY IS A DIRECT DRIVE WITH GIVE SYSTEM on the needles bar

the GIVE system is very similar to some NEEDLES BAR i see before, i think is guy from SOUTH AMERICA produce, have a SPRING connected on the needles bar, so create a GIVE, something like that, don remenber the name of this products , maybe some of u know

throwhammers
04-27-2013, 12:26 PM
It is essentially a direct drive ( but so is the hawk really) with interchangeable spring give, but the springs don't compress, they stretch. Also, it's smaller and much lighter than a normal dd and runs up to 20 volts. Super nice machine.

They intend to release a version for normal needles and tubes as well I believe. The machine body already has posts for rubber bands on it.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2

No Iron Machines
04-27-2013, 12:50 PM
HMMM....i think the SPRING must compress, or what need for ??? the COMPRESSION of the spring create the GIVE when the needles gonna touch the SKIN...

Scentless Apprentice
04-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Why 113? They gonna delivery personally at your place?

I just bought an Inkjecta s3 from protat, and it ended up costing me over a grand. Wasn't all that impressed

adamfromessex
04-28-2013, 10:05 AM
i'm waiting on their avante, if i've understood right-same machine minus the hawk grip/ needles combo

throwhammers
04-28-2013, 10:52 AM
HMMM....i think the SPRING must compress, or what need for ??? the COMPRESSION of the spring create the GIVE when the needles gonna touch the SKIN...

I would think the same thing, but that isn't how they work with the flite...

No Iron Machines
04-28-2013, 12:18 PM
HEY THROWHAMMERS, so what need for the SPRING on the NEELDES BAR ??? i don understand man, maybe i gonna ask to BYRON what need for, must be compress

i don understand

throwhammers
04-28-2013, 12:57 PM
HEY THROWHAMMERS, so what need for the SPRING on the NEELDES BAR ??? i don understand man, maybe i gonna ask to BYRON what need for, must be compress

i don understand

I don't know why to be honest, and i have been trying to figure it out since i got mine. But it works, and it has give (though i have settled on a rigid bar instead of one with give).
I was kind of hoping the flite school video that is supposed to be going up might explain it a bit.
If you look at the inkjecta page or at byrons facebook, you can see pics of the drive bars and the springs.
Maybe i'll take some pics of mine tomorrow if i have a few extra minutes.

slicksteel
04-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Do those have all plastic body?Is there any aluminum?How do you rate it so far any better then all the rest are just another fancy dd?

johndameart
04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
from what i remember, they are some sort of fiber plastic like material.

throwhammers
04-28-2013, 02:06 PM
They are shiny plastic.
The description, I believe, says they are fiber plastic or something, but they don't look like the plastic on a swash for example.

throwhammers
04-28-2013, 02:16 PM
I have been using it for awhile now. At first I was not impressed, but after I contacted Byron and he said "Turn the fucker up, it runs from 9-20 volts" I was much happier. I run it around 16-17 volts with a rigid bar. It has more torque than the hawk i think. I go back and forth between that and the hawk. It has a little circuit board inside it and the motor is mounted through it. There is a brief pause when you plug it in, and then it just takes off.

About a year ago i thought i would just use a DD with a hawk flex grip and be done with it. But a DD, in my opinion, just doesnt work like the hawk, or like the Flite. It is absolutely more than just a DD. If you already run a hawk setup, it might be worth it to grab one. If you don't run that setup, then it makes more financial sense to wait for the version for regular needles and tubes. It's quite a commitment to get a flite, grip, and needles if you just want to try one out.

No Iron Machines
05-01-2013, 08:10 AM
http://www.alphaneedlebars.com/page/o-nas_p22

THIS IS THE NEEDLES BAR I TALK ABOUT BEFORE, THE IDEA COME FROM HERE FOR SURE...

throwhammers
05-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Nice. Those don't work like the drive bars from the flite though. Those compress.

No Iron Machines
05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
hey TROWHAMMERS, how can the FLITE have GIVE that the SPRING not compress ???

throwhammers
05-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Dude, I don't know. But I know Thats how they work because I have one. The springs stretch, they don't compress, there is no space between the spirals for them to compress. How does it work? You would have to ask Byron.
I posted a pic when I first got it (I think it's in the who sells... section) you can see them there. They physically cannot compress. It is not possible.
But it's a rad machine!

slicksteel
05-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Its not to compress it is to flex as it goes around its rotation which makes it not rigid any more-i have seen this on old directdrives where there is a collet on the bottom of the spring where you clip the needle head off and insert.

throwhammers
05-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Yeah, but there are three different ones with different weight springs and they change the amount of give the machine has.

slicksteel
05-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah, but there are three different ones with different weight springs and they change the amount of give the machine has.

For sure-improving a old idea!=progress ,I wish more tattooers were open to it!

joelhague
05-03-2013, 08:06 AM
I have been using it for awhile now. At first I was not impressed, but after I contacted Byron and he said "Turn the fucker up, it runs from 9-20 volts" I was much happier. I run it around 16-17 volts with a rigid bar. It has more torque than the hawk i think. I go back and forth between that and the hawk. It has a little circuit board inside it and the motor is mounted through it. There is a brief pause when you plug it in, and then it just takes off.

About a year ago i thought i would just use a DD with a hawk flex grip and be done with it. But a DD, in my opinion, just doesnt work like the hawk, or like the Flite. It is absolutely more than just a DD. If you already run a hawk setup, it might be worth it to grab one. If you don't run that setup, then it makes more financial sense to wait for the version for regular needles and tubes. It's quite a commitment to get a flite, grip, and needles if you just want to try one out.

How is a direct drive hooked to a fixed grip perform any different then a hawk. all the hawk does is push the plunger rod up and down with no give it is a direct drive so please explain why u feel they are different sure its a dif motor and will use dif volts but to be completly honest they cant run that much different they are both no give direct drive

throwhammers
05-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Have you ever worked with a hawk (I've only used the thunder and spirit...)?
The hawk, for me, is just... different, it's hard to explain. Super low vibration, fast, light, and well balanced. But the big difference for me was in the way it performs. If you touch the skin, the ink is just in there, solid (and this is why I actually didn't like it at first, and had to really give it some time to get used to it). And smooth. I feel like I don't even need a super tight stretch with the hawk when I work...
If you use a DD and like it, cool!
I don't think I can describe it very well.

Blondan
05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I use mainly thunder and I'm thinking to get a flite v2. I already have a inkjecta specific v2 and an inkjecta specific combo. Do you know if there is a lot of improvement between the specific combo and flite V2? I would appreciate an answer if anyone has a clue.
Thanks

evol777
05-03-2013, 09:37 PM
@throwhammers can you describe/compare the similarities and differences of the Cheyenne Machines vs. the Flite V2?

joelhague
05-04-2013, 02:43 AM
I wish i had liked my thunder more the grip just seemed so gimmicky tobget. Perfectly lined up and it would turn a bit when taking carts in abd out constantly plus u cant bag it the way i like where u push the bag inside the grip i wish it had a different system of locking the tube to motor head and i would love it

joelhague
05-04-2013, 04:21 PM
So you think the hawk has more punch then a dan kubin mini direct drive hooked to t tech id really love if someone could do a direct compare i bet the kubin wins the hawk is just a pretty package the motor in the hawk has to be at 9 volts or so to push a cartridge that spells lack of power to me i mean so many. Machines have much more power to spare then a hawk thunder my halo can push t tech on 7.5 with no stay up spring hell. Even my stealths can push the t tech no problem

I hate the ceramic grips too drop them once or twice n ur out like 200 bucks.

Blondan
05-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Well, I can say I used most of rotaries out there, but with the thunder I feel the most comfortable.

joelhague
05-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Do u clave ur grip everytime i had a hawk rep at the convention tell me she does it once a week bagging her grip but the way it gets bagged doesnt really protect the inside

artoftatt2
05-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Hey Joel do u autoclave the surface area you work off of or your clip cord? Or do you bag them ?

joelhague
05-05-2013, 01:57 AM
Lol what ... I was just wondering as some artists don't feel the need to clave the grip every time. I find that gross. Especially when not proporly bagged .. and to answer your question the work area gets a tripple barrier of saran wrap and two 3 ply dental bib the cord always gets bagged same with my machines I could not believe how many artists I saw at the recent convention with no machine bag ... After everything gets un bagged it is cleaned with germicide 3 two times each letting the surface stay wet for atleast a full 5 minutes .. the first wipe down is to clean the seccond to sterilize note I'm doing this all to things that have just been unwrapped and have zero ink or blood on them

artoftatt2
05-05-2013, 02:01 AM
I'm just fucking with ya buddy ... Lol

joelhague
05-05-2013, 02:02 AM
People can argue all day what is and isn't required I call it basic common sense a bag will always keep it shit cleaner and not what's this asking if a clave my cord and surface no obviously not bro but germicide 3 is near as good and they always get cleaned twice

joelhague
05-05-2013, 02:05 AM
I had a germicide rep and autoclave inspector come in and asked what is the difference of killing everything with germicide 3 vs a clave and they told me long story short dead is dead either way you get there I actually like to run the germicide in the ultrasonic works great

asA
05-13-2013, 09:43 AM
My flite gets here today.. pretty excited.

asA
05-13-2013, 04:41 PM
18918shazamn!!! Pretty excited.

johndameart
05-13-2013, 05:00 PM
who did you order from?

asA
05-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Protat

evol777
05-13-2013, 07:15 PM
what was the total cost to your door if you dont mind me asking?

Patrick
05-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Dayum, asA! That's purty!
I'm officially jealous.

asA
05-13-2013, 11:14 PM
565 for the machine. .. 144 for the grip.

asA
05-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Did you get the direct drive bar with no give? I'm not feeling even the strongest drive bar.... I gotta hunt down a drive bar with no spring.

throwhammers
05-14-2013, 01:24 PM
I made one. I cut a needle bar to the appropriate length, tapped the end, and screwed on a stainless steel ball from a piercing barbell.
But I stopped using it. I use the hard bar now. I didn't like it at first, but now it's fine. I also run mine just under 17v for coloring and shading.

asA
05-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah 17 volts ish seems where I settled in aswell

joelhague
05-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Wow 17 volts why is there such a low power motor in such an expensive machine it doesnt really leave much room to play with it at 17

throwhammers
05-14-2013, 02:53 PM
It can run much lower, and up to 20 volts. Cool thing is it doesn't lose torque at lower volts.

asA
05-14-2013, 06:57 PM
It has a 24 volt motor... The volts it takes to run a motor says nothing about its "power"... Different motors operate at different volts...

throwhammers
05-15-2013, 09:52 AM
It has a 24 volt motor... The volts it takes to run a motor says nothing about its "power"... Different motors operate at different volts...

Exactly, and the flite has a brushless motor, so it's apples to oranges...

tattoosbychriselement.com
05-15-2013, 10:32 AM
I run mine on 10 volts for shading/coloring and at 11 to line no need to go up to 17 I tried running it that it sounds horrible!!!

asA
05-15-2013, 10:45 AM
I run mine on 10 volts for shading/coloring and at 11 to line no need to go up to 17 I tried running it that it sounds horrible!!!
Did you oil the little plastic slide on the pusher bar? Mine sounds like the thunder at 17 volts. Its not loud at all.

vodu
05-15-2013, 11:25 AM
hmmm actually, I´m thinking, if the spring extend and is placed in bottom the hit will be more powerfull, because it´s the force of motor + the force of spring. When the crank is pulling the needle out, the spring is not important, but you use this momentum to strech and use to put more downforce again...

asA
05-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Its more like it lets the spring flex side to side, but there may be a tiny stretch in it aswell.

vodu
05-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Its more like it lets the spring flex side to side, but there may be a tiny stretch in it aswell.
Lol, asa, your comment is smaller than the text with how many rotaries you have! Hahahhahahaha

joelhague
05-15-2013, 06:27 PM
i realise that it could have a different motor but whos power supply goes to 24, im not trying to bash the machine it just seems a lilttle funny to put a 24 v motor in there when most power supplys dont go that high, not that you would need to, but hey say you use rotary and coil do u really wanna sitch between 6 volts and 17 thruout the tattoo, im sure the flite is an epic machine, wasnt tryin to bash im sure it runs great, like most rotarys do. i just wonder why they chose to go with that, it seems a 6 or 12 v motor is the standard so why the jump.

it would just really suck to plug in one of your machines and forget its on 17 n toast a motor or scare the fuck out of ur client if u plugged a coil in at that ahaha.

asA
05-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Special tech machines run at 3 volts...you'd be silly to not own one cause you're to lazy to press a button on your power supply. why would you worry so much about what volts it runs at.... spend less time comparing volts and more time trying new machines... without people trying new motors and new things we may as well still hand poke everything.
i realise that it could have a different motor but whos power supply goes to 24, im not trying to bash the machine it just seems a lilttle funny to put a 24 v motor in there when most power supplys dont go that high, not that you would need to, but hey say you use rotary and coil do u really wanna sitch between 6 volts and 17 thruout the tattoo, im sure the flite is an epic machine, wasnt tryin to bash im sure it runs great, like most rotarys do. i just wonder why they chose to go with that, it seems a 6 or 12 v motor is the standard so why the jump.

it would just really suck to plug in one of your machines and forget its on 17 n toast a motor or scare the fuck out of ur client if u plugged a coil in at that ahaha.

joelhague
05-16-2013, 12:20 AM
hand poking causes less trauma and you get better depth controll i watched horimasa work a hanya mask faster then most could do it with a coil, haha anyways.... maybe 24 v motors are the new thing

asA
05-16-2013, 11:48 AM
I personally fell the true potential lies in a 48 volts motor, but we will have to wait and see. ... haha but for real, having a machine that can operate between 9 volts and 20 volts is a huge rang with tons of tiny fine tuning of volts.... where a machine that only rums from 4 to 6 volts there isn't a ton of room to work with.

crabink
05-17-2013, 12:26 AM
wtf is a flight 2?

crabink
05-17-2013, 12:33 AM
ok... went to their site.. that is some confusing shit... anyone explain why anyone would buy this?

Sinnersink
05-17-2013, 04:41 AM
Lol crabink why not? Inkjecta made the Best color blender i ever tried. I Used over 75 rotaries.

crabink
05-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Which color blender is that?
I would love to try an inkjecta s3, but this new flite2... 24 volts? WTF? ... give me a halo or simple dd... they work awesome.
Give is not that crucial with rotaries..

Anyone want to sell me a I kjecta s3 lol?

asA
05-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Different strokes for different folks. I use my flite everyday... my halos collect dust... and the specifics would be amazing machines if only they had a longer stroke.

throwhammers
05-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Which color blender is that?
I would love to try an inkjecta s3, but this new flite2... 24 volts? WTF? ... give me a halo or simple dd... they work awesome.
Give is not that crucial with rotaries..

Anyone want to sell me a I kjecta s3 lol?

But the inkjecta s3 has adjustable give. And it's a killer machine. (Though the stroke is a bit short for me too)

The flite is an amazing machine and seriously one of the few machines I have seen recently that is a step forward and not the same old ideas in a different frame.

It uses a brushless motor and has a small controller board inside to make it work. The benefit is you can run it super slow and retain all of the torque. The wide voltage range gives a lot of room to fine tune it to suit your needs. I haven't seen a power supply yet that doesn't go to at least 18v...
Nobody has to like it or even try it, but I can't really wrap my head around trashing it without using it first.
I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it has replaced my thunder for shading and color (and I would have given away half my collection before I got rid of the thunder).
It's a great machine.

asA
05-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Soft give bar and 4mm cam 11.6 volts.... lines like a beast somehow. Seriously loving this machine.

brendamkelly
05-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Can someone explain filte v2 fixed, flexi and combo.. i use a thunder atm

thanks

asA
05-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Combo uses the screw on Cheyenne grip, flex/vice uses the Cheyenne flex grip and has a tube vice.

brendamkelly
05-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Thanks asA :))

johndameart
05-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Protat just put up their vice combo machines as well.

Blondan
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Just ordered mine today, looking forward to get it...:)

asA
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Protat just put up their vice combo machines as well. to not confuse people... the combo is one type of tube attachment. ... and the vice is a different. Soo there is no vice combo machine.. they are two separate and different machines..

Blondan
05-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Not sure if the vice might work with conventional tubes and needles. I think it rather take the fixed or flexi grip from Cheyenne.

asA
05-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Not sure if the vice might work with conventional tubes and needles. I think it rather take the fixed or flexi grip from Cheyenne.would be weird attaching a needle bar.... youd have to use those for sure.

skarnsink
05-24-2013, 02:38 AM
a lot of the Aussies are loveing this machine think ill wait till i move back and give one a go, check out https://www.facebook.com/#!/blaukis.tattoo?fref=ts hes work all done with these i think

hellraiser6662
05-24-2013, 05:35 AM
The only reason Aussie are loving them is they are easy to get there, the rest of the world are still waiting for them to sort there international suppliers, it's a joke to how hard it is to get it. Must be alot of tattooists in Australia for them not to worry about the rest of the world.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

asA
05-24-2013, 07:17 AM
I got mine from protat in like 4 days. 565 to my door. Was quick and easy.

astaluego
05-24-2013, 08:23 AM
The only reason Aussie are loving them is they are easy to get there, the rest of the world are still waiting for them to sort there international suppliers, it's a joke to how hard it is to get it. Must be alot of tattooists in Australia for them not to worry about the rest of the world.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2 in EU are available from premier germany

hellraiser6662
05-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Cool better save some pennies then!

Blondan
05-24-2013, 12:28 PM
I ordered mine from Protat, will let you know how much will it get to posted in uk with custom charges & everything.

Blondan
05-24-2013, 12:30 PM
It costed me with an extra black plastic back cap and a long stroke cam for inkjecta specific and fast shipping 3-5 days 405£ will see how much the custom charges will get to

skinmech
05-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Custom Charges could be from £100 upwards (inc handling etc etc)....Will depend on how the Declaration Form is completed by the Sender/Supplier...Might get thro ok, I hope so.. This might help http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/5511-Customs-Charges?highlight=custom+charges

Zapp
05-24-2013, 05:26 PM
It costed me with an extra black plastic back cap and a long stroke cam for inkjecta specific and fast shipping 3-5 days 405£ will see how much the custom charges will get to

Mate,fucking expensive and pain in the arse to order oversea and pick up at customs and shit !
I think i want to try one 2,Premier Produkts In Germany have sadly only the combo in stock and i dont have the hawk standart grip anymore :-(
If i buy one i want the vice !
Let me know when you get it and how you like it :-)

joelhague
05-25-2013, 02:28 PM
anyone have the flite and using it with a t tech grip? should work flawlessly correct? i have never owned a hawk fixed grip but i own like 25 t tech stainless grips

asA
05-25-2013, 07:23 PM
You'll have to fiddle with the pusher bar a bit... It won't just work flawlessly...

tattoosbymikemiller
05-26-2013, 09:55 PM
so basically
this is a 100% cartage machine? even the vice model

asA
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Exactly.

tattoosbymikemiller
05-26-2013, 10:08 PM
*cartridge.........and why the hell would you get a fixed when you can buy the vice model and pay 30$ for the ink jecta grips? i auto claved my hawk grip like 5 times and it was toast. im flusterd

asA
05-26-2013, 10:13 PM
You musta had the old non ceramic cheyenne grip. Where do you see 30 $ inkjecta grips?

Blondan
05-28-2013, 06:51 PM
UPS hit me with da' bomb today. 130.20£ custom charges! This takes me to 535.20£! This is officially the most expensive machine I've bought.

Zapp
05-28-2013, 08:30 PM
UPS hit me with da' bomb today. 130.20£ custom charges! This takes me to 535.20£! This is officially the most expensive machine I've bought.
Thats fucking a lot !
Fucking customs, i hate to order overseas but i want to try the vice !
Please let me know how it works compared to the hawk !
Have fun with your new toy :-)

Jluv
05-29-2013, 03:18 PM
I just bought an Inkjecta s3 from protat, and it ended up costing me over a grand. Wasn't all that impressed
We're are they delivering too? I was just looking into getting one shipped to the uk 😳

Blondan
05-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Yes, you can choose the fast delivery which is like 75 Australian $ and takes 3-5 days and the other option 45$ 7-12 days. I am in uk and it costed me around 500£. Hopefully I will get it delivered tomorrow by UPS

bmerck11
05-30-2013, 10:36 AM
they have a u.s. distributer through stencil stuff and or mike devries........problem with extra shipping solved. plus they have more models up for grabs than protat.

Blondan
05-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Here is a link to my Instagram with thunder and inkjecta flite v2.1
http://instagram.com/p/Z8Kz_8G6iG/

Blondan
05-30-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm looking forward to try it. It feels like is a better balance. Also when you run it is so smooth. An excellent build for sure. Will keep you posted after I use it more.

Zapp
05-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Here is a link to my Instagram with thunder and inkjecta flite v2.1
http://instagram.com/p/Z8Kz_8G6iG/
I tought you have orderd the vice version !

Blondan
05-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Nope, the vice one still works with fixed grips and Cheyenne or t-tech cartridges and not with normal needles. So why pay more to get less options?

Zapp
05-30-2013, 11:30 AM
You have the same options its more what grip you have ! I have only the flex grip but my supplyer have only the flite combo :-( I need a extra normal cheyenne grip :-( Was looking to buy one here but it looks like nobody have a 25 mm grip for sale :-(

Blondan
05-30-2013, 01:05 PM
I have the normal grip that I attach to that metal piece that converts it into the flexi :)

johndameart
06-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Just ordered the wood grain one from stencil stuff. Thanks BMERCK11 for telling us where a usa distributor was, I still wanted the wood grain so Hopefully it will get here soon.

crabink
06-17-2013, 02:37 AM
Ok.. so let me get this straight... this machine is for t tech and or Cheyenne style cartridge systems only right?

And .. the different colored bars are for different hitting forces. So it is a Direct Drive with a dampening system?... not a give style machine?

So in conclusion this is a more vertical style with the motor more upright? with a new brushless motor?

So how does it compare to the Cheyenne?

Is this better than other machines? or just different technology?

johndameart
06-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Im still waiting for customs to release my wood grain one to stencil stuff so they can ship mine to me... :(

artoftatt2
06-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Customs? Stencil stuff emailed me and said they haven't even got notification they were shipped yet?

johndameart
06-17-2013, 03:10 PM
I may have gotten confused, he said to me they were having problems with customs and international carriers in australia so idk.

artoftatt2
06-17-2013, 04:35 PM
My email offered a refund or I can play the waiting game

crabink
06-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Ok.. so let me get this straight... this machine is for t tech and or Cheyenne style cartridge systems only right?

And .. the different colored bars are for different hitting forces. So it is a Direct Drive with a dampening system?... not a give style machine?

So in conclusion this is a more vertical style with the motor more upright? with a new brushless motor?

johndameart
06-17-2013, 06:09 PM
My email offered a refund or I can play the waiting game

Same here, debating on what to do.

Patrick
06-18-2013, 12:15 AM
I ordered a black and red combo directly from Protat and it arrived in five days or so. Really fast for international shipping. Was a little more expensive than what stencil stuff is charging. But not bad.

Shawn
06-18-2013, 01:38 AM
So in the end exactly how much did you have to pay out for it bizarro?

asA
06-18-2013, 02:13 AM
$565$ to my door in 4 days from protat, when I bought mine.

crabink
06-18-2013, 02:32 AM

Patrick
06-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Yep, mine was, like $10 more than asA's 'cause they had the solid drive bars in stock. So I snagged one. About $580, total.

crabink
06-18-2013, 04:23 PM
so no one wants to take 10 seconds to answer my question?

Shawn
06-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Just ordered mine from protat!! Woo hoo! Can't wait to get this sucker!

johndameart
06-18-2013, 09:58 PM
how much was shipping from pro tat?

asA
06-18-2013, 10:42 PM
how much was shipping from pro tat? there is like 5 posts with people saying what shipping cost!!! Read like 4 posts back..... noone on here reads anything. Everyone wants info but doesnt wanna read.

johndameart
06-18-2013, 10:47 PM
I did read asA....I read all of what is on here, I ONLy asked to see if it may of changed or what not. Thats All.

Shawn
06-18-2013, 11:12 PM
All together I paid out $615.00. I got another cap and ridgid bar.

johndameart
06-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Thanks Shawn, I went ahead and cancelled my other order and placed through them. Thanks a bunch.

Scentless Apprentice
06-19-2013, 12:27 AM

Could someone please answer this, I'd like to know too. Please and thank you

asA
06-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Yes its for cheyenne and ttech and some sketchy super china knock off cartridges only....
The different bars are for different give settings.. although they all hit super hard imo....
Yes new brushless motor, thats 24 volts... its lighter than the hawk but the rca leaves the machine in basically the same position.
Its similar to the hawk. But tattooes different.
It's better than some machines. And yes its new technology.
Now buy one and try it out.. and stop asking pointless questions.

Ainslie
06-19-2013, 01:49 AM
I haven't touched any of other machines since I got the Flite last month. I am a diehard Hawk user and this machine knocks Cheyenne out of the park.

Scentless Apprentice
06-19-2013, 02:48 AM
Yes its for cheyenne and ttech and some sketchy super china knock off cartridges only....
The different bars are for different give settings.. although they all hit super hard imo....
Yes new brushless motor, thats 24 volts... its lighter than the hawk but the rca leaves the machine in basically the same position.

I hardly think they were pointless questions, but thank you for answering. Looks like I'll be giving it a miss though, there is only one supplier in NZ that stocks cartridges, and they are around $60 for 10pcs.

Blondan
06-19-2013, 04:26 AM
They are expensive, the Cheyenne cartridges, but the're really good quality

Shawn
06-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Ttech will ship to NZ Scentless Apprentice! You get 20 carts for 18 to 25 dollars. I use both ttech and hawk carts. I would look into getting some ttechs if you wanna try the flite out. I use a right angle rca so the rca plug won't be in the way at all.

johndameart
06-21-2013, 02:58 PM

im hoping to order soon a angle rca cord to see how that works with the rca coming out the back of the machine.

Shawn
06-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Got my flite in today!! This thing is awesome. Used it for lining shading and color with 4mm cam and soft bar. It does it all flawlessly. I have used every rotary out there and this has to be"in my opinion" best I've used yet.

DCtattoos07
06-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Anybody have one of these they want to trade or sell yet? Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

artoftatt2
06-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Lol.. I don't think these will go up for sale anytime soon... I broke down and ordered one from protat.. Stencil stuff is taking too long..

johndameart
06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Got mine monday This thing is SMOOTH. Cant wait to try it, I also Ordered the Hard Bar and a clear and pink backing.19938

evol777
06-27-2013, 07:20 PM
I thought each machine came with 3 interchangable drive bars?

johndameart
06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
They do, I also ordered the hard bar. :)

johndameart
06-27-2013, 07:23 PM
it comes with a soft med and hard bar plus a no give bar, so i guess i meant to say i ordered a bar with no give.

evol777
06-27-2013, 11:17 PM
i see, comes with 3 but there is a no give option as well.... my flite just took off!

chris-in-cali
06-28-2013, 01:06 AM
where did you find the no give bar?

asA
06-28-2013, 01:16 AM
My no give bar hits the side of the tube.... because the motor isnt perfectly centered in the machine.... boo. Makes a ton of noise. :(

asA
06-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Got my no spring bar from protat.

Shawn
06-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Asa have you tried rolling your ridgid bar on a flat surface to see of it a little warped?

asA
06-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Its straight.. the motor is clearly not centered. Its visiblly off to the side a bit.

johndameart
06-28-2013, 09:38 AM
where did you find the no give bar?

yep same place, pro tat
http://www.protatsupplies.com.au/search/standardSearch?start=20

johndameart
06-28-2013, 09:39 AM
I would contact them about that...

asA
06-28-2013, 09:49 AM
I like it with the soft bar the best anyways and it doesnt effect the soft bar.

johndameart
06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
i havent gotten to use mine yet, hopefully tonight :)

johndameart
06-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Im Posting a Photo of the Inkjecta Flite V2 Tattoo machine and it should be finished uploading here soon onto youtube. Will post the link

johndameart
06-28-2013, 12:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWDVdATpbg

Here is a few things on the machine. Sorry if I look so tired haha, got back from florida two days ago and am lacking sleep haha.

artoftatt2
06-28-2013, 03:53 PM
I wonder when stencil stuff will actually have stock on these? That's a bad play in their part..

chris-in-cali
06-28-2013, 04:21 PM
if you go to there sight... they say the red and black vice machine is in stock

johndameart
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Call First Because The Customs Wasn't Releasing Them Last Time I heard

chris-in-cali
06-28-2013, 04:33 PM
ya...thats fucking bullshit if the advertise them as in stock....but then just order each one from overseas with each order.
they do list some machines as "allow 2 weeks for delivery" and some as "in stock"....so who knows

seriously debating this machine....
i am thinking the vice machine....especially with gaston announcing that he has a disposable grip that works with cartridges in development

oh...and thanks for the video bro...that answered alot of questions
thanks for taking the time...

artoftatt2
06-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I ordered from protatt because well frankly I have had a hell of a time contacting stencil stuff

Zapp
06-28-2013, 04:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aWDVdATpbg

Here is a few things on the machine. Sorry if I look so tired haha, got back from florida two days ago and am lacking sleep haha.

Thank you a lot for the video !
First time i hear the sound of the machine !
Cant wait to get mine !!!!

hellraiser6662
06-28-2013, 06:30 PM
We'll I've seen the nogive bar and it looks the same as the bar you get with the hawk grip use can use in other machines so just cut the loop off and you are good to go saves $10. Nice vid need to get the money together and I think that's the next machine for me.

johndameart
06-28-2013, 10:38 PM
yeah pretty much the same, the only difference is that it has the ball end on it. :)

evol777
07-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I ordered my flite from Stencil Stuff and received it in 5 business days... today. I did get a chance to use it already and so far I am really enjoying it.

johndameart
07-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Anyone else that ordered from pro tat get an invoice from ups stating you owe them money? Now its only 16 bucks but still, anyone know why?

Patrick
07-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Anyone else that ordered from pro tat get an invoice from ups stating you owe them money? Now its only 16 bucks but still, anyone know why?

I've had mine close to a month now and haven't heard anything like that from UPS..... Weird.

asA
07-15-2013, 01:02 AM
Yeah no ups charges for me either

johndameart
07-15-2013, 12:10 PM
yeah it said that when protat sent out the package to the states, its an estimate charge, i would look out for one...